You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I see he's gone off injured today, so I guess that blows any hope of selling him and as he seems the poster boy for a lad who needs a good pre-season, it could well mean we see very little of him as he winds down his contract and sits out for his bosman. 

Send him the glue factory. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

I know it's abit of a running joke but I feel sorry for him. Thought he played well today, looked really sharp and played some really good progressive passes.

To constantly have to get fit to only break down immediately must be a head fuck for him. 

Getting paid 120k per week and goes home to fuck a pop star. Yeah, head fuck. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mil-ing Around said:

I know it's abit of a running joke but I feel sorry for him. Thought he played well today, looked really sharp and played some really good progressive passes.

To constantly have to get fit to only break down immediately must be a head fuck for him. 

I agree. It’s not he went out there to purposely get injured.

He comes across as an honest & likeable fella, I’m he’s more annoyed / frustrated than anybody he’s injured again.

Totalling up his transfer fee or wages achieves nothing. As we well know, from 1990 to Klopp, not every transfer is a works out. Unfortunately, injuries have ruined his career. One of those things. Luckily we’re significantly more “hit” with our transfers these days.

Having Ox as one of our main problems shows what good shape we are in. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

For those lambasting him for being injured again - do you hold the manager or club in any way responsible for him still being here? 

We don’t know all the in’s and outs of stuff.

No doubt we’ll be told “he was injury prone before we signed him” which ignores the completely unrelated injuries he’s has with us. Apart from the Roma injury and the one he got in preseason in 20/21, his injury record has been Ok for us, no real occurrence of hamstring after hamstring after hamstring he has at Arsenal.

The story at the start of the summer was “We’ll accept £10m but if he wants to stay, he can do”. I doubt that’s changed. Buying a squad player as good as Ox will likely cost more than £10m and if Elliott & Carvalho don’t step up the way we hope, we have him to fall back on.

Must be a head fuck for the other midfielders knowing they have to play through all sorts of small injuries because ox and keita to a lesser extend can never be relied upon. Its the clubs fault tho for persisting with them. Lets hope this is the last year we see them at the club and our other player have to keep doing the heavy lifting for them.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

For those lambasting him for being injured again - do you hold the manager or club in any way responsible for him still being here? 

It was a daft signing for £35m and a lot of people on here pointed it out at the time.

Can't get them all right though & the vast majority under Klopp have been.

• Upvote 1