You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

There was a thread of Twitter yesterday where an apparent “ITK” revealed his identity and revealed the way it works, he basically said that he got completely lucky with Rodgers being sacked by putting 2 + 2 together with the derby and an international break straight after and from there would try to get further information of the one or two real ITKs (can’t remember their names) but they blanked him, so all the other fake ITKs like him would pretty much make up a story and one of the others would believe it and validate it by suggesting they’ve heard it and it’s a vicious cycle of made up bullshit that others would want to make out they’ve also heard the same rumour then run with it.

Fabinho transfer pretty much ruined all their reputations as far as getting real info from sources at the club, not one of them bellends had an ounce of an idea. Saying that I’ve seen a few that have suggested that they knew something but didn’t want to scupper the deal!

Fucking comical isn’t it. Attention seeking vultures.

Sussed it out

Goalkeeper merry-go-round 2018

Courtois leaves Chelsea for Real Madrid

Keylar Navas leaves Madrid for Roma

Alisson leaves Roma for Chelsea

Kepa leaves Bilbao for Atletico

Oblak joins Liverpool

Mingolet/Karius or Bogdan join Bilbao

Looked feasible until your last line. Bilbao only signs Basque players.

Just Googled Borini and somehow he is at Milan. Serie A really can't be all that. I await Justin Kluivert tearing the league apart if he is off to Roma.

Somehow and probably connected, Milan are utter shit too and miles behind the top clubs in Italy.

I know this won't be a popular opinion but I'd rather buy Dembele than Oblak, even if it means playing another season with Karius.

A front four of Mane/Firmino/Salah/Dembele would be the best attack in Europe. Better than City, better than Bayern, better than Madrid, better than Barca. I'm not saying we don't need a goalkeeper upgrade, I'm just saying Dembele is about to be one of the best players on the world and we shouldn't turn down a chance to see him and Salah in the same team.

I know this won't be a popular opinion but I'd rather buy Dembele than Oblak, even if it means playing another season with Karius.

A front four of Mane/Firmino/Salah/Dembele would be the best attack in Europe. Better than City, better than Bayern, better than Madrid, better than Barca. I'm not saying we don't need a goalkeeper upgrade, I'm just saying Dembele is about to be one of the best players on the world and we shouldn't turn down a chance to see him and Salah in the same team.

If Dembele is so good how come Barca is willing to let go after only 1 season? Young with many exciting years ahead, something must be wrong?

Genuine question, I have no idea how he did after returning from injury. 

Sussed it out

Goalkeeper merry-go-round 2018

Courtois leaves Chelsea for Real Madrid

Keylar Navas leaves Madrid for Roma

Alisson leaves Roma for Chelsea

Kepa leaves Bilbao for Atletico

Oblak joins Liverpool

Mingolet/Karius or Bogdan join Bilbao

Are you familiar with ETA?

If Dembele is so good how come Barca is willing to let go after only 1 season? Young with many exciting years ahead, something must be wrong?

Because both they and Madrid are struggling to keep up with the spending power of the PL after years of filling their squads with huge signings on massive wages. They need to continue their redevelopment of the squad by raising funds to do so while making sure they remain at the top domestically and competitive in Europe.

If they were thinking truly strategically they’d sell Suarez and stick with Dembele. However, they won’t risk a possible short term dip in goals and so the young lad who’s been injured is surplus to requirements.

Mad, but hopefully true because he’d be sensational here. This loan to buy story is just too good to be true though. Can’t see that. They’ll want the money immediately.

• Upvote 1

He really is that good. He'd be frightening in this team.

Looks like Barca are bringing in Griezman, so maybe they have no choice but to sell due to FFP.

Atletico won a European title because of Oblak.

We lost one because of Karius.

We should pay the release clause and get Oblak. We would be close to having no weaknesses with someone like him in goal.

• Upvote 4

We're getting both of them. Football.London says so:

Liverpool shock favourites to sign Jan Oblak and Ousmane Dembele despite Arsenal links

BY CHARLES WATTS

05:30, 1 JUN 2018

PREMIER LEAGUE TRANSFER ROUND-UP

Jan Oblak’s future is going to be one of the big talking points of the summer - with English clubs said to be leading the chase for the Atletico Madrid keeper.

In recent seasons Oblak has proved himself to be one of the best keepers in Europe, something Arsenal found out to their cost in last season’s Europa League semi-final.

But there are increasing reports that the Slovenia international could be on his way out of Madrid this summer after four years in the Spanish capital.

Oblak is known to have a €100 million release clause and has so far refused to enter into talks about a new deal.

Reports in Spain suggest that Madrid are so concerned about losing their keeper, that they have already set their sights on bringing in Kepa from Athletic Bilbao as a replacement.

And Arsenal and Liverpool are the clubs tipped to battle it out for Oblak, should he decide to move on.

It’s the Reds who are the favourites with Sky Bet, with Jurgen Klopp’s 5/1 to land the stopper, just ahead of Arsenal, who are rated at 8/1. French giants PSG are next in line at 10/1.

Meanwhile, Liverpool and Arsenal both also dominate the betting when it comes to Ousmane Dembele’s next club.

The France attacker is currently at Barcelona but there have been whispers that he could be allowed to leave, possibly on loan, should Antoine Griezmann move to the Camp Nou.

Arsenal’s head or recruitment Sven Mislintat, who signed Demerol for Borussia Dortmund, is said to be in constant contact with the forward - but surprisingly it’s Liverpool who are again his most likely destination.

Sky Bet list the 21-year-old as 9/4 to move to Anfield, with a possible switch to the Emirates priced at 8/1.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-liverpool-oblak-dembele-14729085

(still find it weird how Google suggests pages based on what I've been reading here)

We have, already, massively improved the starting 11 by bringing in Keita and Fabinho into the side, assuming they settle, etc, etc. To bring in the likes of Fekir, Oblak, and even Dembele would so dramatically improve us, yet again, that if that craziness happens I'm not sure I'm going to be able to keep hold of my shit. I don't think it's likely we would bring all of them in, but if we did then holy fuck it'd be something special.

• Upvote 2

We have, already, massively improved the starting 11 by bringing in Keita and Fabinho into the side, assuming they settle, etc, etc. To bring in the likes of Fekir, Oblak, and even Dembele would so dramatically improve us, yet again, that if that craziness happens I'm not sure I'm going to be able to keep hold of my shit. I don't think it's likely we would bring all of them in, but if we did then holy fuck it'd be something special.

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility. It's even possible that Klopp has deliberately held back from signing players as the calibre of player he really wanted wouldn't consider the club as they were concerned about lack of CL, world exposure etc. Now those barriers have been removed it's not only possible that this calibre of player will make this move, it's even possible there will be players who would do anything for the move but Klopp would be like "we wanted you then, you said no. Why would we want you now?"

If they're top of the range players then they get signed, that's what I'm hoping for anyway.

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility. It's even possible that Klopp has deliberately held back from signing players as the calibre of player he really wanted wouldn't consider the club as they were concerned about lack of CL, world exposure etc. Now those barriers have been removed it's not only possible that this calibre of player will make this move, it's even possible there will be players who would do anything for the move but Klopp would be like "we wanted you then, you said no. Why would we want you now?"

If they're top of the range players then they get signed, that's what I'm hoping for anyway.

Don't you fucking dare! Don't you fucking dare give me hope, you bastard.

• Upvote 1

It be like we'd all stepped into an episode of Fringe.

• Upvote 1

Atletico won a European title because of Oblak.

We lost one because of Karius.

We should pay the release clause and get Oblak. We would be close to having no weaknesses with someone like him in goal.

Wouldn't matter who was goal. We lost that game when Salah went off.