You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

24th August 2015 - Away to Arsenal

WhiskeyJar

Anyone who thinks Arsenal are going to lose their opening two home games of the season is in cloud cuckoo land. We will be lucky to get nil.

I really think our fans are giving them wayy too much respect in this regard. Its bloody Arsenal that plays all fancy-schmancy but cant string any passes together if they fail to turn up.

Its in our hands and I really hope our lads turn up for this. We need to put a marker down same way City did against Chelsea.

If West Ham can do it on a given day, then I am sure we can. 

I just hope we give them a game this time,  We have been pathetic in this fixture of late and last season was fucking embarrassment . We have to offer more going forward than we have in the first two games , If he starts with the same formation with Ibe down the left and Gomez and Lovren defending that side we will lose , Moreno has to come in for me and ideally Sakho,

Ings up front , drop Ibe to the bench 

Why the fuck would you bring in a not very good, ball watching left back who fluked one goal going forward early on and hasn't found either the goal or a team mate since to play in midfield when we've got about 37 dwarf AMs knocking about?

West Ham managed it, they lost to Bournemouth and we beat Bournemouth so the laws of clearly defined football logic means we'll win.....

I hope we don't try and keep it tight and maybe nick it- we simply can't play that, the defence don't have the discipline/ability.

Best chance may be from corners, we should have quite a height advantage if we pack the box.

I'd play Ings, we may not get many shots and when we do they need to be on target, not the midfield/Lovren smashing them into the stands from distance.

Hopefully this is the game where Firminio shows what he has to offer