You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Meanwhile, at the Rugby....

Fugitive

Guest Pistonbroke

Coward's trick. I won't go as far to say as it handed us the game because we still had to get the job done with no creative players left, but it didn't half help. Lance Hohaia is a tough man and was itching to get back on but wasn't allowed.

At the end of the day, there's only one thing I care about:

_78160479_saints_trophy.jpg

You must be made up, I like RL but i've never actually followed a club, much prefer St Helens to those Wigan cunts though. 

Rugby league related story. I live near leigh near Wigan walked in a local newsagent that was rammed. Some little prick had told an old woman to fuck off as she was walking slow.Her husband who was in his late 70s at least cracked the prick .knocked him into a fridge with the soft drinks in. Must have hit the little bell end about five times.The fridge held him up before the old boy stepped back and let him fall. Fella called Stan Owen played for Great Britain in the 50s I found out afterwards. My dad's a rugby fan he remembered him from being a kid and said he was known even in rugby for being such a hardcase but a gentleman.Nice to see strange though that sounds.You can Google him and he is still living

• Upvote 4

Interesting that for a "mans game" that second punch was the work of a coward. The police should get involved and charge the scumbag.

He got smashed in the face lost his rag it happens,he'll regret it and get punished which he should,getting the Police involved is a bit over the top if we start going down the avenue they may as well call it a day.

He got smashed in the face lost his rag it happens,he'll regret it and get punished which he should,getting the Police involved is a bit over the top if we start going down the avenue they may as well call it a day.

Exactly. What is the world coming to if you can't legally punch a man whilst he's lying on the ground unconscious, after you've just knocked him out.

It's political correctness gone mad. 

• Upvote 3

There is no need for police involvement, he will be taken care of within the game. It's on television, he's bang to rights. The problem is if this kind of behaviour extends to local rugby pitches, and for that reason he does need to be made an example of.

Spot on the governing body will deal with it.

There is no need for police involvement, he will be taken care of within the game. It's on television, he's bang to rights. The problem is if this kind of behaviour extends to local rugby pitches, and for that reason he does need to be made an example of.

I've never understood that. Why shouldn't the police get involved? That second punch was utterly disgraceful. It was assault and the only punishment he gets us to miss a few games? He should be dragged in front of the courts and be done for assault. A suspended sentence and a criminal record as I don't think anything is achieved by jailing him, unless he's got form of course, in which case he goes down. And if it's to be dealt with internally then he should be banned for a year on no pay, minimum.

I've never understood that. Why shouldn't the police get involved? That second punch was utterly disgraceful. It was assault and the only punishment he gets us to miss a few games? He should be dragged in front of the courts and be done for assault. A suspended sentence and a criminal record as I don't think anything is achieved by jailing him, unless he's got form of course, in which case he goes down. And if it's to be dealt with internally then he should be banned for a year on no pay, minimum.

It was a good job he never smacked anyone else on the way off or you'd have asked for the death penalty.

As I remember it this resembles a friendly in the Hyde & District Sunday League. And that's from someone who was forced to retire from football due to a broken hand and displaced knuckle.

I don't think it should be handled in the courts, but if a decision is made that it is going to be handled in the courts, a line needs to be drawn first. People need to know what the repercussions are. It's become custom and practise that fights happen in certain sports such as ice hockey, both codes of rugby etc. If we are suddenly going to get the law involved then people should be given fair warning.

Where do you draw the line though? I mean, if a footballer makes a tackle and misses the ball but takes the man, should he be taken through the courts for common assault?

As I remember it this resembles a friendly in the Hyde & District Sunday League. And that's from someone who was forced to retire from football due to a broken hand and displaced knuckle.

Unless you are a goalkeeper you need to man up! You don't play with your hands.

Not sure a poorly timed tackle can be equated with punching a semi conscious player who is lying on the floor on his back.

This was assault and a shithouse trick. It overstepped the mark by a long shot.

I didn't say it could. I said where do you draw the line?

Not sure a poorly timed tackle can be equated with punching a semi conscious player who is lying on the floor on his back.This was assault and a shithouse trick. It overstepped the mark by a long shot.

Exactly. Interesting here that the drama queens in this one are the people trying to say it'd be the end of the game if the police got involved. I don't necessarily mind the first punch (if that's the way to put it) The receiver had just forearmed the aggressor and got a proper slap for it. It was the cowardly scum trick of belting a lad who was out for the count on the ground with his hands down by his sides. He massively overstepped the mark and it needs to be dealt with. If it turns out the lad in the ground had a broken eye-socket and couldn't play again! would people's opinions change then?

No I'm not- he'll get made an example of and he should do by his governing body and Police involvment should'nt be anywhere near.

And I think because of that second punch that there is a case for police involvement. It doesn't make your death penalty comment any less daft and very typically 'internetty'