You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Getting to Basel...

gingerhulk

Ok, i know im jumping the gun a bit, but has anyone sorted out flights, trains, automobiles to basel yet?

Been looking a flights today and was wondering if any of you lovely guys have booked anything yet?

Seen flights on 16th May (return 19th) for 160 on easyjet.

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, i know im jumping the gun a bit, but has anyone sorted out flights, trains, automobiles to basel yet?

Been looking a flights today and was wondering if any of you lovely guys have booked anything yet?

Seen flights on 16th May (return 19th) for 160 on easyjet.

Did you buy these flights? Prob going for about 600/700 now, the robbing fucking bastards

• Upvote 1

Just had a quick look

If you dont mind going round the houses a bit you can fly gatwick to paris for about 40 each way and then pick up a train in paris. There is a direct train Paris to Basel for about £165 return combo ticket. You need to look at times properly but could be a third of the price,even cheaper from Luton.

http://www.goeuro.co.uk/travel-search/journey/train/387/297724618/1?locale=en

Other option

Fly London to Stuttgart tuesday evening. Drive to Basel Tuesday night/weds morning 2.5-3hrs. Drive back thursday for flights back to lindon

About £150 flights

Car Rental 40-50 depending on car

Didnt look at Zurich as i expected thst to be expensive

Im not going just thought id look at cheaper options. Stuggart not far away. just over a hour from Zurich to Basel and 2.5 Stuttgart to Basel

Seen flights for 206quid. 

Flight from Liverpool to Geneva on the 18th (train from Geneva to basel, gets you in at 2pm-ish) and flight back on the 19th at 12.35.

Dont think many better deals at the moment. 

Oh, i'll do another thread next season, ''Getting to Cardiff''. 

• Upvote 1

Flying direct to Basel from Liverpool with Ryanair for £280. A bit of a steep one, but I think we're paying through the nose anyway for this one so it's a case of biting the bullet.

Staying in Mulhouse. It's Operation: Spend as little time in Switzerland as possible, for us. Don't really fancy paying a tenner for a pint regularly.

Fucking ridiculous place to have the final. A mate is already going and not drinking because he's driving out of Switzerland to Stuttgart straight after the game.

Him and his mates went to Sion in December and said it was a nightmare. I've only ever been to Lucerne in Switzerland, pleasant enough but the cost of living was ridiculous. Next seasons final is in Stockholm but at least they have a 50k stadium.

The super cup is being played in Oslo this year in a stadium with 20,000 capacity.

Just entered the ticket ballot.

The email said it was all being done online.  However, I know season ticket owners who don't have computers.

My dad's mates are about 70, been going for about 50 years, and have been season ticket owners since they were introduced.

One of them was at the doctors who was explaining to him details of some condition.  He casually said to him, "Just google it, Mr Cunningham."  To which my dad's mate replied, "What's a google?"

It is outrageous that they are not allowed to be entered in the ticket draw.

They've been all over Europe watching Liverpool.  But they haven't got computers, so they're out.

What next, if you haven't got a mobile phone you can't support Liverpool?