You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

17 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Genuine question, how many times have the LDs brought up Russian Interference into Brexit as questions to the PM in parliament? 

I've no idea, but we're not claiming the vote is legitimate and must be obeyed in any case.

13 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

Who else but that cunt Moof would neg this? 

I can think of one or two. The one thing they all have in common is that none of them has ever had an original thought in their own heads. None of them is capable of engaging with the actual point. I think that's my second biggest issue with the far left, after their joyless po-faced puritanism - their anti-intellectualism.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

I've no idea, but we're not claiming the vote is legitimate and must be obeyed in any case.

No, but you are complaining that they haven’t raised the issue of Russia. Surely you’re similarly annoyed at any lack of objection from your own party. 

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

I can think of one or two. The one thing they all have in common is that none of them has ever had an original thought in their own heads.

Coming from someone that rarely strays from the party political line of the Lib Dems, to somebody who parrots right wing podcasts, that’s quite something. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, rico1304 said:

Bloody facts, didn’t someone say that earlier? 

I think someone also mentioned having to work within the political realities that exist, rather than some fantasy world in which 17.4m (or whatever it was) people cheerfully admit that they were gulled and they've now changed their mind.

45 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

I can think of one or two. The one thing they all have in common is that none of them has ever had an original thought in their own heads. None of them is capable of engaging with the actual point. I think that's my second biggest issue with the far left, after their joyless po-faced puritanism - their anti-intellectualism.

Says the man who parrots "Corbyn is an anti-Semite".

45 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

No, but you are complaining that they haven’t raised the issue of Russia. Surely you’re similarly annoyed at any lack of objection from your own party. 

As I say, I don't know what we have or haven't raised. But the fact we're demanding a second vote tells its own story.

44 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Coming from someone that rarely strays from the party political line of the Lib Dems, to somebody who parrots right wing podcasts, that’s quite something. 

Well, the Lib Dems are usually right, so it's hard to disagree much of the time. But I don't blindly toe the line, and I'm capable of coming up with my own objections to things.

3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Says the man who parrots "Corbyn is an anti-Semite".

My own position on that is far more subtle, as you ought to know if you've been paying attention.

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Any chance either of you great original thinkers could ever get around to answering what - in the real world  - the Labour leader could do to stop Brexit?

Coming out against it rather than for it would be a good start, wouldn't it. Nothing else is actually possible until that happens.

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

If only I’d been the one to give Dave the forum theme, allowing myself to see extra things. You know, like who clicks the view anyway button. That’d make certain people’s bizarre boasting about having others on ignore look really silly, wouldn’t it. 

What other things do you have the power to see?  Private messages? I know fuck all about the behind the scenes of a forum so I am a tad perturbed that you say you can perhaps do or see things that other members cant.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, polymerpunkah said:

You've misread what he wrote.

He's saying he wishes he had that power, not that he has that power.

Sort of like those who claim Corbyn could stop Brexit by simply wishing it so.

That's not how the real world, and the forum, work.

Read what he put, he was quite obviously saying he had the power to see who used the view anyway button as well as extra things. I dont think it unreasonable to ask what they are. He is not as far as I can tell a moderator

Russia. Schmussia. 

It's an unprovable hunch, but I reckon that a lot of leave voters were influenced more by Boris's bus and Farage's immigrant queue poster than anything coming out of the old CCCP. 

OR, a large chunk of them weren't  influenced by any of the above. But, rather voted based on their own fears, prejudices and sense of abandonment which were built up over a number of years by their peers and the constant chipping away by the likes of the Daily Mail etc. 

But, it's all Corbyn's fault though! 

He (and Labour) has been fairly poor on Brexit. But, it's easy to make bold calls and stances of opposition (which were widely rejected by the electorate in the latest general election) when you're a party who has a handful of parliamentary seats and absolutely no chance whatsoever of getting into power. 

Labour have lost my vote anyway (Louise Ellman is far too disingenuous for me) but Corbyn needs to come out for a 2nd referendum the minute May's deal gets voted down. Otherwise there's a chance they'll lose a lot more votes. They can't be seen to be giving even the slightest hint of a green light to a no deal Brexit. 

20 minutes ago, A Red said:

I am perfectly calm. I would like you to answer the question though, what extra functionality do you have?

He can activate your laptop camera remotely. How do you think those pictures of you dancing around the bedroom to Wham, dressed only in your Tigger y-fronts, found their way into social media.

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, A Red said:

What other things do you have the power to see?  Private messages? I know fuck all about the behind the scenes of a forum so I am a tad perturbed that you say you can perhaps do or see things that other members cant.

What’s this? NV has special powers? 

Oh dear.  Oh dear. 

4 minutes ago, Anubis said:

He can activate your laptop camera remotely. How do you think those pictures of you dancing around the bedroom to Wham, dressed only in your Tigger y-fronts, found their way into social media.

(When I was at the Gas and got a new laptop the first thing I did was ‘accidentally’ put a drawing pin through the webcam. Not because I thought BG would spy on me but because IT is made up

of people, and people are horrible cunts.  

Of of course I would)