You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Martial on a free next summer would be a dream. He would be quality under Klopp.

I don't rate him.

United only have 2 good players imo: the goalie, obviously, and young Gashford. He'd be the one to jump in for if the gnome continued to hamper and marginalise him.

Liverpool are preparing a €30m (£26.3m) offer for Lazio star Thomas Strakosha.

The Reds are searching for a replacement for error-prone Loris Karius after his disastrous performance in the Champions League final vs Real Madrid.

The Albania goalkeeper has impressed for the Aquile and could be a long-term solution to the Reds' problem area at just 23 years old.

With Roma looking for up to €90m for Alisson Becker, and increased competition from Chelsea,Strakosha could prove to be a more affordable option, according to TuttoMercatoWeb

Liverpool are preparing a €30m (£26.3m) offer for Lazio star Thomas Strakosha.

The Reds are searching for a replacement for error-prone Loris Karius after his disastrous performance in the Champions League final vs Real Madrid.

The Albania goalkeeper has impressed for the Aquile and could be a long-term solution to the Reds' problem area at just 23 years old.

With Roma looking for up to €90m for Alisson Becker, and increased competition from Chelsea,Strakosha could prove to be a more affordable option, according to TuttoMercatoWeb

I read somewhere that Lazio signed him for £68,000. That is typed correctly. If that's what £68,000 gets you in goal, how did we end up with Karius and Mgnolet for probably 150 times that, possibly more?

I read somewhere that Lazio signed him for £68,000. That is typed correctly. If that's what £68,000 gets you in goal, how did we end up with Karius and Mgnolet for probably 150 times that, possibly more?

Because they bought him at 16/17 years old

I don't rate him.

United only have 2 good players imo: the goalie, obviously, and young Gashford. He'd be the one to jump in for if the gnome continued to hamper and marginalise him.

I've the exact opposite view on that one.  THink Rashford is your typical over rated English player.

Martial would be a massive risk. I think it would take him a long time to fit into our way of playing. He’s played for 2 massively negative managers on the wing in his most formative years. He’s obviously very good at dribbling but that’s all I see with him. He’s not going to come in and displace Firmino. He hasn’t got the work rate or intelligence of Mane or Salah either and I’d say they’re both better all round players than him as well.

Klopp has shown he isn’t the sort of manager to just buy good players. They need to fit his profile and system. I very much doubt he’d bring in Martial.

Separately I just can’t see Fekir coming here. That’s just my gut instinct.

Martial would be a massive risk. I think it would take him a long time to fit into our way of playing. He’s played for 2 massively negative managers on the wing in his most formative years. He’s obviously very good at dribbling but that’s all I see with him. He’s not going to come in and displace Firmino. He hasn’t got the work rate or intelligence of Mane or Salah either and I’d say they’re both better all round players than him as well.

Klopp has shown he isn’t the sort of manager to just buy good players. They need to fit his profile and system. I very much doubt he’d bring in Martial.

Separately I just can’t see Fekir coming here. That’s just my gut instinct.

We are obviously interested in him, he’s definitely for sale, he wants to leave and has repeatedly been asked about us and refuses to rule it out. He’s even being named dropped by half our squad. On top of that there are no firm links to him going elsewhere other than perhaps Chelsea who haven’t qualified for the Champions League whilst the team he worked so hard for have. I can’t see how this doesn’t happen to be honest.

We are obviously interested in him, he’s definitely for sale, he wants to leave and has repeatedly been asked about us and refuses to rule it out. He’s even being named dropped by half our squad. On top of that there are no firm links to him going elsewhere other than perhaps Chelsea who haven’t qualified for the Champions League whilst the team he worked so hard for have. I can’t see how this doesn’t happen to be honest.

I’m just guessing really. I think that you shouldn’t listen to anything in the press generally. I know our players have spoken about him but then I doubt that the players are being told by Klopp who we are trying to sign unless they have a personal relationship with them. I know he’s not ruling it out but he’s hardly been over enthusiastic about t either. I’m sure he said he wanted Real to win the champions league as well.

I think the Fabinho transfer made an absolute show of all these ITK twitter accounts and journalists though. Even the journalists that might have links within the club are now either not being told things or are under orders to say absolutely nothing. I think Castle’s being the one to break the Buvac story adds a little weight to the latter argument.

It’s funny how these bellends were tweeting stuff like “the club expects to make another signing within the next week.” Strange how you know that but didn’t have a clue about Fabinho. It’s almost like you’re completely making the whole thing up for attention and followers.

• Upvote 1

Why?

Lyon are a selling club. Always have been. Always will be.

Calling a team a selling club means absolutely fuck all. It’s a phrase that’s beyond irritating because every team other than about 4/5 in the world sells their players. Southampton were a selling club but it didn’t stop them not selling Van Dijk in the summer didn’t it. There’s been a load of clubs over the years who haven’t sold to us. Personally I have a feeling If he does go he’s going to end up going to somebody else.

• Upvote 1