You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Moreno

WhiskeyJar

Can't see beyond the ball he let drop thinking it would bounce out but their player just controlled it. If the player was anyone of decent quality, he'd have punished us for that.

Let off too easily by Hoff. Wouldn't say Moreno is completely to blame. Does make me shit out my fucking insides watching him like.

I'm as willing as anyone to see if a player can turn over a new leaf so I watched carefully to see if he really is 100% better. Verdict?

Nope, nope nope.

Lots of space left it wide open down his side. Switching off at crucial defensive moments could have cost us another goal or two. He did show some pace on the overlap, but there's just not enough there. TAA is a few years younger and still raw himself, but one lad looks like a real player and the other does not.

No hard feelings from me, but we should sell and get Milner back at left back with a Robertson to try to stake a claim. Sell Moreno.

I'm as willing as anyone to see if a player can turn over a new leaf so I watched carefully to see if he really is 100% better. Verdict?

Nope, nope nope.

Lots of space left it wide open down his side. Switching off at crucial defensive moments could have cost us another goal or two. He did show some pace on the overlap, but there's just not enough there. TAA is a few years younger and still raw himself, but one lad looks like a real player and the other does not.

No hard feelings from me, but we should sell and get Milner back at left back with a Robertson to try to stake a claim. Sell Moreno.

Sums it up very well, get rid. And big question marks on Klopp if he keeps playing him, cause that will cost us.

• 1 month later...

Seems like we're stuck with this guy for the foreseeable future. Signing a new LB that isnt even good enough to be on the bench doesnt really help either. Sigh...

What!? The lad was only signed a few weeks ago and because he hasnt made every match day squad despite playing a few games, he isnt even good enough? No wonder some people are saying the same about Ox Chambers since he's mainly been a sub and only started the LC game at Leicester.

People want a strong squad and when we strengthen it, they then say someone who isnt in a squad is now not good enough? What a crazy world.

I like the attitude he expressed about fighting for his place. That's the right sort of character we need. However, there are obvious massive question marks over his ability as a player. Fast, lots of stamina, can overlap and offer an outlet. No problem saying any of that as it's true. Equally true is that defensively he is very poor, often switching off, or getting on the wrong side, or tackling funny, or just generally doing stuff that looks anything but solid.

We are not nearly good enough to have a defender in the back four who struggles with the basics of defending, no matter what he offers going forward.

What!? The lad was only signed a few weeks ago and because he hasnt made every match day squad despite playing a few games, he isnt even good enough? No wonder some people are saying the same about Ox Chambers since he's mainly been a sub and only started the LC game at Leicester.

People want a strong squad and when we strengthen it, they then say someone who isnt in a squad is now not good enough? What a crazy world.

Don't fight it Jim, just go with the narrative. The squad is shit, the players are shit, the tactics are shit, the manager is shit, the midfield is shit. Everything is shit. Don't fight it, embrace the negativity. It's all the rage.

With bad team performances and seemingly strange decision to bring him back into the starting line up I think everyone has just been expecting him to be complete shit. In reality he's actually been good. I can't think of many individual errors from him costing us goals. I think Dave was half putting the blame on him for not getting goal side when Lovren missed the ball for Sevillas goal.

Obviously everyone is expecting (knows) he's going to have some of his brain farts at some point soon and comments like this don't help. I personally think for that reason Robertson should be getting a run of starts in the league but when Moreno starts it's not the panic it once was.