You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

51 minutes ago, Strontium said:

She. Hit. Someone. First.

People are entitled to defend themselves against physical attack you brainless fuck.

She literally left a private room to start a confrontation where she nearly shoved someone over.

Yeah, I've definitely got sympathy for your view. That's not to say I think what he did in retaliation was a proportional defence of being shoved, but I also think he can't be judged as if he's just some guy who beat up a women. It wasn't just a little push either, she really shoved the cunt. He could have really hurt himself. That said, he was retaliating not defending when he hit her, which isn't good. Did she deserver it? Hmn... not sure. Would anybody be arsed if it was a bloke? Probably not.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, I've definitely got sympathy for your view. That's not to say I think what he did in retaliation was a proportional defence of being shoved, but I also think he can't be judged as if he's just some guy who beat up a women. It wasn't just a little push either, she really shoved the cunt. He could have really hurt himself. That said, he was retaliating not defending when he hit her, which isn't good. Did she deserver it? Hmn... not sure. Would anybody be arsed if it was a bloke? Probably not.

They were harassing and being cunts to her son. They put themselves in that position and she was defending him. She didn’t deserve a punch in the face. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

They were harassing and being cunts to her son. They put themselves in that position and she was defending him. She didn’t deserve a punch in the face. 

I don't think she deserved a punch in the face, but I also don't think shoving people is a defence of somebody saying stuff. It was clearly assault on her part. That said, they do appear to be cunts. Genuine question, if it was a bloke that shoved him and got a smack, would you care as much? 

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I don't think she deserved a punch in the face, but I also don't think shoving people is a defence of somebody saying stuff. It was clearly assault on her part. That said, they do appear to be cunts. Genuine question, if it was a bloke that shoved him and got a smack, would you care as much? 

I’d have less sympathy for a bloke getting punched by another bloke. I’d still think the perpetrators were the fellas and not the mum/bloke who pushed some nobheads away for harassing them. 

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

People use the word 'assault' to justify whatever they want. Players push each other on the pitch all the time. Assault? Technically. When was the last time we saw a player respond to a push by punching the other player in the face?

Specifics of the situation aside, for a player who is only 21 Foden has shown remarkable aptitude at getting himself into bother & being centre of attention on a night out w/ regularity. Its barely 7 weeks since he was last dropped from the squad for it. Long may it continue.

21 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Specifics of the situation aside, for a player who is only 21 Foden has shown remarkable aptitude at getting himself into bother & being centre of attention on a night out w/ regularity. Its barely 7 weeks since he was last dropped from the squad for it. Long may it continue.

Shows the value of having the likes of Henderson and Milner in the squad. Without them I reckon we'd have a couple of young players getting some bad press. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Shows the value of having the likes of Henderson and Milner in the squad. Without them I reckon we'd have a couple of young players getting some bad press. 

Its possible but Foden seems to be a special breed. 2 kids at 21: breaking covid restrictions on international duty to sleep around while his 1 year old kid and partner are home (Mason Greenwood was his partner in crime on that particular escapade, obv.). Dropped from England squad + City match day squad in the same year for partying. Giggs set a high marker for Mancunian Wunderkind scumminess but maybe Foden can match him yet. City have some good senior pros too (De Bruyne has always seemed like a top guy) but a Manc will Manc.

15 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Don't know that's true, to be honest. Klopp's "No Dickheads" policy seems to have weeded out the worst of them before we even bought them.

The likes of Depay - we decided to go for Bobby instead (or maybe he turned us down?). But if you take a look around our squad, you don't see many who you'd even remotely suspect of being involved in some foolishness like that on the Foden videos (not that he's to blame for it, it's just the position he's put himself in even being there).

Maybe Curtis? The rest of the lads are mostly the home-at-eight-in-bed-by-ten types, not just because of Henderson or Milner's influence either. It's just who they are.

9 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Don't know that's true, to be honest. Klopp's "No Dickheads" policy seems to have weeded out the worst of them before we even bought them.

Think it's a club policy.

Recruitment team go around asking about the players character before we sign them.

20 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

The likes of Depay - we decided to go for Bobby instead (or maybe he turned us down?). But if you take a look around our squad, you don't see many who you'd even remotely suspect of being involved in some foolishness like that on the Foden videos (not that he's to blame for it, it's just the position he's put himself in even being there).

Maybe Curtis? The rest of the lads are mostly the home-at-eight-in-bed-by-ten types, not just because of Henderson or Milner's influence either. It's just who they are.

He might be a twat but I disagree with it just being "position he's put himself in even being there". If one of our younger players and their families got dogs abuse I wouldn't be pointing the finger at them for having the temerity to go out with their family. 

No signs they were drinking or misbehaving, looks like they were being hounded and basically fleeing from it.

Some people can't accept that these footballers are just humans and outside the grounds away from the game they should be left alone.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

I got it from Nick Harris’ Twitter feed, he’s a sports journalist.

Nice one thanks for letting that, it’s interesting as I’m sure even city would be hard pressed to defend that if scrutinised. Not that they care, the FA and UEFA won’t do anything. 

• Upvote 2

Has anyone actually confirmed they are Liverpool fans or has one blue-nose nobhead said it and as usual they are all running with it as fact? Or is that a stupid question? 

Regardless of who they are, they are horrible little pricks and I hope the fella who punched his mum gets a good hiding. 

3 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Tbf that was hardly his fault that

2 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

In going to a boxing match?

26 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Tbf that was hardly his fault that

Who knows. Always a lot of smoke around young Pip. Cavani (and others) also at the event but odd they don't find themselves in bother. How does he get himself in a scenario where he is running down a corridor looking for an exit access door with a squealing entourage coming after him and no security in sight. Not typically the average state of affairs at a sit down sports event.

I don't think there's video of what happened before we see Foden in the corridor is there?  Not that I've seen anyway.  Whatever happened before might shed a different light on things, either way. Or it might just compound the horrible behaviour on show in the video.

10 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

There's been a few small incidents, trent trying to get the pregnant bird to send nudes, Elliot with that video calling kane a mong and there was that twitter thread too of him being a bit of a dick to his girlfriend. Curtis seems like the type to get into some trouble too, I think his sister was videoed fighting with some young girls because they wouldn't share a balloon or spliff or something. 

Klopp does have the no knobheads policy, but he has good leadership below him that means they don't act like knobheads in the first place rather than having to bin them off for acting like knobheads. 

Just now, Aventus said:

There's been a few small incidents, trent trying to get the pregnant bird to send nudes, Elliot with that video calling kane a mong and there was that twitter thread too of him being a bit of a dick to his girlfriend. Curtis seems like the type to get into some trouble too, I think his sister was videoed fighting with some young girls because they wouldn't share a balloon or spliff or something. 

Klopp does have the no knobheads policy, but he has good leadership below him that means they don't act like knobheads in the first place rather than having to bin them off for acting like knobheads. 

That was faked.