You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bring on your Manchester United....Sunday, 14 December 2014.

Nelly-Szoboszlai

I thought we didn't play that bad, we created loads of one on one chances and should have scored at least a couple.

The goals we conceded, one was offside and one was another mistake from Lovren. A new top keeper and Centre half are a must.

Criticism of Rodgers for today's performance is a little over the top imo. It was one of those games where the score line did not reflect the play.

• Upvote 5

It's fucking groundhog day . We all know we need some strikers worthy of the name and another keeper. The manager is holed below the waterline so next move down to FSG. They can't let this drift too much longer

The sooner it gets done the sooner we can go about salvaging this season, it really is delaying the inevitable, all the dead man walking posts are correct.

No way were they 3 goals better than us but the difference between us was the stark contrast in quality at either end of the pitch.

Also I`m sorry but Gerrard is totally finished at this level, we really are accommodating him now.  He just doesn`t have the flexibility of movement anymore let alone his loss of pace. players just waltz past him with ease. He needs moving on, sad but true.

Why the fuck didn`t Can get any sort of a run out when we were clearly being outmuscled in the central midfield area? he was great for an hour against Chelsea but has barely had a look in since.

On a slight positve at least Markovic showed some pace and promise again, it could be time to give him an extended run, maybe even as striker.

Balotelli just fucking does my nut in, he rarely gets into the box but looks quite good when he does, I just don`t understand why he seems so reluctant to get in there. Me biggest bugbear with him is when he loses the ball cheaply he always resorts to instantly fouling the other player. I honestly think he`s got some sort of form of autism or aspergers or something. he`s just not right.

Anyway yet another nail hammered into the Rodgers coffin, it surely can`t be to much longer before Henry slams the lid.

• Upvote 1

I thought we didn't play that bad, we created loads of one on one chances and should have scored at least a couple.

The goals we conceded, one was offside and one was another mistake from Lovren. A new top keeper and Centre half are a must.

Criticism of Rodgers for today's performance is a little over the top imo. It was one of those games where the score line did not reflect the play.

We've got a good £16million one that when fit the Manager doesn't play.  What's the point spending more money when the Manager just sits them on the bench.

Agreed, it was as painless a 3-0 loss we've ever had there.

I don't. Biggest test of his credentials in his whole career this week and he failed on every level. Ridiculous selections and substitutions in both games. Swansea is his level ;managing a small club with a small squad  . As someone said yesterday the Peter principle applies .

He has been promoted based in his success at a lower level and can't hack it at a big club when the pressure is on. FSG to blame not appointing a man with credentials at the level we aspire to .Utd made the same mistake with Moyes but whatever you think of them they quickly put it right . 

Every week we muddle a long with Rodgers now is a wasted week. 

The problem for BR is due to last seasons success and a shed load of money expectasions were very high. The problems of defence have not been  sorted Lovren a total desaster week in week out. Joe Allen far to light wieght and we don't have anyone in the squad who can score from reasonable chances never mind from the edge  of the box.

I don't. Biggest test of his credentials in his whole career this week and he failed on every level. Ridiculous selections and substitutions in both games. Swansea is his level ;managing a small club with a small squad  . As someone said yesterday the Peter principle applies .

He has been promoted based in his success at a lower level and can't hack it at a big club when the pressure is on. FSG to blame not appointing a man with credentials at the level we aspire to .Utd made the same mistake with Moyes but whatever you think of them they quickly put it right . 

Two points away from winning the league a few months ago. I don't think he's a bad manager though his signings, Lovren in particular have let him down and will probably cost him his job.

The problem for BR is due to last seasons success and a shed load of money expectasions were very high. The problems of defence have not been  sorted Lovren a total desaster week in week out. Joe Allen far to light wieght and we don't have anyone in the squad who can score from reasonable chances never mind from the edge  of the box.

We didn't win anything last season!! Success is not coming second although he did better than i expected last season, however he hasn't rectified the deficiencies that were the cause of our lack of success and we have got worse and worse. If we lose to Arsenal and we probably will, we are in a relegation fight. If you don't think we are bad enough for that scenario, think back to Palace and QPR games. We are fucking dreadful.

Two points away from winning the league a few months ago. I don't think he's a bad manager though his signings, Lovren in particular have let him down and will probably cost him his job.

Yes and he should have seen us home but what is apparent is how much Suarez and to some extent Sturridge masked his shortcomings . You really do defend from the front in modern football . Having strikers that put the fear of God through defenses change tho whole dynamic of the game. The opposition sits deeper m you don't get pressed in the middle of the park and you punish mistakes. Substitute Suarez for Sterling today and we would have won, Most managers don't have a Suarez at their disposal and have achieve success by making their teams greater than the sum of their parts . Rodgers has failed to do that and that is why he will get sacked.  

You think United've got it right? I don't.

The result hugely flatters the mancs. It was a real shame the 2nd goal was allowed to stand, it had a big influence on the outcome.

Their keeper was MOTM. Ours was pretty shit as expected.

I have big reservations about Rodgers, this game isn't one of them.

I agree with this but its the constant shite of this season leading into this game. this was one of our better games but we still lost 3-0. Probably deserved to win infact but football is not fair sometimes and you have to have the points and performances in the bag by this stage of the season. We simply have'unt his record is worse than Moyes last season and he was gone by christmas.

You think United've got it right? I don't.

A glance at the league table would suggest otherwise

Van Gaal will get that defense sorted relatively quickly and they will be challenging for the title next season. Given the loss of Slur and the monumental fuck up appointing Moyes then I would say 1 bad season followed by a top 4 this season is getting it pretty much right