You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2017/18 edition.

Trumo

Can’t see what’s wrong with Duffy’ tweets. I’m not homophobic but I can’t stand that Rylan fella either, the fact that he’s gay has fuck all to do with it. He’s a cunt. I’d feel the same way if he was straight.

It’s a different time from when I was a kid but we’d regularly call each other “gayboy” “faggot” etc and wasn’t doing it being intentionally homophobic. I have a cousin who’s a lesbian and she regularly still calls her brother “gayboy” when he does something something. I wouldn’t use that kind of language now because someone’s bound to get offended by it and it’s not worth the hassle but I don’t think Duffys tweets are that bad, the only one which is remotely offensive is calling Rylan “man or whatever he is”.

b10a125ac7c64126ff85ec0151403755.jpg

Any truth in this El Rojo? Could you verify with your mate Don Balon?

That would be a disaster for us, Tottenham and Arsenal because Sarri is unbelievable, if they give him the funds to sign players then I can see arsenal being left behind by a distance and Tottenham being overtaken by Chelsea again if they don’t invest properly.

The only saving grace we have at the moment is we’re looking like we’ve clicked and are signing a few potential superstars plus we’ve got the best or second best manager in the league depending on your preference. Utd will drag it out again next year and probably finish second despite being shit, so it puts a bit more pressure on top 4. Maybe Jorginho will go to Chelsea now instead of Man City.

That went well then. A few on here were saying Newcastle would have more to spend than us if this went through. Have to say I do not think they would have anywhere like even if it had.

Glamourpuss financier Amanda Staveley’s proposed takeover of Newcastle United FC is officially dead in the water, according to sources. 

While Bambi-eyed Amanda, 45, will be disappointed not to have pulled off the £400million deal, I’m told she won’t miss dealing with the club’s owner, pot-bellied tracksuit tycoon Mike Ashley, 53, whose negotiating style could be far from orthodox. 

Particularly after he had enjoyed a good lunch.

Sarri is a very good coach with an amazing style of attacking football. Hope he doesn't go to Chelsea, but it seems likely. He's someone that will win titles in the future. 

This is true, but the good thing is that he's gone to Chelsea and not one of our other competitors. 

Chelsea are pretty dysfunctional behind the scenes, and I don't think Sarri fixes that. He's a great coach, but between the money being shut off over the past few years and Abramovich's tendency to fire managers for one trophyless season I don't think he'll have time to build there the way he has at Napoli.

I would have been much more worried by Sarri at Arsenal, for example. They have their share of dysfunction as well, to be sure, but they seem to be getting a structure together for the long term and a long term manager in place with the quality of Sarri could have made them a force.

I'm not so sure the Chelsea money tap will stay fully open. Abramovich looks increasingly bored and his visa problem might make him think twice about investing more in a country which is starting to talk in hostile terms about Russia.

I'm not so sure the Chelsea money tap will stay fully open. Abramovich looks increasingly bored and his visa problem might make him think twice about investing more in a country which is starting to talk in hostile terms about Russia.

Hopefully we start talking in hostile terms about the Arabs too, then we're sorted.