You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

I would imagine, if Aguero left, the logic might be that Jesus is the undisputed number one striker and, seeing as they only play with one striker generally, Sterling is the cover, who can then be covered by a top-class wide player. But it would certainy leave them looking short up front.

Sterling is 5'7 and Jesus 5'9, so yeah, pretty short indeed.

For God's sake. can a man not present  uninformed conjecture as fact anymore without someone diligently checking the facts? State of this place....

To be fair, unless someone summons up the energy to look at their results beyond mid October you may still be right and the rest of his goals were all inconsequential tap-ins. 

Jesus is a cracking player and was keeping Aguero out of the City side before injury as well holding down the front spot for Brazil.

Just turned 21 and scored 1 in 2 in the league. No chance Sterling plays before him in that position.

He also makes loads of assists from wide positions according this...

though according to that he's also a bandit and a heart-breaker.  

Great song by a troubled soul btw.

Sterling will, and does, score plenty of tap-ins.  That appears to be his job.   City attack an area just to the edge of the 6 yard box and then have 3 options; shoot, pull it back to the edge of the box of cross it to the far post.  Sterling's job appears to be getting to the back post.

It's not rocket science, just be in the place where Pep has told you to be.  They create so many chances, if you're in the right position you're bound to score quite a few.  Even then, he has missed quite a few sitters this year.

I’m just guessing really. I think that you shouldn’t listen to anything in the press generally. I know our players have spoken about him but then I doubt that the players are being told by Klopp who we are trying to sign unless they have a personal relationship with them. I know he’s not ruling it out but he’s hardly been over enthusiastic about t either. I’m sure he said he wanted Real to win the champions league as well.

I think the Fabinho transfer made an absolute show of all these ITK twitter accounts and journalists though. Even the journalists that might have links within the club are now either not being told things or are under orders to say absolutely nothing. I think Castle’s being the one to break the Buvac story adds a little weight to the latter argument.

It’s funny how these bellends were tweeting stuff like “the club expects to make another signing within the next week.” Strange how you know that but didn’t have a clue about Fabinho. It’s almost like you’re completely making the whole thing up for attention and followers.

There was a thread of Twitter yesterday where an apparent “ITK” revealed his identity and revealed the way it works, he basically said that he got completely lucky with Rodgers being sacked by putting 2 + 2 together with the derby and an international break straight after and from there would try to get further information of the one or two real ITKs (can’t remember their names) but they blanked him, so all the other fake ITKs like him would pretty much make up a story and one of the others would believe it and validate it by suggesting they’ve heard it and it’s a vicious cycle of made up bullshit that others would want to make out they’ve also heard the same rumour then run with it.

Fabinho transfer pretty much ruined all their reputations as far as getting real info from sources at the club, not one of them bellends had an ounce of an idea. Saying that I’ve seen a few that have suggested that they knew something but didn’t want to scupper the deal!

I never got the point of announcing yourself as ITK. I'd just find it exhausting.

Like if I were a bread ITK and I was banging on about Hovis announcing a new loaf with some supergrain and having cunts tweet me about Kingsmill denying it all. I'd probably just agree and say I made it up because Hovis is a wool brand.

Anyway, beyond the bread debate, what am I getting out of that? There be no bread, no invitation to the bread factory or even give a role in one of the shite adverts. Just some cunt called HovisFan66 tweeting at me and calling me a lying bellend.

Seriously just stressed out with it all and I not even a bread ITK.

Stop tweeting me you cunts.

Ousmane Dembele could be on his way to Liverpool from Barcelona, if a report in Don Balon is anything to go by.

The Spanish newspaper - which is sometimes known as being hit and miss - states the Reds have had a bid accepted by the Spanish champions

The pinchiest of pinches of salt

Ousmane Dembele could be on his way to Liverpool from Barcelona, if a report in Don Balon is anything to go by.

The Spanish newspaper - which is sometimes known as being hit and miss - states the Reds have had a bid accepted by the Spanish champions

The pinchiest of pinches of salt

Don Balon is El Rojo’s mate. He is a good lad.

• Upvote 1