You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

51 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Which part?

If you have 100 bucks in either it is the same play right?

Not really. Say £50 buys you one whole ETC and then the price doubles, which is highly likely because it’s almost bottomed out, then you’re up 100%. 

You drop £50 on ETH at the price it’s trading at you’re getting a fraction of a coin and that £50 isn’t going to double any time soon because if the price goes up it’s gonna take much longer to double up. 

I’m probably way off and that may be why I’m not rich.

32 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Not really. Say £50 buys you one whole ETC and then the price doubles, which is highly likely because it’s almost bottomed out, then you’re up 100%. 

You drop £50 on ETH at the price it’s trading at you’re getting a fraction of a coin and that £50 isn’t going to double any time soon because if the price goes up it’s gonna take much longer to double up. 

I’m probably way off and that may be why I’m not rich.

If you take a teaspoon and double it - you have two teaspoons.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

If you take a teaspoon and double it - you have two teaspoons.

I’ve got loads of teaspoons. 

Stands to reason that you’re gonna make money much more quickly with the smaller coins growing faster. The ETH might never double again. The one you’re holding almost certainly will. 

Stick a fork in this conversation. I’m done. Fuck it. Stick another fork in it and you’re done as well. 

7 hours ago, Gnasher said:

But would millions buy into something that's dropped from approx £30,000 to being just above worthless? The odd speculator might but wouldn't the public steer clear?

Buying pushes the price up. Rock bottom prices fuel growth. In fact we could argue that a sell off is nothing more than a buy back in at a discount price, thus increasing holdings while extracting some profit.

7 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Was on the phone with a mate last night who’s based in Sydney. He’s a precious metal and crypto trader by day, musician by night.

His charting has a crash to come later this year, falling as low as US16,0000-18,000 until the very public ‘power consumption/environment’ debate gets sorted, but then the bull run will be back, and yes, 100,000 or higher looking 2-3 years ahead. He’s charted on the historical patterns, but also factors in the hyper inflationary aspect of the fiat system, including the too low central bank rates for investment purposes. He’s picking - wait for it - US300,000 within a decade.

The fact is that Bitcoin is already 75% renewable, so that particular debate can’t be won by the haters, and the boom bust cycles of fiat are accelerating, inevitably.

Good piece that was (above) thanks. Here’s it’s companion:

https://moneyweek.com/investments/alternative-finance/bitcoin/602678/bitcoin-energy-consumption

16 hours ago, Red Shift said:

Was on the phone with a mate last night who’s based in Sydney. He’s a precious metal and crypto trader by day, musician by night.

His charting has a crash to come later this year, falling as low as US16,0000-18,000 until the very public ‘power consumption/environment’ debate gets sorted, but then the bull run will be back, and yes, 100,000 or higher looking 2-3 years ahead. He’s charted on the historical patterns, but also factors in the hyper inflationary aspect of the fiat system, including the too low central bank rates for investment purposes. He’s picking - wait for it - US300,000 within a decade.

The fact is that Bitcoin is already 75% renewable, so that particular debate can’t be won by the haters, and the boom bust cycles of fiat are accelerating, inevitably.

Good piece that was (above) thanks. Here’s it’s companion:

https://moneyweek.com/investments/alternative-finance/bitcoin/602678/bitcoin-energy-consumption

The article seemed to say Bitcoin was probably worth next to fuck all?  Here's another one

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/buying-into-the-bitcoin-fantasy-will-cost-us-dear-gh6d5g0jm

8 hours ago, Gnasher said:

The article seemed to say Bitcoin was probably worth next to fuck all?  Here's another one

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/buying-into-the-bitcoin-fantasy-will-cost-us-dear-gh6d5g0jm

Like everything else in the market place, Bitcoin is worth what people are willing to pay for it. 

3 minutes ago, Aventus said:

If I was to try and buy into this dip what's looking like a good one to get into? 

Logically right now they’re all likely to bounce back a little bit. I wouldn’t be gambling my money on it though, just in case. 

The big ones like Bitcoin itself will definitely start rising again. Depends how much you’re prepared to possibly lose though. 

23 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Bitcoin down 31% in a month and the environmental concern is gaining traction every day. I think its going to be seen as a tainted product soon which will limit demand. I'd stay clear. 

Yeah I think they been trying to prop.it up after the crash. I think its fucked.