You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cairo

PestiRed

Although I haven't been to Cairo itself, I am a seasoned traveller.  I have been to Greece and Spain several times.  Go straight from the airport to the first taxi rank you can find.

Ask him to take you for a full English at a pub called The Queen Victoria or The British Bulldog.

Hopefully they'll have the Premier League on and John Smith's on tap.

• Upvote 1

Wait till Hades sees Lord Zonko moaning about the poor

haha.

There were genuine poor people there, and there were also "beggars". The "beggars" were an organised group who were also responsible for stealing from tourists. The tour guide told us who were legit and who were cunts. The cunts were extremely aggressive and were actually hunting in packs. It's the cunts I hated. But you get it everywhere across North Africa. It also happened to me in Tangiers - same organised assaults.

haha.

There were genuine poor people there, and there were also "beggars". The "beggars" were an organised group who were also responsible for stealing from tourists. The tour guide told us who were legit and who were cunts. The cunts were extremely aggressive and were actually hunting in packs. It's the cunts I hated. But you get it everywhere across North Africa. It also happened to me in Tangiers - same organised assaults.

Makes you come across as a colonial cunt.

• Upvote 1

I've been to Luxor which is close enough. It is as hot as hell and you'll get the shits.

We went to egypt on the cruise you used to be able to get from cyprus.

It was hot but it wasnt humid so it was bearable.

It was so fucking bright though cause the sun is nearly directly above you.

The pyramids sphynx and museam are great.

The people begging are annoying as fuck though.

If only there were famous, historical landmarks I could point you in the direction of...

...sorry, I got nothing.

This thread is as daft as the 'what is there to do in New York' thread.

This evening we are dining in a tent on the banks of the Nile - tips like that would have been quite good

• Upvote 1

Walked around the pyramids and Sphinx (much to the disgust of the guys selling camel rides) - they are big

Did the national museum. Anubis is just a poxy God of mummification and Ramses 2 is tiny, reckon I could have taken him. Tutankhamen's stuff is impressive, seriously insane to bury that much gold with anyone

Ended up at the souk, oil and spice bit is great, everything else is a bit meh

Now having a cold beer by the pool

One thing that pissed me off about the pyramids is you cant climb the fuckers.

You got a serious win not taking a camel the thr pyramid. Cunts wont let you off until you tip them. They have this racjet where you are told this by the tour guide and some fucking kud will run up to ypu and take the tip money. Then the old cunt on the donkey that has wslked with you will asj fir his tip but low and behold someone has taken his tip and he throws a tantrum on his donkey.

Last laugh was on him becauae i was 15 and was about to get off the camel until he seem sense.