You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which players have a future here?

lebron

Moreno isn't the problem.

Top sides don't go citing their full back as the difference between success and failure.

City have had Kolarov and Clichy for a few years now, and aren't doing bad.

1. We're not a top side, so if we have shite at full back its more noticeable, even more so when he does a fuck up pretty much every week.

2. Moreno is a problem, and quite a big one

3. To randomly pick City's full backs to back up your argument is ridiculous.

4. You'd keep Benteke? Your a fucking weirdo.

5. If we start next season with Moreno, I'll cry, if we start next season with Moreno And Benteke I'm jacking this game in

6. You talk total shit.

7. JermainePennant talks more sense

• Upvote 1

Clyne never gets to the bye line and can't cross a ball at all. Still, he's decent defencively. The problem is that Klopp has total faith in Moreno. It's startling sometimes but he seems to have had games where he ends up taking more shots than anyone else, other than Coutinho.

If Moreno squares that ball at 40s in the final, instead of shooting at very tight angle, who knows? He has ability but not much nous. Maybe with a real midfield and better players we wouldn't have to depend on creativity from fbs.

1. We're not a top side, so if we have shite at full back its more noticeable, even more so when he does a fuck up pretty much every week.

2. Moreno is a problem, and quite a big one

3. To randomly pick City's full backs to back up your argument is ridiculous.

4. You'd keep Benteke? Your a fucking weirdo.

5. If we start next season with Moreno, I'll cry, if we start next season with Moreno And Benteke I'm jacking this game in

6. You talk total shit.

7. JermainePennant talks more sense

1. What?

2. Huh?

3. LOL

4. Racist

5. Racist

6. wukka wukka wukka

7. Bitter

Maybe with a real midfield and better players we wouldn't have to depend on creativity from fbs.

Exactly.

Moreno wouldn't be relied upon to get forward ALL the time, and get back into position, because the attacking players would (staggeringly) be good at scoring and creating goals.

Benteke is done here. Klopp bringing on Origi in the final proves that. Basically, if you're not willing to run for the team, you're out. Balotelli as well.

As much as I like Lallana, he's done too. He's a tidy player, but doesn't contribute much in an attacking sense, and has minimal presence in the middle. You can add Allen in for the same reason.

I think we'll keep Lucas, Milner and Henderson next season, not for the quality they bring, buy for professionalism and to not make too many changes at once. Probably Hendersons last chance next season to prove that he's more than just a water carrier.

One or both of Skrtel and Lovren will probably be off as well.

Mignolet should do the honorable thing and off himself.

Clyne never gets to the bye line and can't cross a ball at all. Still, he's decent defencively. The problem is that Klopp has total faith in Moreno. It's startling sometimes but he seems to have had games where he ends up taking more shots than anyone else, other than Coutinho.

If Moreno squares that ball at 40s in the final, instead of shooting at very tight angle, who knows? He has ability but not much nous. Maybe with a real midfield and better players we wouldn't have to depend on creativity from fbs.

I dont think he does at all, il be surprised if we dont buy a left back in the summer.

As for creativity from Full Backs, i dont think anyone is bothered about what he does upfield. The fact is he cant defend.

His positioning is atrocius, and his concentration is a bloody joke. Id rather have Ste Warnock back at Left Back

• 1 month later...

So,

Let's have another look.

Here's the full list

Goalkeepers

Mignolet   We desperately need a first-choice keeper

Bogdan

Ward - Subs bench

Fulton - Reserves

Full Backs

Clyne  - Starter

Enrique

Moreno  - Starter or sub

Gomez   - Sub

Flanagan  - Starter or sub

Smith  - Sub

McLaughlin  - Reserves

Maguire  - Reserves

Centre Backs

Matip  - Starter or sub

Toure  -  Possibly saved by Sakho's impending ban

Lovren  - Starter or sub

Sakho  - Starter or sub

Illori

Skrtel

Cleary  - Reserves

Jones   - Reserves

Wisdom

Midfielders

Milner  - Starter or sub

Henderson

Lucas

Can  - Starter

Allen  - Starter or sub

Stewart  - Sub or reserves (or gone?)

Kent  - Reserves

Dunn  - Reserves

Rossiter  - Sub or reserves (depends how he comes back from injury)

Williams  - Reserves

Randall   - Reserves

Chirivella  - Reserves

Grujic  - Starter or sub

Attackers/Strikers

Benteke

Coutinho  - Starter 

Firmino  - Starter 

Sturridge  - Starter when fit

Lallana  Not enough goals made or scored, so it's a reluctant goodbye from me

Origi  - Starter

Ings  - Starter or sub (depends how he comes back from injury)

Ibe  - Sub

Yesil

Balofuckingtelli

Sinclair   He wants out; who am I to argue?

Markovic

Teixera

Ojo  - Sub

Alberto

Awoniyi  - Reserves

Allan   - Reserves

So, my shopping list would be
1.  A top-class goalkeeper; priority Number One
2.  Possibly another centre back, to replace Kolo
3.  Another central midfielder
4.  A top striker who could go straight in as a starter
5.  An attacking midfielder (or whatever you want to call him) who can reliably do the stuff that Lallanna is supposed to do.

If we get a goalkeeper and fill even two of the other four requirements, next season could be fun.

We can't be that far behind Chelsea in terms of overall squad size. It's pretty rare for top clubs to have complete overhauls of squads though, it's going to take two or three transfer windows to trim the squad and for Klopp to get it how he wants it to be.

I can't see a summer with a massive turnover of players in and out but there are very few players I'd be sad to see leave.

We can't be that far behind Chelsea in terms of overall squad size. It's pretty rare for top clubs to have complete overhauls of squads though, it's going to take two or three transfer windows to trim the squad and for Klopp to get it how he wants it to be.

I can't see a summer with a massive turnover of players in and out but there are very few players I'd be sad to see leave.

Yeah, these fabled mass clear-outs seldom happen in reality.  There isn't enough time to do all of the deals and some players are happy to sit on the whopping contracts they're on.  Plus there is a summer tournament and most of the real business will start after that. 

We need two central midfielders: a hard as nails bastard with good positional sense and discipline who can stay in front of the back door and sweep up; and a controlling midfielder who can receive and turn in tight spaces and keeps the play flowing, even under serious pressure.

The latter would be harder to get since that type of player is as rare as rocking horse shit these days, everyone is either a DM or a No. 10 now. Sell Henderson if we can get anywhere near 20 million for him, look to move Lucas on if we can get a DM, I'd be inclined to keep Allen as his form has been very good and he offers some semblance of midfield control, and keep Can.

Luckily Klopp has a history of mass clearouts and bringing in loads in one summer...it is what he needs to do here.

We can't go into another season with most of the shower we have.

They are in the main either mentally or physically weak as evidenced by our abysmal injury record this season

Very few. Even most our first choices are distinctly average and mentally weak. If someone with a set of bollocks and will to win is out the team they all end up looking like the sport is alien to them. Hmmm I don't usually play alongside this player maybe I should pass it too the opposition or stumble over my own feet.

Luckily Klopp has a history of mass clearouts and bringing in loads in one summer...it is what he needs to do here.

We can't go into another season with most of the shower we have.

They are in the main either mentally or physically weak as evidenced by our abysmal injury record this season

Before the embarrassment of today's B-team, we'd won 6, drawn 3 and lost 1 of our last 10 league games.  Throw a domestic cup final and a European semi-final into that mix and you have to ask whether that run of results really screams "GET RID OF ALL OF THEM"?

I reckon 3-5 decent additions to the two signings we've already made (plus getting rid of the irredeemable deadwood) and we'll be sound.

Smith and Chirivella need a season on loan in the Championship to get some competitive game time.

Honestly dont think either of them are good enough for us. Same with Stewart and Teixeira. Think Ojo at this level has a couple of years but as Ive said before, the speed of the PL seems to catch him out.

Not looking good for Ibe either. He seems like he's lost belief all of a sudden.