You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Years on and your ex-wife might still be able to take you to the financial cleaners....

melons

I'm sure there are loads of outrageous stories of greed & opportunism relating to women & men , but I don't think this comes in this category. They were married for 11 years & as far as I can see she brought up his child on her own for a fair chunk of the childhood. Now she is looking for a small-ish portion of his massive wealth.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure there are loads of outrageous stories of greed & opportunism relating to women & men , but I don't think this comes in this category. They were married for 11 years & as far as I can see she brought up his child on her own for a fair chunk of the childhood. Now she is looking for a small-ish portion of his massive wealth.

Wealth achieved years after leaving. 

If all she wants is a fair share of what she's due she'll no doubt be happy to take it at his earnings at the time not his worth now.

• Upvote 1

Wealth achieved years after leaving. 

If all she wants is a fair share of what she's due she'll no doubt be happy to take it at his earnings at the time not his worth now.

Or maybe she thinks being free to do whatever he wants whilst his kids were being brought up might have helped with his earning potential?

• Upvote 2

This is my point, for me working full time with 4 kids with no family support and no ex on hand to help with the child care near on killed me. I don't say that lightly, i was exhausted and struggled to keep my head afloat. He got to leave the home, join the navy and earn a very decent wage if my CSA payments are anything to go by.

I had to ditch work, I couldn't survive on the low income of benefits. Went to uni and got in shit loads of debt. I gained a decent degree given i did it with 4 children, 1 having soto's and another in and out of Alder Hey (90 miles away) with recurrent optic neuritis. I did this on my own. With no help from him or any other family member. I could now go and earn a decent wage, but that'll mean extensive commuting given where I live, so I work in a local farm estate and i'm again close at hand for the kids.

Could I have attained a decent wage had I no commitments? Too fucking right I could. Could I have had a blast knowing I had no childcare worries? Err let me think about that.

I'm not saying that i'm going to go after smiler for all he's worth, bless him I don't think it'd get me very far. What I am saying is that the parent left holding the children is the one who has had their life chances massively limited, and should the absent parent do well after years of paying nothing, they should be forced to pay something, yes even if it is after the fact.

There's no doubt in my mind this guy was a shit cunt. The laws are still skewed though. If my daughters mum wanted to take me to court she'd still get money out of me even if we had her exactly 50/50. Explain that?

Just goes to show, ladies. Open your legs for every scruffy feckless cunt with an erection, because it might just pay off!*

* - disclaimer: the author of this post may or may not be a scruffy feckless cunt. Any self interest expressed herein was unintentional. Probably.

• Upvote 1

It is a money grab, I'm not disagreeing with pretty much anything you've wrote - other than the fact she covered all the outgoings for raising the child, not him. Him handing some cash back shouldn't be an issue even if the kid is an adult now.

Of course it should.  He didn't have fuck all when they divorced.  He's not obligated to give her a goddamn thing, because he was bloody broke when they split.  The fact that the case is even being heard is a fucking travesty.  If she gets a single penny from it, then it's really outrageous and will set a precedent that will be terrifying for every person with a cock.  

You can take it personally, if you'd like, and talk about your personal experience... but you're forgetting this one very important thing:  It's not your situation at all.

Every single person on the planet understands that kids cost a fucking bomb to take care of/raise.

There's no doubt in my mind this guy was a shit cunt. The laws are still skewed though. If my daughters mum wanted to take me to court she'd still get money out of me even if we had her exactly 50/50. Explain that?

You're forgetting I'm on both sides of the equation, my household budget both pays and receives maintenance, my husbands incredibly spiteful ex took him to the cleaners in every way she could. She gets CSA yet every time we have the boys they come up with clothes that wouldn't even be accepted in a charity shop, shoes with holes and always complaining about one thing or another. So, we're expected to believe there is no money for clothes yet eldest child had an xbox one in february for being well behaved over half term. She drives a car that is less than a year old, mine is 9 years Mr Melons is 14 years old. Does it piss us off? Yeah it does a bit, but it's just the way things are. We make sure they have a full wardrobe and decent shoes here, they don't however have the latest consoles. 

The law is skewed, but not in favour of your ex, in favour of the children. Why should the child live in poverty or with short comings with one parent when the other one can balance it out?

My ex has been to Vegas I would guess 62 times and Disney 50 times in the 12 years since we split. Plus a proper holiday each year.

About 1 time in 3 she takes the girl - who the money I pay obviously goes to.

Does she not work? Are all of these trips from your child support? No? So what is your issue? 

Of course it should.  He didn't have fuck all when they divorced.  He's not obligated to give her a goddamn thing, because he was bloody broke when they split.  The fact that the case is even being heard is a fucking travesty.  If she gets a single penny from it, then it's really outrageous and will set a precedent that will be terrifying for every person with a cock.  

You can take it personally, if you'd like, and talk about your personal experience... but you're forgetting this one very important thing:  It's not your situation at all.

Every single person on the planet understands that kids cost a fucking bomb to take care of/raise.

We both signed a some order that we can't go back at each other for money for ourselves, we can however for the children. 

I'm not taking it personally, I'm able to see her point and I agree with it, thats all. This guy escaped child support, escaped child care and all at the expense of his ex wife doing all the running, child care ect? And she can't get even a token payment back? Just for him being a cunt, I would be. I would be taking him to court for damages, the stress I'd have come under raising said child, the exhaustion, everything. I'd be the biggest cunt that walked the earth.  

From what I can make out, the kids was born in 82/83?? He started to make a mint in 96 - when the child would have still qualified for CSA but he was being a cunt, thats at least 4 years of payments owed from when he had money that he claims he paid, that she claims he didn't and there was no evidence of. Let me think how that looks? She probably did get some payments, but nowhere near the level she would have been entitled too. 

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't get cocky yet, Melons. She's only been given leave to appeal from reading reports. That only means there is an arguaable point, not that their Lordships will agree with it. Plenty of appeals are given leave, but ultimately lost. 

Lets see if she just claims for out of pocket expenses for bringing the child up. I suspect her claim is going to read like one of my letters on the crank email thread.

Dear ex-husband number <insert number here>

Further to our historical exchanges over the telephone when you used to ring to once again ask if we could make some arrangements for you to see your child and I politely explained that every single day you suggested, which was any day in the next 18 years, was so inconvenient for me, and it's not all about you, and how I hate you, and I then went on to once again spend an hour calling you for all the cunts under the sun whilst you patiently bit your tongue in the hope that doing so might might eventually see me relent with regard to access, I've now decided to re-open lines of communication with you (r wallet). I would have written sooner, but I was busy spitting out more kids to rob me of the sure-fire high-flying career I would have had if I could have somehow just figured out how to not have so many kids.

Anyway, I'll keep this brief as I'm due to go into labour any time now and I've got a few of these letters to get through. I have worked out that in the extremely unlikely event that I had managed to not have kids, or given custody to the fathers, I would have had a career earning money from an employer, rather than the CSA. Now I'm not going to lie and claim I would have set up a multi-million pound energy company, but let's say for arguments sake I earned the national average wage, which I think is reasonable, at £26,500. Now I've listened to many a bleating woman so I know that every single penny of that goes on the child, so by this calculation you owe me 18 years x £26,500, which is £477,000. A relative pittance to you, I'm sure you'll agree.

Oh, and emotional stress damages to the tune of £24.6million please. I was going to round it up to £25million but I didn't want people to think I was a gold-digging parasite.

Glad you're doing so well. xx

• Upvote 4

I wouldn't get cocky yet, Melons. She's only been given leave to appeal from reading reports. That only means there is an arguaable point, not that their Lordships will agree with it. Plenty of appeals are given leave, but ultimately lost. 

Indeed, I certainly hope that should it reach court and it is in her favour that the award is nowhere near what she is asking, merely an equivalent of what maybe the CSA payments would have been based on the time he was eligible to have paid them. Had he no record of any income ect at the time, then something be figured out to a more realistic figure. 

We both signed a some order that we can't go back at each other for money for ourselves, we can however for the children. 

I'm not taking it personally, I'm able to see her point and I agree with it, thats all. This guy escaped child support, escaped child care and all at the expense of his ex wife doing all the running, child care ect? And she can't get even a token payment back? Just for him being a cunt, I would be. I would be taking him to court for damages, the stress I'd have come under raising said child, the exhaustion, everything. I'd be the biggest cunt that walked the earth.  

From what I can make out, the kids was born in 82/83?? He started to make a mint in 96 - when the child would have still qualified for CSA but he was being a cunt, thats at least 4 years of payments owed from when he had money that he claims he paid, that she claims he didn't and there was no evidence of. Let me think how that looks? She probably did get some payments, but nowhere near the level she would have been entitled too. 

Escaped? ESCAPED? Entitled? Ha! He had nothing when they split!  

Look, men have nearly ZERO rights when it comes to children, so going on about how she's entitled to this and that is absolutely ludacris.  She's entitled to nothing, Sher.  Nothing.  

She decided to have the kid, with a guy she knew to be broke, and im sure she could fathom the possible outcomes of the decision.  You know who should be the only person able to get a bit of money off the dad? (and this is a stretch) The son.  Period. 

She's 55 now, and wants to retire, and she wants him to pay for it.  She's a fucking cunt of the highest order.  A complete grade-a Cunt. 

Escaped? ESCAPED? Entitled? Ha! He had nothing when they split!  

Look, men have nearly ZERO rights when it comes to children, so going on about how she's entitled to this and that is absolutely ludacris.  She's entitled to nothing, Sher.  Nothing.  

She decided to have the kid, with a guy she knew to be broke, and im sure she could fathom the possible outcomes of the decision.  You know who should be the only person able to get a bit of money off the dad? (and this is a stretch) The son.  Period. 

She's 55 now, and wants to retire, and she wants him to pay for it.  She's a fucking cunt of the highest order.  A complete grade-a Cunt. 

Do you not get that there's probably a parallel universe where he looks after the kid for the whole of it's life and doesn't have time to become massively wealthy because of it?

If I bring up your kid for you, freeing you up to go and do what the fuck you want, then it's not out of the question that I ask for a small slice of the proceeds of what my work allowed you to gain.

• Upvote 3

How did he go from unrighteous hippy to being worth two hundred million from windfarms. Did he design them, where was his starting capital and how much.

I think he should do the right thing do right by the mother of his child now he's in a position where he easily can. I've friends who struggle like fuck and live as frugale as possible because they took responsibility. she shouldn't get millions but a helping hand now she's on her own path.

• Upvote 3

Do you not get that there's probably a parallel universe where he looks after the kid for the whole of it's life and doesn't have time to become massively wealthy because of it?

If I bring up your kid for you, freeing you up to go and do what the fuck you want, then it's not out of the question that I ask for a small slice of the proceeds of what my work allowed you to gain.

So hypothetical land is going to be your argument? Ridiculous.  Would he need to pay her more in that parallel universe, as well? 

To be fair, this thread's largely all hypothetical or at least based on assumption without any intimate knowledge of what went on or evidence.

People just appear to be unhappy in greater numbers when negative assumptions are made about the male party.

To be fair, this thread's largely all hypothetical or at least based on assumption without any intimate knowledge of what went on or evidence.

People just appear to be unhappy in greater numbers when negative assumptions are made about the male party.

By 'thread' do you mean 'forum'?