You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Skrtel

Lee909

There might not have been a memo but anyone who has being paying attention this season knows Lovren has improved massively this season and, for me, is in our best partnership (with Sakho).

Thought he was a huge waste of £20m 12 months ago and, whilst maybe not worth as much as that, has certainly proved his worth 2015/16

He's certainly done a helluva lot better than Skrtel this season.

Hes been awful half the season now hes had about 12 games of decency and about the same amount hes been really really bad Skrtels had a steady season overall with a few bad games. Alongside years of service for us he should be given credit for.

Im not claiming skrtels the best we can do but i cant agree lovrens been a helluva lot better the season didnt start when klopp came in.

There might not have been a memo but anyone who has being paying attention this season knows Lovren has improved massively this season and, for me, is in our best partnership (with Sakho).

Thought he was a huge waste of £20m 12 months ago and, whilst maybe not worth as much as that, has certainly proved his worth 2015/16

Not for me clive.

Hes been a liability from day one i will never have an issue with lovren being substituted hes a total meff.

Had he subbed vincent kompany or maldini for skrtel maybe be different.

I must have missed the memo about lovren suddenly being a good player.

That's knowledge you get from watching the games, Dennis. No memo.

Hes been awful half the season now hes had about 12 games of decency and about the same amount hes been really really bad Skrtels had a steady season overall with a few bad games. Alongside years of service for us he should be given credit for.

Im not claiming skrtels the best we can do but i cant agree lovrens been a helluva lot better the season didnt start when klopp came in.

If service to the club mattered we would still be playing Alan Hansen. I don't care how many average seasons Skrtel managed in the past, fact is the defence fell apart when he came on against Southampton.

• Upvote 2

I agree with the others saying Klopp was as much at fault here. I said to my lad once they missed the pen he should throw Henderson on for Sturridge and see the game out as we'd been getting overrun for 10 mins before the pen. This had all the hallmarks of the Palace 3-3 game from the other year, unfortunately we couldn't get the third.  Although Skrtel was fucking chronic, I feel that the bulletproof Sakho could have done far better with all the goals rather than doing the Dirk Kuyt trick of throwing the block in the second after the balls been hit. 

Skrtel will be shipped out in the summer. He had a mare yesterday. But we should also note that his shortcomings were part of a perfect storm that went wrong in the second half. Wanyama came on and bossed the midfield. Mane was introduced and his pace scared our whole defence. Our team was getting tired, Flanagan was off the pace and having an iffy game, and Mignolet was Mignolet. 

Don't get me wrong, Skrtel had a mare and he will be shipped out in the summer. But other circumstances conspired together to add to his poor display. 

It will be Matip and one of Sakho/Lovren. Get some pace and aerial ability in there. As for who the fourth choice will be, I'm not sure. 

Skrtel may go back to Russia, as they have the roubles. Or he may take the Chinese money, as he has some sort of profile. I'm convinced he won't be a Liverpool player next season. 

• 2 months later...