You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

Anyway, by "something different" I meant in terms of playing style. If we retain Coutinho and Firmino, (and perhaps Lallana too, as Klopp seems to rate him?) and add Gotze to the mix, it's a lot of talent but I'm a bit concerned by the balance. Where's the pace and power? The Premier League thrives on that, more than any other league. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that's all that is needed, as they have to be able to play as well.

I'd be thrilled with Sane, but I think the time to get him was in January.  We were interested, fees in the 15m area were being discussed, but since then the hype machine has exploded and now people are talking about 30m.

For that money, maybe even less, we could get Lucas Moura.  If we want pace and power, Moura is the man to go for.  We were linked in January but it seems to have gone quiet since.  I still hold out hope that we're in for him.  He's finally started to reach his potential for PSG this season, and is keeping Cavani out of their side.  He's going to have a similar impact for them this season as Firmino is for us, probably finish on about 10 goals and 10 assists (only he's doing it from out wide so would complement Roberto) .  Plus he's 23 and just coming into his prime.

I think Klopp could have him make the step up to world-class level.  Coutinho and Firmino behind Sturridge is very good, but it needs a really pacy winger who contributes goals and assists to take it to the next level.  I really think Moura, even more than Gotze, could be that player.  To really get gegenpressing working well you need a player up front with jets in his boots for the counterattack:

I actually think Sheyi Ojo might be this player for us in a few years, but while he's developing Moura would be the perfect option.

I'd be thrilled with Sane, but I think the time to get him was in January.  We were interested, fees in the 15m area were being discussed, but since then the hype machine has exploded and now people are talking about 30m.

For that money, maybe even less, we could get Lucas Moura.  If we want pace and power, Moura is the man to go for.  We were linked in January but it seems to have gone quiet since.  I still hold out hope that we're in for him.  He's finally started to reach his potential for PSG this season, and is keeping Cavani out of their side.  He's going to have a similar impact for them this season as Firmino is for us, probably finish on about 10 goals and 10 assists (only he's doing it from out wide so would complement Roberto) .  Plus he's 23 and just coming into his prime.

I think Klopp could have him make the step up to world-class level.  Coutinho and Firmino behind Sturridge is very good, but it needs a really pacy winger who contributes goals and assists to take it to the next level.  I really think Moura, even more than Gotze, could be that player.  To really get gegenpressing working well you need a player up front with jets in his boots for the counterattack:

I actually think Sheyi Ojo might be this player for us in a few years, but while he's developing Moura would be the perfect option.

I don't know much about that Sane fella but if you think we'd get Lucas for the same money you're probably wrong. He'd probably cost about double in wages,

No doubt Real Madrid will be having a huge clear out in the summer after giving them their 30 minutes to prove themselves.

Players like Kovacic will be worthwhile signing (even on loan).

Ter Stegen will end up at Manchester City with Pep.

PS No to Cabaye

Signing Gotze would make little sense. For one, his motivation levels and work ethic reportedly haven't been great these past few years and he's a luxury player. He's like a younger, slightly more talented Juan Mata. We already have 3 players who play in the same style and who possess the same attributes as Gotze does and a Coutinho-Firmino-Gotze attacking midfield looks good on paper but it's very one-dimensional.

I'd rather spend the 35 mill he'd cost on a winger who could add pace and directness to the side because these are things that we actually lack.

• Upvote 2

Why would PSG sell a player that's making such a huge impact for them though?

PSG are like Real Madrid, they don't care how good someone is.  If the player isn't super famous and popular, they almost aren't interested.

We could get Moura because they have their hearts set on Hazard, they've wanted him ever since he left Lille.  The point on Moura's wages is a fair one, he'd probably demand pretty big wages as he's certainly getting them at PSG but his fee would be lower than you'd expect as a result and I think overall he'd cost about the same as Gotze or Sane, and be better for us than either of them.

• Upvote 1

Ive liked Moura for a long time but do we need him right now? 

I'd prefer a top quality keeper, then a DM, then a boss right winger. Mane at southampton is quality. 

Lucas is a right winger, even though he can also play in a few other positions. That said, I don't think he will leave Paris. They have already let Lavezzi go and if they are to sell anyone one else it will in all likeliness be Pastore. Cavani (if he stays) will move upfront with Ibra gone, which would leave them with only Di Maria as a winger. You would think they will want at least four players capable of occupying the wide positions, so I doubt they will let Lucas go, especially as he's finally starting to show some end product after three seasons of Ibe-like performances.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Mane is shitbags. Schneiderlin has been poo at the Mancs and Wanyama is crap too. We signed all the best Southampton players already. Ask Stringvest if you don't believe me.

I'm surprised how shite Schneiderlin has been. I think he's a quality player, but like so many who perform well at smaller clubs, they need to be playing a certain way in order to get the best out of them.

The Mirror linking Henderson to Spurs for £25m. A few more million then yes definitely.

It's too bad this is almost certainly not real, I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.

Henderson is decent enough but I think Klopp could almost certainly do better with that fee/wages to go out and find another CM.  He'd probably come back with Goretzka and 5 million left over or something.

It'll never happen, though.  We're already selling Lucas and Allen presumably, I can't see us going into next season with Can as the only one of our current central midfielders to still be with us (I don't really count Milner, who's another one I think Klopp would sell if he could).

I'd love to see Hendo next to a couple of world class players but I'd rather see Can and if we had the chance to upgrade one for a better standard I'd take a punt on keeping Can.

The turks are neither loyal, nor trustworthy.

Henderson wins.

• Downvote 1