You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

18 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Bitcoin to crash again?  I know little about it but it's now overpriced according to JP Morgan crypto analyst. Seems the previous crash has given big backers (Whales) itchy feet. Compared to Gold it seems Cyba Gold is to much of a risk. 

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-price-crash-isn-t-over-says-jpmorgan-strategist

When 25% of all the US dollars in existence have been printed this year, how do they think the value of BTC has decreased? How can you even project a value onto something with no utility apart from that of a store of wealth?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Spy Bee said:

When 25% of all the US dollars in existence have been printed this year, how do they think the value of BTC has decreased? How can you even project a value onto something with no utility apart from that of a store of wealth?

I don't know, not a clue. I'm guessing big investors (Whales) may turn to safer investments whilst the froth of smaller get rich punters are having second thoughts which added together equals an over inflated price?  

Like I say it's all double Dutch to me but didn't the crypto analyst from JP Morgan value bitcoin at between 26 -30 dollars?  

Another aside to the value of Crypto is the prospect of rising inflation due to the money pumped into Western economy's.

Not sure which way inflation would affect Crypto prices but I'd guess high inflation would be a positive as people would look for other ways to invest capital. I could well be totally wrong though, it's a hard currency to predict.

26 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

How many of you have gotten rich so far? 

I’m up £280 at the minute. Living the dream. 

There was a poster the other week (Red74?) that had about £20k in the Doge. 

I’m ready to pounce with some savings but it’s basically a lottery. Need to buy a time machine and bring back the Crypto almanac. 

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m up £280 at the minute. Living the dream. 

There was a poster the other week (Red74?) that had about £20k in the Doge. 

I’m ready to pounce with some savings but it’s basically a lottery. Need to buy a time machine and bring back the Crypto almanac. 

Wealth is temporary. Poverty is permanent 

8 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Bitcoin to crash again?  I know little about it but it's now overpriced according to JP Morgan crypto analyst. Seems the previous crash has given big backers (Whales) itchy feet. Compared to Gold it seems Cyba Gold is to much of a risk. 

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-price-crash-isn-t-over-says-jpmorgan-strategist

He’s probably not wrong, given the general consensus.

Not the end of the play, just the latest Act. If crypto is to succeed, ultimately it needs to fail as a speculative instrument anyway. Just enjoy the ride and hopefully some lucky small time traders strike it big in the short term - and by short term I mean 3-5 yrs.

The mess of hyper inflated national currencies (which means they have little or no value if we consider the time line back to central bank inception) has to be resolved, but can’t be because the world’s reserve currency is not pegged to anything since the end of Bretton Woods.

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Fees for the trade.

I think if you’re just switching coins the fees are barely noticeable.

I fell into that trap at first. I was selling all of my coins, paying an unfair fee, then using the cash to buy different coins, again with an unfair fee. 

If you just switch ETH to Lumens or BTC on the app then the fees are pennies. 

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Fees for the trade.

I used to send ETH from the CEX exchange to my wallet, but just stopped doing it when I found out CEX wallets are cold storage. They’ve never been hacked in their history, and yes, I know it’s a risk, but moving small amounts of crypto around is a killer. ETH 2 is supposed to end that robbery.

That’s why I like Wirex because their fees are the lowest. If I put NZ$$ into my wallet (automatically loading the Visa card) its free. If I trade within app, fiat to crypto is mostly free, crypto to crypto is usually a fraction of 1%. I use the card to pay for groceries and bills.