You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ebay wankers.

withnail71

• 4 months later...

Sold some trainees a couple of weeks back and just received this email off PayPal.

Dear J.C

We're writing to let you know that one of your buyers opened a chargeback with their card issuer. The buyer stated that they did not authorise this purchase.

Here are the details of this case:

Buyer's name: Cunty cuntface

Buyer's email:

Buyer's transaction ID:

Transaction date: 21 June 2015

Transaction amount: £103.89 GBP

Disputed amount: £103.89 GBP

If you've any information to help us dispute this chargeback with the card issuer, please log in to your PayPal account and go to the Resolution Centre to provide it.

Please submit your response within the next 10 calendar days. The timeframes for responding to chargebacks are determined by the card issuer.

If we don't receive your documentation within the required timeframe, we may not be able to dispute this chargeback with the card issuer.

Thank you for your patience.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

Not really to sure what to do? Bit paranoid that the buyer will send me back some pony trabs and I get fucked in the ass in the process?

What d'yers think?

The buyer stated that they did not authorise this purchase.

If it was sent to a confirmed address then you should be covered by the seller protection policy.

If not, PayPal will try to shaft you. And win unless you fight.

I sold a portable video player years ago (way before phones could play decent videos) and it was bought with a stolen credit card. I was 17 at the time I think, and used my Dads account. I didnt notice that it wasn't a confirmed address and as such I wasn't covered. Paypal took the £180 off me. My Dad covered it for me as he felt sorry for me as I had been shafted a bit. He tried to fight with PayPal but their small print was pretty cuntish and after a while it just wasn't worth the stress. Although he covered it for me, the guilt was enough of a lesson in itself.

In short, PayPal are cunts.

• Upvote 1

Aye, sent it to the confirmed address & got proof of postage. Only sold about 5 things on eBay and this is the second time it's gone tits up. Just not worth the hassle.

Just respond as soon as you can with the info you have and request that they tell you what else they need. And itll be done automatically though email etc, but keep a record of all your communications with them. Dates and times of phone calls. Although I remember it was easier to get Santa on the phone than PayPal.

• Upvote 1

Genuinely don't know how you guys can manage to hit so many problems. 

List > Buyer > Check Buyer Creds > Check Buyer feedback > Happy with buyer > Proceed > Send signed for > Don't leave feedback until seller has item/is happy/left good feedback. 

Done. 

Just got a bunch of Stephen King hard cover classics for a great price. What is proper annoying though is when you pay for something the minute you confirm the purchase, yet the seller holds back on feedback until you've left it for them. 

• Upvote 2

Just got a bunch of Stephen King hard cover classics for a great price. What is proper annoying though is when you pay for something the minute you confirm the purchase, yet the seller holds back on feedback until you've left it for them.

Being a good buyer is about more than just paying for the thing, they also have an obligation to allow you to resolve any issues. If I've ever sold something, I don't leave feedback until it's been left for me. Because if someone leaves anything other than a positive for me without trying to resolve any issues then they are not worthy of positive feedback from me.

• Upvote 1

Only cunt sellers.

As a seller, I leave feedback for buyers within 30 seconds of them paying.

• Upvote 2

Only cunt sellers.

As a seller, I leave feedback for buyers within 30 seconds of them paying.

So you don't see feedback as some kind of revenge tool then, to be held over the heads of people who might upset you? No wonder you have so many reps - people probably see you as a thoroughly decent chap

I wait for buyers to leave feedback first (give them say 14 days, if they haven't left any I take the plunge and leave feedback ).  If I leave feedback first and they're even the slightest bit unhappy I run the risk of getting negative feedback.  

EDIT: what Stronts said.