You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Skrtel

Lee909

Southampton started bypassing our midfield as soon as Wanyama came on. If people think it's just down to Skertl then you are a bit fucking nuts.

Indeed. Skrtel was abysmal, but Wanyama had our entire central midfield in his pocket. No leaders, no balls, no intelligence. Bullied and out-thought. Embarrassing stuff.

• Upvote 1

Southampton started bypassing our midfield as soon as Wanyama came on. If people think it's just down to Skertl then you are a bit fucking nuts.

Skrtel came on and spread panic around everyone. Nothing to do with that fraud coming on.

Skrtel came on and spread panic around everyone. Nothing to do with that fraud coming on.

I'm not backing Skertl by any means but a shit midfielder comes on for the opposition, gets stuck in and our midfield goes missing. There's plenty wrong, not just a single player.

• Upvote 1

It wasn't all on him. Sakho could've done better for a couple of them for example.

Wipe the agenda from your eyes, mate. Skrtel was the problem closely followed by Allen. Sakho was trying to do the job of two men. Skrtel didn't win one tackle the whole time he was on the pitch.

• Upvote 1

Watch Pelle's goal again, Sakho should've done better there.

For their winning goal, Mignolet, Allen and Sakho should've done better too.

I've watched all the goals. He's sheparding Pelle then tries to get a block in when he shoots from 20 yards. Apart from diving in on him there is fuck all he can do. You're viewing this through the lens of someone who thinks Sakho is shite. He's not at fault for any of the goals today.

Its no coincedance that Sakho starts looking jittery once Skrtel comes on.Sahko and Lovren have looked the part for the last 2.5 games even Toure and Sahko have looked decent recently, Skrtel comes back after 8 games (which we concede 2) and he instanlty gives a way a pen which we get away with 2 more major fuck ups later and its 2-2 Sahko is carrying him. when Lovren played along side him last season he instantly becomes a bad player (he made some monumental fuck ups all by himself no getting away from that)But for Southampton the year before he was solid, I was one of the people on here who has blasted Lovren regularly and i'm not saying hes become a great 1st choice defender all of a sudden but he looks 10 times the player when hes along side Sahko and he looks dogshite again along side Skrtel, Many of us have said for years now that Skrtel is an accident waiting to happen especially his constant shirt tugging he insists on doing all the time he was really poor for the U21's mid week and for me today proves he should be moved on in the summer to slow doesn't learn from his mistakes and makes an already jittery defence / keeper worse, Just get rid.

Wanyama's a fucking donkey. All he did was throw his weight around a bit and our players basically just dribbled straight into him. A fucking defensive midfielder (an average one at that) isn't the reason Southampton scored 3 goals in the second half.

Skrtel came on, gave away a penalty, won zero tackles or headers and made zero interceptions. We conceded 3 goals. He is at fault. It's that simple.

• Upvote 2

I've forgotten how to spell his name, that's how crap Skrtle is. He was in no mans land for their winner, failing to win the ball then running towards his own goal as Pelle set up his shot with two or three touches. He should have been running towards Pelle to get the ball but he's so bad that this would never have entered his head.

Hope this is true, get Skrtle or whatever his name is out. http://www.teamtalk.com/news/klopp-eyes-raid-on-firminos-old-hoffenheim-team-mate

The amount of times he has somehow got away with pulling people's shirts at set pieces or putting his arms round them is truly amazing. Got bullied by Ighalo and Troy Deeney at Watford. I know Mignolet causes panic but he just makes it 100 times worse. Hopefully we can move him on to some team in Germany or Russia.

A car crash of a player.....shits himself anyone tries to get the least bit physical with him.

I didn't see the subs bench as got in the pub late but if Toure was on the bench then that is a boo from Klopp as I would have Kolo all day long than this joke.

No coincident than that is the worst defending we have seen since the Watford game.

Wanyama's a fucking donkey. All he did was throw his weight around a bit and our players basically just dribbled straight into him. A fucking defensive midfielder (an average one at that) isn't the reason Southampton scored 3 goals in the second half.

Skrtel came on, gave away a penalty, won zero tackles or headers and made zero interceptions. We conceded 3 goals. He is at fault. It's that simple.

I think you're doing Wanyama a massive disservice there, he was excellent and clearly helped them have more confidence to go at us defensively, Skrtel is a big reason we lost today but he's not the only one at fault.

• Upvote 1

One of the worst defenders we've ever had, a rock solid defences becomes a shit one instantly with him back. Dreadful from the manager that.

Bollocks.

Rock solid with mingo lovren and bambi sakho and a tactically challenged clyne thats been letting goals get panged in for fun since rodgers smirked his way in? With and without skrtel the only one who has actually been a major part in our last real rock solid defence?

• Downvote 1

If we could get 11 of your posts on the pitch every week Im sure we'd have won everything forever by now.
  • Upvote 2