You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Legoland

Ignore him. It'll be perfect for her and you might even enjoy it yourself. We went a few times and always had a good time. The miniature Lego world is brilliant. Its far less tacky than Disney.

I've never been in August but I'd recommend going in early before the hordes arrive

• Upvote 1

Ignore him. It'll be perfect for her and you might even enjoy it yourself. We went a few times and always had a good time. The miniature Lego world is brilliant. Its far less tacky than Disney.

I've never been in August but I'd recommend going in early before the hordes arrive

Thanks. I'm going to go midweek, and hopefully be at the gates at opening times (although with it being the summer holidays i'm not sure how much midweek will help).

As for places to stay, I'm just doing the usual and reading reviews on booking.com etc, but if you knew anywhere extra kid friendly, please let me know!

5 is the ideal age for Legoland. It will be busy come what may in August. Don't bother with the safari-type ride - massive queues and it's crap. If she likes Star Wars there's a half-decent bit dedicated to that. Also, they'll probably still be doing a lot based on the Lego movie so probably a good idea to watch that before you go.

• Upvote 1

Young kids love it.  It's clean, safe and the best park for little ones.  Stay in Windsor itself - there's places to eat and drink, you can walk along the river, and bag yourself a swan for the freezer.  

for an alternative - try the Coppid Beech hotel just outside Bracknell.  You'll get a reasonably inexpensive room, and it's right next door to the ski slope - they have tube slides and stuff - again, it's great for kids.  10-15 minutes from Legoland in the car.  

• Upvote 1

The Copthorne has midweek deals with Legoland, I think there's a holiday inn there too. Hotels in Windsor;

Christopher - nice, in the centre but a bit expensive and maybe not kid friendly

Christopher Wren - same as above

Savil Court - right next to Windsor Great Park with the deer and lovely views over the castle. Swimming pool and nice grounds.

Beaumont House - hell on earth, don't go there.

Oakley Court - on the river, pool, was the house used for the original Hammer House of Horrors and St Trinians. Bit expensive.

• Upvote 1

So that you don't spend a load of time sitting in the car, I would say you want to make it a very long day. Car park opens a long time before the gates, and the gates open a while before the rides, although you have to wait around the area they have the shops for a while, but it beats sitting in the car for ages.

When you get in, go straight to one of the areas furthest entrance park so you can do the stuff around there before the queues get big as many people will go for the first rides they see, then work your way back towards the other stuff from there.

Take a swimming cossie for your daughter, the little splash park is good fun.

As well as the Safari, I probably wouldn't bother with the Submarine ride (can't remember its name), another one with a long queue which probably isn't worth it.

Take in one of the pirate shows, the kids love it.

Towards the end of the day, head back towards the back of the park as the queues for rides will die down again, you'll might be able to get off the ride and straight back on for a few of them, and then hang around after the rides have closed, maybe have some dinner, otherwise you'll be sat in the car again waiting to get out. Its also a good time to take in miniland as there are fewer people.

The food is pricey, but the bottomless soft drink probably works out as decent value (for adults) and saves you carrying around liquids which will just end up getting warm by the end of the day.

• Upvote 1

The Copthorne has midweek deals with Legoland, I think there's a holiday inn there too. Hotels in Windsor;

Christopher - nice, in the centre but a bit expensive and maybe not kid friendly

Savil Court - right next to Windsor Great Park with the deer and lovely views over the castle. Swimming pool and nice grounds.

Oakley Court - on the river, pool, was the house used for the original Hammer House of Horrors and St Trinians. Bit expensive.

I was actually looking at this place, glad I read this! Why exactly?

So that you don't spend a load of time sitting in the car, I would say you want to make it a very long day. Car park opens a long time before the gates, and the gates open a while before the rides, although you have to wait around the area they have the shops for a while, but it beats sitting in the car for ages.

When you get in, go straight to one of the areas furthest entrance park so you can do the stuff around there before the queues get big as many people will go for the first rides they see, then work your way back towards the other stuff from there.

Take a swimming cossie for your daughter, the little splash park is good fun.

As well as the Safari, I probably wouldn't bother with the Submarine ride (can't remember its name), another one with a long queue which probably isn't worth it.

Take in one of the pirate shows, the kids love it.

Towards the end of the day, head back towards the back of the park as the queues for rides will die down again, you'll might be able to get off the ride and straight back on for a few of them, and then hang around after the rides have closed, maybe have some dinner, otherwise you'll be sat in the car again waiting to get out. Its also a good time to take in miniland as there are fewer people.

The food is pricey, but the bottomless soft drink probably works out as decent value (for adults) and saves you carrying around liquids which will just end up getting warm by the end of the day.

I won't have a car with my as I'm flying over from NI, but i'll research what buses to get etc before hand.

Thanks all!

I was actually looking at this place, glad I read this! Why exactly?

I won't have a car with my as I'm flying over from NI, but i'll research what buses to get etc before hand.

Thanks all!

It's basically a conference hotel, a beautiful old house that's amazing...then what looks like student accommodation built around it. It can be a ten minute walk from your room to the restaurant/bar. Some of the rooms haven't been done up since the 80's - it's the only place you can get an avocado bathroom suite. I'm probably biased as I have to stay there with work so I'm in a bad mood to begin with.

On the up side there's a pub 5 mins walk away, it's very close to the Thames so you can have a walk along there and it's very close to the airport so won't cost you a fortune in a cab. If Savil Court is in your price range I'd go for there (it's only 5 mins further on than BH), just for the fact you can have a wander to the park and see the deer. Oh and Elton John lives on that road so you can see if him and David Furnish fancy a kick about.

The Slough Windsor Copthorne
400 Cippenham Lane
Slough
Berks
SL1 2YE

We stayed there a few years ago. close and decent restaurant. 

Also included was a Legoland park deal of one day tickets and one day free. Worked out well as we spent one afternoon at Legoland, stayed in hotel, then spent next morning in Legoland and then went into Windsor for Lunch. 

Great weekend.

http://www.legolandholidays.co.uk/deals/kids-go-free.html?page=deals%2Fkids-go-free.html&adcode=LLUK-G-LLH-LEGOLAND-HOLIDAYS-EXACT&agent=LH218&gclid=CMO62KCqgsYCFYPHtAodaUQAbw&__hxt_redirected=true

• Upvote 1

It's basically a conference hotel, a beautiful old house that's amazing...then what looks like student accommodation built around it. It can be a ten minute walk from your room to the restaurant/bar. Some of the rooms haven't been done up since the 80's - it's the only place you can get an avocado bathroom suite. I'm probably biased as I have to stay there with work so I'm in a bad mood to begin with.

On the up side there's a pub 5 mins walk away, it's very close to the Thames so you can have a walk along there and it's very close to the airport so won't cost you a fortune in a cab. If Savil Court is in your price range I'd go for there (it's only 5 mins further on than BH), just for the fact you can have a wander to the park and see the deer. Oh and Elton John lives on that road so you can see if him and David Furnish fancy a kick about.

Saville COurts working out at £198 for the 2 nights vs £158 in beamount. I think it'll be worth the extra in that case, only £40. Thanks.

The 

Yep - Savill Garden well worth a visit if the weather's nice - really nice gardens and decent kids' playground