You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

I think you'll find even the most hate-filled anti Rodgers posters on here will be fully behind the team come kick off at Stoke, or for any other fixture to be honest. The passion for the club overrides all this internet warrior nonsense.

However, if, on the other hand your admirable rallying cry was aimed at bringing unison and togetherness on the forum inparticular, forget it!

We could win the treble and you'd still get the usual supsects battling it out in faux fury at net spend and, more importantly beans on a fry up.

I wouldnt have it any other way.....

Up the anti-beanites

• Upvote 2

Gomez has looked solid, but that's against a lower level of opposition in pre-season.

Sticking a kid in for his debut at Stoke though, is a tough prospect. He'll get no protection if figures like Walters choose to take him out, and if it gets niggly I'd prefer Moreno, who looked up for a physical battle against Swindon.

Moreno's positional sense is still poor though, he turns his back on the player he's marking too many times, so I guess it's a 50-50 call. Whoever plays, they should be able to get a few crosses in against Johnson.

• Upvote 1

Wheres ilori?

Gomez has looked solid, but that's against a lower level of opposition in pre-season.

Sticking a kid in for his debut at Stoke though, is a tough prospect. He'll get no protection if figures like Walters choose to take him out, and if it gets niggly I'd prefer Moreno, who looked up for a physical battle against Swindon.

Moreno's positional sense is still poor though, he turns his back on the player he's marking too many times, so I guess it's a 50-50 call. Whoever plays, they should be able to get a few crosses in against Johnson.

Yea i agree with this mate, it is a tough call but teams seem to target Moreno's side when he plays. Gomez looks a solid player, quick, strong and can defend. Also he has composure on the ball. I would stick him in and give him a chance. 

Wheres ilori?

No idea! I think he had extra time off because of the u21 tournament and also because his wife just had a baby. Would have thought he would be back in training by now though

£80-£90m spent on defenders and keepers but its a £3m championship level 18 year old, playing against conference level players in friendlies, that is seen as the solution to our problematic full back position. Is Jeremy Beadle in the house?

Doesn't  matter how much we spent if we spunked it on shite. If Gomez is the best option then give him a go.  Christ if we picked the team in order of what they cost we would be in deep shit

Gomez has looked ace, who cares if he didn't cost twelvety million? I thought one of the criticisms of Rodgers was that he plays expensive signings at the expense of players in form or deserving of a shot in the team.

I don't think I've criticised Brendan for that as yet. I'll get back to you after Sunday's opening fixture.