You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

FSG trying to do things on the cheap as usual.

Lallana, Moreno, Markovic, Carroll, Suarez, Downing, Henderson, Allen, Borini, Sakho, Lovren etc weren't cheap!

Would love Lavezzi and Lacazette, but can't shake the feeling that the club aren't even considering that calibre of player, it really pisses me off when there's quality players available for reasonable prices yet we try be cute and think we're the dogs bollix for trying to get delph for 7 million.

We're after Matthew Ryan, Australia's first choice goalie who plays in Belgium. Watched him a lot for Australia's and he's decent with his feet but way too short to be a top goalie. FSG trying to do things on the cheap as usual.

He's worth getting just as a shouting coach. Never shuts up organizing his defenders. Might make CB given our usual round hole, square peg policy

He's had a great Asian cup so far too. A couple of really important saves against Oman (yes.. i know it's just Oman) to get help Australia through.

That save at the start of the game was phenomenal.

It'd be interesting though, would he be an automatic first choice keeper for a club like Liverpool? As playing regularly (and doing well) in Belgium is exactly what put him ahead of Langerak, Schwarzer (who was first choice for Australia until he took up the benchwarmer spot at Chelsea) and even Jones, I suppose. 

I love what Postecoglou is doing, and one absolute non-negotiable with him is that players that want to be part of the national team need to be playing regularly and well for their respective clubs. Such a breath of fresh air after years of watching Lucas Neill lose form as he chased short-term stints for $$$ all over the place. 

• Upvote 1

Delph, yeah. Great. With only a few months on his contract who else is in for him? I guarantee a year from now we will be bemoaning the fact we've bought someone worse than Lucas if we end up with him. He's 25 plays for Villa and he's done fuck all. Its just another Joe Allen not the next Gerrard.

• Upvote 1

Not seen him but read he just about scrapes 6ft. Far too short and would be targeted by all the alehouse teams in the league

Mike Tyson isn't 6ft and he regularly beasted guys much bigger.

"It's not the size of the man in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the man"

I know it's a different scenario altogether but the point is valid, if he has the mentality to be superior, his stature is secondary. Look at Barcelona. Generally lacking in height but a born to win mentality. I know nothing about this guy but I wouldn't disregard him on the basis of his height and possibility of being targeted by pub players.

And he did spend most of his career playing against pub league players in Australia and did ok.

However, I only know him from the Mariners games a couple of years back. I thought he was really good for a young keeper but promptly forgot about him once he went abroad.

He's a good keeper from what I've seen - the kind of keeper that any top club needs as their number two.

I don't think we will spend much - I think the owners are going to sit on the fence and see if Brendan can turn it around between now and the end of the season and then decide whether to stay with him or sack him. Personally, I think that if they believe in him then they need to back him and give him the funds - we are in 3 cup competitions and  few points off their beloved top 4. Anyhow, despite what Ayre says, I still feel that while they aren't going to run the club into the ground, they would sell us in a heartbeat and I'm not sure they will ever invest in us massively while they are here - alot said about how much we spent in the summer which is a valid point, but 75 million of that came from the sale of Luis so the net spend wasn't too massive for a top club.

Even in our worst period several weeks ago, I felt that alot of his signings would come good and now Can, Moreno and Markovic are showing me that they can be excellent players for us, even if they will continue to make errors and be raw. His problem is that Lovren who was the most important signing of the summer is a donkey and Mario has been shite and we miss Danny something awful. I have major reservations about Brendan's abilities to organise the team defensively.

If you could mix Rafa with Brendan, then you would have some coach.

Anyhow, Arbeloa, Lavezzi and Lacazette for me this window and assess the options in the summer.

Udinese have announced that Luis Muriel will remain at the club until the end of the season after the Colombian international's transfer toSampdoria collapsed. 

Both clubs agreed a 15m euros transfer deal last week that would see the 23-year-old forward move permanently to the Genoa outfit. As part of the deal, Italian centre-back Andrea Coda was also set to join Sampdoria from Udinese.

Offer them 10mil euros and Ballotelli??