You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Europa League Draw Midday Friday

Sputnik1

Liverpool will learn their fate on Friday afternoon, with the draw for the Europa League’s round of 16 due to start at 12pm (GMT).

Teams in the draw 

Athletic Club (ESP)
Sevilla (ESP)
Valencia (ESP)

Villarreal (ESP)
Liverpool (ENG)

Manchester United (ENG)
Tottenham (ENG)

Dortmund (GER)
Leverkusen (GER)

Braga (POR)
Sparta Praha (CZE)
Lazio (ITA)
Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
Fenerbahçe (TUR)
Basel (SUI)
Anderlecht (BEL)

There is no country protection from this stage onwards, and there is no seeding. It is an open draw.

So who do you want? 

We may as well take on one of the bigger challenges now because we have shown that we struggle against even the poorest opposition.

Let's have the mancs next, while it would be fantastic to beat them in the final it would be easier to take a defeat to them in an earlier round. I still think we would beat them.

Anyone other than United would do me. We seem to be incapable of beating them at the moment no matter how bad they are and 2 defeats in one season is enough. Hopefully someone else can knock them out and we can avoid meeting them altogether in the competition.

No to Basel and Shakhtar. Not Braga again. We didn't fair well against them over two legs. Something about playing in a stadium built inside a crater freaked the players out, I think. Would like to avoid stabbing Lazio fans as well, thanks. 50/50 on Fenerbahce. Anderlecht or Prague please.

Don't really want any of the other English sides, anyone else will do.  

Wouldn't mind an easy-ish side, I'm far from convinced that we have any real chance at this trophy though I'd love to be proved wrong.  Maybe Valencia, Braga or Sparta Prague would be nice.

I predict ... Basel.

Edit: Is this on?  The TV said it starts at noon but I'm not seeing it on anywhere.  Am I off an hour or something?