You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election Thread 2016

Red Phoenix

Indiana. I live in a suburb about 10 miles to the north of Indianapolis.

Sitting here watching tv right now and I just saw some breaking news that might have a big implication for the Presidential race:

Florida, early voting has Clinton ahead 48% to 40%.

This is important because FL is a key swing state that Trump really needs to win to have a chance.

If Hillary loses Florida she still has other pathways open to the required amount of electoral college votes.

If Trump loses Florida the door all but shuts in his face.

So this is not a poll. It is actual numbers of early voters, with these numbers just coming out as I type.

Clinton has 48% of the early vote and Trump 40%. Now here's an important detail within those numbers:

28% of the early votes for Clinton so far are from registered REPUBLICANS. This is actual early evidence of a defection, over to Hillary, of disaffected Republicans who cannot bring themselves to vote for Trump. My thought is that presumably, since it's Florida, the coolness of Rubio and Bush towards Trump has really made an impact.

In addition to reliable indicators such as the Moody thing posted above, it is looking like Clinton is going to win by a wide margin.

Trump led by one percentage point in the ABC News/Washington Post tracking poll released on Tuesday.

First time the Republican nominee has led in that poll since May, and he was recently down by as much as 12 points.

13 point loss for Hilldawg. That is rather large.

It took a Trump supporter 2hrs to work out 'if 12-x=-1 what is x?' Good luck and God Bless America.

PS isn't strange how the numbers 12 and 13 keep popping up around Trump.

Indiana. I live in a suburb about 10 miles to the north of Indianapolis.

Sitting here watching tv right now and I just saw some breaking news that might have a big implication for the Presidential race:

Florida, early voting has Clinton ahead 48% to 40%.

This is important because FL is a key swing state that Trump really needs to win to have a chance.

If Hillary loses Florida she still has other pathways open to the required amount of electoral college votes.

If Trump loses Florida the door all but shuts in his face.

So this is not a poll. It is actual numbers of early voters, with these numbers just coming out as I type.

Clinton has 48% of the early vote and Trump 40%. Now here's an important detail within those numbers:

28% of the early votes for Clinton so far are from registered REPUBLICANS. This is actual early evidence of a defection, over to Hillary, of disaffected Republicans who cannot bring themselves to vote for Trump. My thought is that presumably, since it's Florida, the coolness of Rubio and Bush towards Trump has really made an impact.

In addition to reliable indicators such as the Moody thing posted above, it is looking like Clinton is going to win by a wide margin.

Not trying to be a buzzkill, but it's just a sample of 311 people : https://www.scribd.com/document/329698329/TargetSmart-William-Mary-Florida-Poll-of-Early-and-Likely-Voters

And from Nate Cohn of NYT :

Clinton's not winning 28% of registered Republican early voters in Florida. Just saying.

I think Bernie would have destroyed Trump and that the democrats should have listened to their members, and not forced Hillary on them like the DNC wikileaks emails showed. Bernie was way more popular and had way less baggage/dirt. It would have been in the bag by now IMO.

• Upvote 1

Despite all his comments to the contrary.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Yeah, even with those things he's said, I still don't reckon he's as into it as she is. 

Syria is the biggie for me. She wants to go balls out and he's more chilled about it, wants dialogue. 

I prefer that option. 

Also, "we came, we saw, he died" is straight gangsta. They're not the words of a peacenik. 

Yeah, even with those things he's said, I still don't reckon he's as into it as she is.

Syria is the biggie for me. She wants to go balls out and he's more chilled about it, wants dialogue.

I prefer that option.

Also, "we came, we saw, he died" is straight gangsta. They're not the words of a peacenik.

So you don't believe the person who constantly talks about bombing people into sunmission, killing not just 'terrorists' but the families of terrorists with no distinction between innocent and guilty, who would go further than waterboarding and thinks torture should be actively encouraged for the good of 'merica, but she's the war monger.

At a guess you're yet to reveal your real reason for supporting trump and this is a front.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Also for the record, I'm not supporting him, the question as I understand it, is who would you prefer out of the 2. It's not a choice one would like to make in a rational world. Like I said earlier, the one politician I've heard that really resonated with me was Ron Paul. 

I'll see how ot plays out because so far everything you've said is contradictory bullshit.

What part is contradictory ? 

I keep saying i think trump is less of a warlord. If you disagree no prob. If you want to try and class everything I've said as contradictory BS, it shows the paucity of your argument. You are still yet to make a point. 

She also believes in homeopathy, 9/11 conspiracies and that vaccinations are bad for you.

I'm not defending her but a man's views on gardening, do not mean his views on tennis are wrong. Just because she believes in homeopathy doesn't mean her other beliefs are incorrect. 

What part is contradictory ?

I keep saying i think trump is less of a warlord. If you disagree no prob. If you want to try and class everything I've said as contradictory BS, it shows the paucity of your argument. You are still yet to make a point.

I've made my point with multiple quotes and posts, we'll see how it plays out.