You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

How many times? It’s not the crime it’s the cover up.  

Remember how you felt when Trump said waving his arms around wasn’t taking the piss out of the disabled journalist, or said he ‘mis-spoke’ and meant to say the couldn’t see why the Russians wouldn’t use poison?  

You are are willing to forgive him anything and believe everything he says.  You wouldn’t give any other person on Earth the same treatment. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

How many times? It’s not the crime it’s the cover up.  

Remember how you felt when Trump said waving his arms around wasn’t taking the piss out of the disabled journalist, or said he ‘mis-spoke’ and meant to say the couldn’t see why the Russians wouldn’t use poison?  

You are are willing to forgive him anything and believe everything he says.  You wouldn’t give any other person on Earth the same treatment. 

Completely wrong, as per Rico.

See Babb’s posts on the perjorative use of “stupid woman” if he actually said that.

I do think Corbyn could “own” it and use it to explain why he was calling the Tories “stupid people” though. 

2 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

See Babb’s posts on the perjorative use of “stupid woman” if he actually said that.

I do think Corbyn could “own” it and use it to explain why he was calling the Tories “stupid people” though. 

Of course, my mistake.  

• Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Do you mean this post in the EU thread?

It's fine to describe someone as female, black, Jewish, gay etc. However, when you include such terms in an insult then they become part of it, rather than a mere factually descriptive aside that can be innocently waved away.

you think that that helps your case?  
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

Do you mean this post in the EU thread?

It's fine to describe someone as female, black, Jewish, gay etc. However, when you include such terms in an insult then they become part of it, rather than a mere factually descriptive aside that can be innocently waved away.

you think that that helps your case?  

My case is that Trump taking the piss out of the disabled reporter was the issue because it demonstrates (yet again) what a massive wanker he is. 

My case is that Corbyn calling May a “stupid woman” is pretty bad, if that is what he actually said.

Why do you think Babb’s posts harm my case?

1 minute ago, rico1304 said:

The fact that Trump offered a lame excuse which was then lapped up by his supporters is my point.  

I dont think JC is sexist, but he said a sexist thing.  He can do or say anything and his supporters will unquestionably accept it.  That’s really dangerous. 

Did he? Has that been confirmed somewhere that I didn't see? Or is it just your opinion that you've dressed up as fact? My opinion is that I can't tell what he said.

I don't give a fuck if he called a stupid woman or not. He could and should call her a whole lot worse. The whole thing is a complete deflection from the , you know, actually really fucking important stuff going on right now.

This whole did he didn’t he say reminds of that ridiculous dress video thing that went round a while back. 

Some say he said woman.

Some say he said people.

The funniest thing is a group of men arguing on an internet about what is and what isn’t misogynistic is quite laughable. I’d rather listen to a female member of society and her views on it. So I asked a few. I asked my wife, a female friend, my Mum and my step Mum. All 4 said even if he did say it, it’s the truth, she is a stupid woman. And it’s not offensive. 

13 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

The fact that Trump offered a lame excuse which was then lapped up by his supporters is my point.  

I dont think JC is sexist, but he said a sexist thing.  He can do or say anything and his supporters will unquestionably accept it.  That’s really dangerous. 

Again, completely disagree.

There has been a mixed reaction of Labour and Corbyn supporters either claiming:

a) he said “stupid people” or

b) saying he should have said worse, she’s a stupid cunt, or

c) saying that there’s nothing wrong with saying “stupid woman”, or

d) it was a stupid mistake and he shouldn’t have said it.

Is this still a thing? The Tories lie every day at the dispatch box and nothing is said, a stupid woman is called a stupid woman and people lose their shit. I'm sure it's high on the list of concerns for all those children and families made homeless by Tory policies over the last 8 years. People need to really get a grip.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jenson said:

Did he? Has that been confirmed somewhere that I didn't see? Or is it just your opinion that you've dressed up as fact? My opinion is that I can't tell what he said.

I don't give a fuck if he called a stupid woman or not. He could and should call her a whole lot worse. The whole thing is a complete deflection from the , you know, actually really fucking important stuff going on right now.

By the party Corbyn detractor, Rico, voted for? Never!

21 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Good to see rico defending Corbyn’s right to free speech here. 

Consistency, kids. 

Whoa there my poor Dutch thing. 

Where have i said he can’t say something?  In Parliament his free speech rights are extended.  I’ve said at least twice I don’t think he’s sexist. He can say what the fuck he wants unless it breaks the law which this of course doesn’t. But you know that, it was a poor (very poor) attempt to try and say I’m not consistent.  

Once again for the hard or thinking its the cover up I have an issue with and your blind willingness to swallow his lies without question.   

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1