You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arise Sir Jordan?

Bjornebye

The more I think about this the angrier I am. The clubs owners and manager are a fucking joke. We can all see Gerrard is not the player he was but fucking hell he is still a valuable resource in terms of his knowledge, experience and his leadership in the dressing room. 

I agree with Carra that a role should have been found for him . We waste a fortune in the transfer market and then throw away the assets we have already, The wind down to his departure will dominate the agenda and add to wreckage from the rail crash this season has become . I swear these cunts couldn't manage the proverbial piss up in a brewery 

Comparing Henderson too Gerrard is a huge huge insult, anybody seen him play recently. He was good last year, but he's gone backwards this season. We need better.

Some argue that accommodation of Gerrard is the reason behind his poor form this season. Time will tell.

Lallana or Sakho should be captain ahead of Henderson.  The problem we have is that no-one knows where Brendan's head is with regard to these players.  Henderson was made vice captain at a time when he had played well for most of a season.  Since then, he has reverted back to the 19 year old version of himself.  This may be because he has been played out opposition on occasion.  I'm still not comfortable with him captaining the team though, even if he does improve his overall performances.  I'm not sure he has the respect of his team mates, and I don't think he has the awareness or the motivational skills required.

He's got three European Cup winners medals, four League Championship medals and he was capped eight times by his country. On the downside, he had two spells at the Pit! TLW's Dave Usher chats with Reds legend David Johnson.

Click here to view the article

He was knighted for services to raping and murdering children.

And funny gaits.

Edit - meant to quote Nightcat there.

The more I think about this the angrier I am. The clubs owners and manager are a fucking joke. We can all see Gerrard is not the player he was but fucking hell he is still a valuable resource in terms of his knowledge, experience and his leadership in the dressing room.

I agree with Carra that a role should have been found for him . We waste a fortune in the transfer market and then throw away the assets we have already, The wind down to his departure will dominate the agenda and add to wreckage from the rail crash this season has become . I swear these cunts couldn't manage the proverbial piss up in a brewery

The club have said Gerrard wasnt interested in any coaching role so why are people continuing on about this?

He has no coaching or managerial experience and we have enough rookies on our management team as it is.

He's going,get over it.

Hyppia was the best captain we've had because he was calm, assured, and crucially - self confident. I see self confidence as the prime requisite for a captain and I don't see that anywhere in this squad.

Spot on about what's needed, but I don't agree that we have no players with those attributes. Lallana has them, I think he'd be a good shout for captain and his ability merits a regular start.

There's one other player who has those qualities, he hasn't been mentioned yet as a potential captain. If Sturridge could stay fit he would be a shoe-in for me. Brimming with self-belief, respected and valued by his team mates, and capable of lifting the side when things are going badly. Not massively vocal during games, but I really think if he was given the armband he'd rise to the challenge and improve on that side of things. I think his injury record would rule him out though.

• Upvote 1

Spot on about what's needed, but I don't agree that we have no players with those attributes. Lallana has them, I think he'd be a good shout for captain and his ability merits a regular start.

There's one other player who has those qualities, he hasn't been mentioned yet as a potential captain. If Sturridge could stay fit he would be a shoe-in for me. Brimming with self-belief, respected and valued by his team mates, and capable of lifting the side when things are going badly. Not massively vocal during games, but I really think if he was given the armband he'd rise to the challenge and improve on that side of things. I think his injury record would rule him out though.

Lallana may have them, but he hasn't done the time, and that may have a negative impact on more senior players who have much more LFC experience under their belts?

I think Sturridge would be a poor captain. He's a bit of a sulker at times, not to mention the injury problems.

We have no good leaders. It's Henderson by default, and that's not a good thing.