You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The BBC

Dougie Do'ins

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

BBC1 tonight are showing four consecutive celebrity quiz shows (Mastermind, Bridge of Lies, The Wheel and Pointless).

That's a bit shit.

Your Licence Fee at work. 

The way out:

"We have reviewed the policy and we now consider it too vague, and in need of updating. 

We are in the process of continuing that review, and studying ways to make the policy more precise.

We will be re-instating Mr. Lineker to his position on MOTD yada yada yada."

Something along those lines.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

According to Sunak, this is a problem for the BBC, not the government. Which begs the question as to why Tory MPs are getting involved (aside from the obvious answer that they're utter cunts).

No doubt we will see leaks next week about pressure the government put on the BBC. Apart from being Fascist cunts the Tories are thick. In what reality did they think this would blow over as an internal BBC issue, 

25 minutes ago, magicrat said:

No doubt we will see leaks next week about pressure the government put on the BBC. Apart from being Fascist cunts the Tories are thick. In what reality did they think this would blow over as an internal BBC issue, 

They are far from thick.

‘They’ have just found the perfect wedge to drive between reality and fantasy.

Goodbye Auntie.

27 minutes ago, magicrat said:

They aren't thick,they just know that using the same divisive tactics pretty much always works.

4 hours ago, gkmacca said:

Lineker knows as much about how to think seriously about politics as a village idiot knows about how to win penalties by diving in the box. The BBC needs to tighten up and clarify its rules quickly, but I've no time for this appalling egomaniac who seems to have become the hero of every other bourgeois idiot who thinks the world reads them on twitter. And if you wonder what the BBC is for, shake Murdoch and the Mail out of your head and read TH Green.

So Lineker was wrong?

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Got to be honest. I couldn't give a fuck about any of this. 

You should. The BBC is being shown up for the tory state station that it is and high profile people are coming out in support of Lineker who rightly condemned the vile rhetoric from this absolute cunt of a government. It's a bloody mouth for the BBC and the Tory cunts. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, gkmacca said:

Lineker knows as much about how to think seriously about politics as a village idiot knows about how to win penalties by diving in the box. The BBC needs to tighten up and clarify its rules quickly, but I've no time for this appalling egomaniac who seems to have become the hero of every other bourgeois idiot who thinks the world reads them on twitter. And if you wonder what the BBC is for, shake Murdoch and the Mail out of your head and read TH Green.

Hes had at least 3 diverse careers and excelled at all of them.  He’s made tens of millions of pounds across the 3 and is respected by the people at the top of each of them. He speaks a couple of languages and has raised millions for charity. 

No wonder you hate him. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You should. The BBC is being shown up for the tory state station that it is and high profile people are coming out in support of Lineker who rightly condemned the vile rhetoric from this absolute cunt of a government. It's a bloody mouth for the BBC and the Tory cunts. 

Will it change things? Nah. They'll all be back on MoTD in the next few weeks 

Now if they boycott for good, then I'd be interested.

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Will it change things? Nah.

I don't know if it will but I think there may be a slight sway in support. The tories will continue to be cunts and the media will continue to get worse in their desperation to keep these evil shite-hawks in power. I can honesty see a drive even worse than the lies and smear of the last election. They won't just be desperate to hold onto power, they will be terrified of the stuff that could come out if Labour take the stand and investigate every detail of the shit they've been up to. There are cunts in that house every weekday standing up gobbing off who should be in fucking jail. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I don't know if it will but I think there may be a slight sway in support. The tories will continue to be cunts and the media will continue to get worse in their desperation to keep these evil shite-hawks in power. I can honesty see a drive even worse than the lies and smear of the last election. They won't just be desperate to hold onto power, they will be terrified of the stuff that could come out if Labour take the stand and investigate every detail of the shit they've been up to. There are cunts in that house every weekday standing up gobbing off who should be in fucking jail. 

I don't disagree. The media and Tory's are cunts but we'll see how many of these pundits, commentators etc follow it through over the next few weeks.