You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Getting to Basel...

gingerhulk

If you look at the French language site, and let's say you leave from GVA airport 1 pm, and get back the following day leaving Basel 9 am, the trains are 40 CHF each way, 80 CHF altogether.

Thats 60 pounds per person.

Then, details would be needed, prices may go up.  I live in the Geneva region, won't go to Basel as my son has his final exams at the Uni in the UK, no fun without him.  Glad to help, if needed.

Hi mate, I'm doing the same as ginger hulk and wouldn't mind a bit of advice.

Seen these Swiss travel passes knocking about. Would they cover the train to and from Basel?

Would we need to book seats on the train do you reckon?

• Upvote 1

Does anybody on here know how many tickets are beng made available in tomorrow's ballot by any chance? I'm guessing its about 4k tops which probably gives an entrant a 1 in 4/5 chance.

Still absolutely fucking scandalous though not surprising that Uefa chose such a small venue for a final. Also can't believe that Hicks & Gillett continue to haunt us with their shit dealings.

Update on the LFC website. Approximately one in seven chance. So about 2,400 tickets then.

Liverpool Football Club would like to update supporters on the ticket selling process for the Europa League final against Sevilla in Basel on Wednesday May 18.

Tickets are currently on sale to season ticket holders, members and fan card holders who have recorded eight or more Europa League matches in 2015-16.

More than 17,000 fans have registered for the general sale ballot and have approximately a one-in-seven chance of being successful and having the opportunity to purchase a ticket on Wednesday.

Results of the ballot will be published on Liverpoolfc.com on Tuesday at 1pm BST.

LFC strongly advises supporters not to travel to Basel without a match ticket. The surrounding infrastructure in Basel is only set up for match attendees. Transport will be restricted and all local accommodation is sold out.

Full details of the selling process are available online by clicking here.

Hi mate, I'm doing the same as ginger hulk and wouldn't mind a bit of advice.

Seen these Swiss travel passes knocking about. Would they cover the train to and from Basel?

Would we need to book seats on the train do you reckon?

Just had an email back from the Geneva train station.

They recommend a swiss transfer ticket,, which works out at 100quid return.

13quid cheaper than what I looked at.

Give me a DM and il send you the email they've just sent me.

• Upvote 1

Just had an email back from the Geneva train station.

They recommend a swiss transfer ticket,, which works out at 100quid return.

13quid cheaper than what I looked at.

Give me a DM and il send you the email they've just sent me.

Yeah, you're correct.  First time I looked I neglected the part "prices start from".  Now I checked in detail, the regular price is around 113 pounds, 2nd class.  What they recommended makes sense.  Sorry about the confusion.

Had 7 europa games on card so was in ballot with i believe 17,000 others with 7

games for about 2,500 tickets......got nothing.

There are 6 of us who have cards linked on 'friends and family' one scored all the rest of us didn't.

I was the only one of five to be successful in the ballot.

I was gonna give my ticket to my son who has never been to a Euro final but I'm giving it to my wife's Grandad. He's 82 and has been to every European and domestic cup final since and including the 1950 FA Cup final.

We're all still going like, the flights are booked and I'm sure we'll still have a boss time.

Over to you now Redmen.

• Upvote 1

Got a spare place on the coach £169, leave Monday 10 am,

Get to Mulhouse Tuesday Morning to hotel then relax all day. Wednesday morning travel to Basel 25 mins. After match, coach back to Uk.

Lots of pick up places between Liverpool and Dover.

Interested,

Just PM me and I'll give you the company to contact about swapping name over.

“BT Sport will show the UEFA Champions League final and the UEFA Europa League final free-to-air.“Absolutely anyone can watch the two showpiece games on Freeview channel 59, onBT.com, on BTSport.com or via the BT Sport YouTube channel (youtube.com/btsportofficial).”

• Upvote 1