You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How much alcohol can you consume before getting pissed?

Elite

Truthfully....

Inspired by the instant cunt identifiers thread about lying cunts.

In a standard session on the lager, I would say I am well on my way after 5 pints and on my way home talking shit in a taxi after 7, or being sick if it's stronger lager.

My dad can drink all day and not be affected a great deal but he's been drinking daily for decades, due to the old school culture of going to work and then sinking a few pints afterwards which isn't very prominant nowadays.

Saturday just gone in all honesty I had

1230-1400 X 2 pints of cider

1500-1700 X 1 bottle of red

1800-0300 x9 pints cider, x3 tequila slammers, X 3 sambucas, X 6 double gin and tonics.

I was fucking smashed but I didn't have a hang over at all.

However tonight I've sat at home and had X 4 large gin and tonics and can feel I've had a drink (pints of G&T)

• Downvote 2

My tolerance has definitely got lower as I've got older but it depends on where I am and what I'm doing. For example. If I'm away on a day out say at a sporting event etc, I seem to be able to drink much more before I'm pissed. It's very rare for me to drink in the house and as a rule I never drink before 5pm. For some reason If I drink in the afternoon, I get drunk/pissed more easily. On a average night in my local, six pints of Guinness and I've had enough. Not pissed but to the point that If I carry on drinking, it's not enjoyable.

I get a bit tipsy after 2/3 pints but then just stay like that, that's if I've eaten.

If I haven't then I'm all over the place after 5/6 pints. Having said that, I actually really enjoy being absolutely blootered.

• Upvote 1

Saturday just gone in all honesty I had

1230-1400 X 2 pints of cider

1500-1700 X 1 bottle of red

1800-0300 x9 pints cider, x3 tequila slammers, X 3 sambucas, X 6 double gin and tonics.

I was fucking smashed but I didn't have a hang over at all.

However tonight I've sat at home and had X 4 large gin and tonics and can feel I've had a drink (pints of G&T)

Just fuck off. If you have actually counted that then your a cunt, and if you made it up you are a cunt. 

• Upvote 1

It takes me a lot to get bladdered. Normally I get drunk then just stay the same for fucking ages. I can normally carry on until some boring cunt gets beak then I just swerve it and go home, stick some tunes on, do a gig in the kitchen then fall asleep somewhere on the way to bed. Fuck you and fuck the queen. 

It takes turdseye 4 pints, a pie and watching someone else eat a banana. 

I used to drink daily and would do so on an empty stomach. I'd sometimes have a meal part way through the session, but it got to stay where I wouldn't eat until I'd finished drinking, which wouldn't be until at least midnight.

At the height of my drinking, I'd be tipsy after 6 or 7 pints but wouldn't really get any worse. In drink but not acting daft or anything like that.

• Upvote 1

Just fuck off. If you have actually counted that then you're a cunt, and if you made it up you are a cunt. 

I'm inclined to agree.  Even ignoring the rest, how is anyone supposed to know they've had 9 pints of cider and not anywhere between 7 and 11 pints?

Another one that gets me is when I've been out and got blasted, people talking about it a few days later always say "What time did you stay till/get in?"  How the fuck should I know?  And why should I care?

• Upvote 1

I'd want to stay in the pub until closing time, regardless of what time I got there. I'd then chase across town to a pub that stayed open later, even if that was for just another hour. I never really used to keep track of how much I drank, but wouldn't have been happy unless I had at least 12 pints. Sometimes I'd pace myself throughout the afternoon and evening. Other times, I'd down my ale Speedy Gonzales style. I would consume roughly the same amount of alcohol regardless of how little or long I was in the pub. Obviously, I didn't smash back 12 pints in a hour, but it wasn't uncommon for for me to have one every twenty minutes or so if time wasn't on my side.

My voice is that bit too loud after very few drinks. Sometimes as little as a couple, usually a handful.

Can carry on forever though, not moving much past that level unless I start taking the piss and downing concoctions one after another.

Don't really drink beer mind, can only physically drink a few pints before I feel bloated, so I always go straight to spirits and find they get you less pissed.

My voice is that bit too loud after very few drinks. Sometimes as little as a couple, usually a handful.

Can carry on forever though, not moving much past that level unless I start taking the piss and downing concoctions one after another.

Don't really drink beer mind, can only physically drink a few pints before I feel bloated, so I always go straight to spirits and find they get you less pissed.

I used to find the opposite. I could drink ale (not lager) until the cows came home, but it would go pear shaped if I drank spirits. Years ago, I went through a phase of only drinking neat vodka, doubles and trebles at a time, and made a bell of myself on a number of occasions.

At minute I've had three vodka red bull and 12 bottles of coors

Pissed obviously but not that bad. It varies think anyone who says they can't feel it after say 4 pints is either lying or has a drink problem.

Mad how tolerance builds up went ibiza at 17 and after 14 nights boozing I drank 10 bottles of bud and 2 vodka and orange *lot stronger over there as they shove loads of vodka in * was really sick but didn't feel pissed. Weighed about 10 and a half stone to weigh about 2 stone more now

Depends, differs all the time. I'm fine with 6/7 pints which is normally what I'll have if I go the pub for a few but on a proper night out I can have treble that and sometimes I'm alright and other times I'm ballooned. Wet the babies head last Saturday and must have had circa 12 pints and about 10 skittle bombs ( I still don't know what they are or what's in them ) and wasn't too bad at the time but felt horrible the next day.

Quad vods are where I draw the line. Had some bad experiences after having them including getting my bird to pick me up in town and in the meantime I'd got a taxi home and turned my phone off and asking her to pick me up at Aintree station then getting the wrong train and getting off at Aigburth. Thinking about it, she might have come out of the Quad vod experience worse off than me.

Varies by the day. But a rough threshold is 2/3 drinks to start to feel it. By 5/6 I'm definitely pissed, 8/9 pretty drunk, onwards hammered. There's a margin of error depending on whether I've eaten, slept, up for it etc

I was a pig of a drinker when much younger, but in my mid/late 20's that all changed. In my late teens early 20's I would think nothing of taking a week off and spending it down the pub. And I do mean virtually every waking hour. I'm much more susceptible these days since I drink infrequently All day drinking young mans game

Somewhere between three quarters and a bottle of Bourbon. Im still alright after just a bit sleepy. I do drink a lint of water before bed though as that stops any hangover.

Though thats all stopped now. I dont drink at all