You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2017

Captain Turdseye

If Beefy loses next weekend, I can reckon you'll start to see more and more bail Gallagher.

Agreed.

What's his run in been like the past few months? Crolla losing twice, Burton getting stopped, Liam Smith getting stopped, Marcus Morrison losing.

Quigg also lost v Frampton & has left him.

One thing that annoys me with Gallagher is how he tries too hard to act like he really studies everything. On that Million Dollar Crolla show, he done my head in with his stats thing on his iPad. It's good that he cares but it was irrelevant to what happened in the second fight.

See him with his notepad in the changing rooms when Crolla was warming up too?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Agreed.

What's his run in been like the past few months? Crolla losing twice, Burton getting stopped, Liam Smith getting stopped, Marcus Morrison losing.

Quigg also lost v Frampton & has left him.

One thing that annoys me with Gallagher is how he tries too hard to act like he really studies everything. On that Million Dollar Crolla show, he done my head in with his stats thing on his iPad. It's good that he cares but it was irrelevant to what happened in the second fight.

See him with his notepad in the changing rooms when Crolla was warming up too?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Crazy that I was saying the exact same thing, he acts like a student of the game and goes on about game plans when all his fighters fight the exact same way.  He had his iPad out studying the first fight – yet he sent Ant out to do the exact same thing that hadn’t worked for 12 rounds the previous fight. 

I only just watched the fight back yesterday and the end of the 11th was embarrassing.  That was all about Joe Gallagher that, it had nothing to do with the “punishment” Ant was taking.  He flapped after all the abuse he took on twitter over letting Morrison get bludgeoned around the ring and thought he’d turn it into the Gallagher show.  I hate him.  Ant would never leave him though.

Even though Eddie and Joe said the Quigg split was amicable, Ant said it wasn’t really.

Did you go the Frampton-Cruz rematch?

Unfortunately no. Absolutely gutted I couldn't go. Wife was due 10 days before the fight so wasn't risking it.

Hopefully he fights in Vegas again in the near future.

Have you been to any bouts?

I watched the Gonzalez Rungvasai fight again.

I thought it while inititially watching it, but the rewatch confirmed that it is one of the best fights I've ever seen and it is the fight of the year.

I still had Rungvasai pulling it out, it was tight, so I understand why a lot of folks had Gonzalez winning. One of the things that struck me was just how fluid Chocolatito was, when he went to work. These 10 punch combo's that he rattled off, are absolutely picture perfect - I don't know that I've ever seen such fluid technique offensive fighting before. Double straight right hand, left, right to the body and upstairs with the uppercut; you read about it, but you seldom actually see it together so naturally. I think it leads folks just to give him the nod, but I thought our Thair friend was too big, too strong and inflicting the more damage.

I disliked scoring the rounds against Gonzalez, but I did feel that Rungvasai was shading these tight rounds. If they get it on, this year, it will be a Christmas present to fight fans.

I don't know who I thought won. Watching it I had Gonzalez shading it but I wasn't scoring rounds as I was immersed in it.

Gonna try watch it again during the week.

New baby mate, he takes up a lot of time haha.

Same thing happened with Owen a few years back, on this very thread, actually.

The cruiserweight division is stacked isn't it, I'd have Bellew to beat Huck and it's 50/50 with Breidis.  Like everybody has said though Usyk beats them all.

Yeah, top to bottom, I think it's the second best division in boxing, just behind super flyweight.

New baby mate, he takes up a lot of time haha.

Ah congrats mate, best of luck to all. Priorities change, especially exchanging the 3am fights for an 8am lie-in , 8AM!!

Same thing happened with Owen a few years back, on this very thread, actually

Ha the two lads have taken up all of my time and my telly. I still manage to see a few fights on the Sunday morning but most of them are when my two lads are fighting each other, the youngest lad is 2-1 on the trilogy.

Yeah, top to bottom, I think it's the second best division in boxing, just behind super flyweight.

I think competitively wise yeah, but it's full of shite.  The selling point is the top 10 all fight each other but that's only because there's no money in the division so they have to (which is great).  Other than Usyk they're all plodders who block punches with their face. 

With Dan on this

Its a bit like the heavyweights division especially domestically. Loads of good fights to be had and a fair few being made. Really competitive but B level compared to other weights. My favourites have been Feather to supermiddle weights.

I think you get that perfect size for power,speed and cardio all wrapped up together. Below that your lacking the power and above that they start to get a bit fat,out of shape and kumbering around

With Dan on this

Its a bit like the heavyweights division especially domestically. Loads of good fights to be had and a fair few being made. Really competitive but B level compared to other weights. My favourites have been Feather to supermiddle weights.

I think you get that perfect size for power,speed and cardio all wrapped up together. Below that your lacking the power and above that they start to get a bit fat,out of shape and kumbering around

The last line is why I've always wondered why the cruiserweight division has been largely ignored by the masses.  You get that "big guy" factor that casuals love, but with the chiselled (mostly) physiques that 90% of modern heavyweights don't have.

It's probably because neither the UK or USA have had any good cruiserweights for a while.  It's mostly dominated by Eastern Europeans.  I can't get behind a division that doesn't have a standout slick black fighter - only joking, I think.

I have always preferred the middleweight/super middleweight divisions but both are in a state now. IBF and Ring have De Gale top ranked at super which sums it up. Golovkin is well out in-front at middleweight which bores the division. 

The best fights to be had are at Welterweight I reckon. I am intrigued by Joshua/Klitschko though. I rate Joshua and reckon he will win but its the first time he has fought anyone above 'ok'. 

The last line is why I've always wondered why the cruiserweight division has been largely ignored by the masses.  You get that "big guy" factor that casuals love, but with the chiselled (mostly) physiques that 90% of modern heavyweights don't have.

It's probably because neither the UK or USA have had any good cruiserweights for a while.  It's mostly dominated by Eastern Europeans.  I can't get behind a division that doesn't have a standout slick black fighter - only joking, I think.

Even when there were good cruisers they were overlooked. I guess they are just too close the heavyweight for people to care

Super middleweight is a bit gash at the moment. I suppose there's some interesting fights to be made involving Callum Smith but compared to just a couple of years ago the division is pretty weak.

I saw the other day that Kessler has come out of retirement, how do people reckon he'll get on?

Kessler is done

Shouldn't be near the ring imo

Super middleweight is a bit gash at the moment. I suppose there's some interesting fights to be made involving Callum Smith but compared to just a couple of years ago the division is pretty weak.

I saw the other day that Kessler has come out of retirement, how do people reckon he'll get on?

I don't really rate Callum, he's probably the best Smith brother but he's a bit robotic and Gallagher's inability to change tactics at world level won't help.  Welterweight is the division at the minute.  Thurman Vs Brook/Spence winner, Garcia Vs Loser.  Porter Vs Berto will be fun.  Crawford to move up too.

Kessler's skint isn't he, when they come back because they're skint it never really ends well, I suppose him and Froch could get it on for a third time.  It'll sell with the casuals, I doubt it would do a stadium or anything but MEN/o2 and PPV would make them both a few million quid.

I don't really rate Callum, he's probably the best Smith brother but he's a bit robotic and Gallagher's inability to change tactics at world level won't help.  Welterweight is the division at the minute.  Thurman Vs Brook/Spence winner, Garcia Vs Loser.  Porter Vs Berto will be fun.  Crawford to move up too.

Kessler's skint isn't he, when they come back because they're skint it never really ends well, I suppose him and Froch could get it on for a third time.  It'll sell with the casuals, I doubt it would do a stadium or anything but MEN/o2 and PPV would make them both a few million quid.

Nothing about Kessler/Froch is appealing. If Froch was to fight again then i'd want to see him fight De Gale. 

Nothing about Kessler/Froch is appealing. If Froch was to fight again then i'd want to see him fight De Gale. 

Agreed but all the casual boxing fans who make the money will love it.  There's plenty of highlights from the first two to sell it and it's "1-1." 

I've no interest in seeing Froch or Kessler to be honest, Degale would probably of beat the Froch that KO'd Groves so he'd definitely beat him now.

Agreed but all the casual boxing fans who make the money will love it.  There's plenty of highlights from the first two to sell it and it's "1-1." 

I've no interest in seeing Froch or Kessler to be honest, Degale would probably of beat the Froch that KO'd Groves so he'd definitely beat him now.

The first Kessler/Froch fight was a terrible decision. 2nd was decisive towards Froch. 

Do you think he would have or would now? Froch being ring rusty is about as much as you can give De Gale if they did fight again. Froch would have beaten de Gale before he retired. He struggled against Groves because Groves was all wrong for him in terms of style yet he still had a stoppage then a brutal knockout win.