You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

As it is the first time it has happened in his managerial career - my guess would be yes.

Probably the first time in decades it has happened at Liverpool as well - so thats a fat double yes

We didn't lose any players last summer did we?  And we added significantly to the squad.  I've no doubt Klopp would love to strengthen the squad again, though perhaps not to the same extent. 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Sources: Talks advancing between 3 Stacks and a Mexican cutie for the transfer of his penis into her vagina. Move could be completed tonight subject to a medical which could also determine whether Stacks will hit it raw or not. 

We're re-signing Speedy G?

Got to admit it's a massive let down us not signing anyone especially after Henry was giving it the Billy big bollocks talk about investing in the summer to win the league. 

I really thought we would kick on with us being European Champions and having record turn over. Don't get me wrong I wasnt expecting us to spend a fortune but I was expecting 1 or 2 players to join us.

It's a massive massive let down considering we lost the league by a single point on the back of going into the second half of last season again not strengthening in January when that could have made all the difference and we have learnt nothing from that this summer. 

FSG need to realise how lucky we are to have Klopp.

• Upvote 6

I know my stock is pretty low here, but like Leyton I am just massively disappointed in this summer. I really thought things had changed and rather than the CL being the pinnacle, it would be the base to build from.

It still might - with Jurgen you never know, but my gut reaction is saying one major injury to one of our star performers will ruin us.

I don't believe Jurgen would not want to buy, nor that there are no players out there for him, I think the Club has decided to keep its powder dry for whatever reason. We will see anyway, how the season plays out. I'm fully expecting buys next summer but at a cost to the first team, because the trend shows we only do big business when we sell.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I know my stock is pretty low here, but like Leyton I am just massively disappointed in this summer. I really thought things had changed and rather than the CL being the pinnacle, it would be the base to build from.

It still might - with Jurgen you never know, but my gut reaction is saying one major injury to one of our star performers will ruin us.

I don't believe Jurgen would not want to buy, nor that there are no players out there for him, I think the Club has decided to keep its powder dry for whatever reason. We will see anyway, how the season plays out. I'm fully expecting buys next summer but at a cost to the first team, because the trend shows we only do big business when we sell.

Beef stock!

I too am a bit disappointed we added nobody at all. I don't think the world is ending, but not signing a quality player to join the side is a bit disappointing. I only care if it's the manager's choice or the owners restricting him. If it's the former, then fine. If it's the owners, then it's a problem.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I too am a bit disappointed we added nobody at all. I don't think the world is ending, but not signing a quality player to join the side is a bit disappointing. I only care if it's the manager's choice or the owners restricting him. If it's the former, then fine. If it's the owners, then it's a problem.

Well he's said there's no money, should probably listen to him. 

Klopp's also not stupid.   Something you'd need to be to moan about fixture congestion every year and then choose to do fuck all about it.