You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election Thread 2016

Red Phoenix

Yes, and have you tried checking the evidence? If what's out on Clinton is rhetoric but the evidence is good enough for Trump being a child rapist, then I'd love to know what that evidence is. Can you link me some?

I'd imagine that it would be illegal to link it if it's going to trial.

I'd imagine that it would be illegal to link it if it's going to trial.

Haha, OK. So there's no decent evidence around but it's fine to call him a child rapist? Great.

Talk about the fucking decline of the left. Clinton's done a real good job here, she should be proud.

Russia!

Yes, and have you tried checking the evidence? If what's out on Clinton is rhetoric but the evidence is good enough for Trump being a child rapist, then I'd love to know what that evidence is. Can you link me some?

So he's on trial for child rape, and your issue with the term potential child rapist is...?

Genuine question, what do you think the United States will be like under Trump? 

What would be the worst thing(s) about it? Would there be anything good at all about it? 

What would the World be like with Trump as president? 

How would it be different if Hillary was president? 

In terms of policy, probably not much different. In terms of a sense of feeling nationally, a more extreme version of what has happened here post Brexit. Xenophobia and racism will appear to be more acceptable to some. Although as there seems to be such deeply entrenched institutional racism in the US it would be hard to know how much worse it can get. Sadly, still quite a lot. Probably.

Worst thing would be that sense that xenophobia and racism has become more acceptable, and mixed with the country's love of shooting each other, that's a fairly scary prospect.

No idea about good things because all correct criticisms that Trump has made he probably either doesn't care about or doesn't believe, and even if did wouldn't have the power to change anything anyway.

Fuck knows what the world would be like, and I think anyone claiming to know is talking absolute shite. He's a not particularly intelligent, incredibly ill-informed, narcissist. This is just one big ego trip for him, and I doubt he even believed it would get this far. Again, I really don't think he'd be allowed to do any of the mad things that pop into his head. Especially not on the world stage. People behind the scenes would continue to dictate policy.

Hillary wouldn't change too much from what is current US policy, possibly bombing a few more countries. Essentially though she would use the four years to continue to make herself richer via the Clinton Foundation.

The US needs a revolution/civil war. It needs enormous structural change. Everything is pure, 100 carrot, shithouse dog aids.

• Upvote 2

In terms of policy, probably not much different. In terms of a sense of feeling nationally, a more extreme version of what has happened here post Brexit. Xenophobia and racism will appear to be more acceptable to some. Although as there seems to be such deeply entrenched institutional racism in the US it would be hard to know how much worse it can get. Sadly, still quite a lot. Probably.

Worst thing would be that sense that xenophobia and racism has become more acceptable, and mixed with the country's love of shooting each other, that's a fairly scary prospect.

No idea about good things because all correct criticisms that Trump has made he probably either doesn't care about or doesn't believe, and even if did wouldn't have the power to change anything anyway.

Fuck knows what the world would be like, and I think anyone claiming to know is talking absolute shite. He's a not particularly intelligent, incredibly ill-informed, narcissist. This is just one big ego trip for him, and I doubt he even believed it would get this far. Again, I really don't think he'd be allowed to do any of the mad things that pop into his head. Especially not on the world stage. People behind the scenes would continue to dictate policy.

Hillary wouldn't change too much from what is current US policy, possibly bombing a few more countries. Essentially though she would use the four years to continue to make herself richer via the Clinton Foundation.

The US needs a revolution/civil war. It needs enormous structural change. Everything is pure, 100 carrot, shithouse dog aids.

If he's elected on a mandate of banning muslims and building walls you don't think his rabid supporters are going to want him to ban muslims and build walls? There'll be some level of placating taking place, it will include things like fucking abortion off, fucking Mexicans off, appointing a conservative Supreme Court, doing nothing about gun control etc.

He's gonna be amazing for blacks and Latinos, though. In their ghettos.

So he's on trial for child rape, and your issue with the term potential child rapist is...?

Yeah sorry, you did say potential, others haven't though. You also avoided any potentials for Clinton though and just said "emails." Maybe just say "court case" for Trump then? Because there's a whole load of shit in those emails at this point that's at least potential.

If he's elected on a mandate of banning muslims and building walls you don't think his rabid supporters are going to want him to ban muslims and build walls? There'll be some level of placating taking place, it will include things like fucking abortion off, fucking Mexicans off, appointing a conservative Supreme Court, doing nothing about gun control etc.

He's gonna be amazing for blacks and Latinos, though. In their ghettos.

It's irrelevant what his rabid supporters want.

Things would continue to be utterly fucking appalling for Blacks and Latinos, agreed.

It's irrelevant what his rabid supporters want.

Things would continue to be utterly fucking appalling for Blacks and Latinos, agreed.

It's not irrelevant if they're all armed to the fucking teeth and are angry, having been whipped into an absolute frenzy by this orange demagogue.

Yeah he may want to fuck his daughter, but has he ever sent an email?

What type of email? A normal one, or one that'd require TS/SCI clearance to read, and that's stored on a private, unsecured server? Ah sorry, you were ignoring that stuff! Forgot. Maybe the FBI will have more for you on that shortly too.

Do you think they're going to shoot people in the senate and congress and then scribble down new laws in crayon?

I doubt it, as that would involve literacy skills. Just the shooting, though? Sure, why the fuck not.

A bunch of angry, immigrant hating, armed rednecks might want to see some change out of their commitment to fascism. I'm just postulating. As are we all.

Maybe the FBI will have more for you on that shortly too.

And maybe I'll believe it when I see it.

I read most of that link you posted, 'most damaging wikileaks'

There's not a lot that links anything tangible back to Hillary.

We're all in agreement that she, her campaign, the dnc, the doj etc. are all nefarious cunts, but I'm yet to see anything that actually nails her.

Genuine question, what do you think the United States will be like under Trump? 

What would be the worst thing(s) about it? Would there be anything good at all about it? 

What would the World be like with Trump as president? 

How would it be different if Hillary was president?

At one of his rallies he called for a person shouting anti-trump slogans to be beaten up and leave on a stretcher. That's one person, a US citizen, the land of free speech, who disagreed with him. How do you think he'd react to genuine aggression?

We're all in agreement that she, her campaign, the dnc, the doj etc. are all nefarious cunts, but I'm yet to see anything that actually nails her.

The bit of my post you left out already did nail her. She had classified emails unsecured. She then committed perjury according to some accounts by lying in response to questions related to that. For some reason Comey let her off with it, maybe this time she won't be so lucky.

And that's without even going into the Clinton Foundation.

Clinton's rhetoric is dangerous, but observers say her time in government has shown that she is quite slow at taking decisions, and tends to seek a lot of counsel before doing something. I think that would curb her actions.

Trump, on the other hand, is a petulant, thin-skinned narcissist, who reacts badly when he doesn't get his own way. He has little regard for how his words and behaviour impact on others. I think that's quite dangerous