You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC Player Awards @ The Echo Arena

dobbalina

Is the back slapping complete, off the millionaires go into the night. gutless cowards. fucking stealing a living. have to feel for stevie he was looking around with a look that said has it really come to this.

Gerrard could not choose a better time to leave for a multimillion contract, faraway in a consistently warm place. I'd be running away like a wild horse if I was him.

• Upvote 1

Just scrolling through Twatter and it says "Ian St John welling up on stage as he describes how much it meant to the players to win #LFC's 1st FA Cup in '65".

We're not a football club, we're a fucking musical.

And the character, ability, achievements and concern for  the club of one of our most loved ex-players is cheapened by some snide comment about the shite today. 

Cool.

• Upvote 2

Im only 30 and ive long given up on footy. God knows how all you old cunts handle it. It passes the time for a few hours on a saturday but fuck me, the countrys going down the swanny. Sterling getting booe is afucking blip on the landscape the cunts

2897826347_0241303f56_z.jpg

Where did it all go wrong?

LFC was bought by G&H who almost killed the club. At the end of the G&H reign directors Purslow and Broughton thought it a good idea to sack our Champions League winning manager and replace him with Roy Hodgson.

The rest, as they say, is history.

• Upvote 1

LFC was bought by G&H who almost killed the club. At the end of the G&H reign directors Purslow and Broughton thought it a good idea to sack our Champions League winning manager and replace him with Roy Hodgson.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Champions league winning manager that has underachieved at 2 clubs since leaving us.

We can't keep using stuff from 5 years ago as excuses for us being shite today. We haven't been good enough on or off the pitch to compete with the top 4 since 2009 bar last season where everything came together for us (and we still bottled it when it mattered).

Was there one of these at the end of last season? As if it were to become an annual thing, at least kicking it off on the back of a somewhat positive season would be understandable. After this one though? Not great timing.

"I hope all the lads had a great night!  Get some rest, too, boys!  You've earned it!  Here's to another stella season!!" @razor

One Ian Ayre, there's only one Ian Ayre.

One Ian Ay-re, there's only one Ian Ayre!

Got more commercial partners than you, we've got more commercial partners than you.

Got more commercial partners than yo-u, we've got more commercial partners than you!

Modern football.  I LOVE IT!  Go Brand Liverpool!

• Upvote 1

Is the back slapping complete, off the millionaires go into the night. gutless cowards. fucking stealing a living. have to feel for stevie he was looking around with a look that said has it really come to this.

Hopefully Gerrard us a lot more realistic about this season as you seem to be and accepts that rather than everyone else dragging him down, he was part of the problem.

I knew Cardie would be all for it.

Not sure pointing out we have awards every season is the same as being all for it.

Can't help but feel that if we'd finished second this season that rather than this being the death knell of modern football, and a damping indictment of where the game is going it'd just be glossed over as nothing.

But then we tend to be rather over emotional on here.

Surely the whole thing could have been done at one of the function rooms at Anfield without fans. I just can't understand the need to put it in the Echo arena and turn it in to an event.

Hope the club are happy now, a small number of fans boo Sterling and it's all over the news this morning.

Surely the whole thing could have been done at one of the function rooms at Anfield without fans. I just can't understand the need to put it in the Echo arena and turn it in to an event.

Hope the club are happy now, a small number of fans boo Sterling and it's all over the news this morning.

They could have held it in a phone box because we've won fuck all this season.

I agree, but it's about money isn't it? Corporate tables, VIP access etc

If the players want an end of season meal where the player of the season is acknowledged fine, if FSG want to toast some good financial results with a bottle of expensive cognac, fine.

But the reinvention of a season in which we bought badly, bombed out of two Euro competitions, and may just scrape EL qualification as a cause for putting the bunting out typifies the farce of PL football.

It's embarrassing, Cardie. It's embarrassing that mediocrity is celebrated so publicly, and it's embarrassing that you're defending it.

Anymore embarrassing than any other time it is held, like always?

Again it's just something that happens that ultimately has very little impact on anything. You see that as a defence when really it's indifference and bemusement at the reaction.