You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

Brendan spent a fortune on him, so he obviously does. Something dodgy going on though. I fear Brendan may be going through some sort of crisis this season.

Brendan reckons he has the final say on transfers but what really goes on behind closed doors is anyone's guess. The whole transfer commitee thing is as clear as mud.

• Upvote 2

Has anyone criticised Skrtel for missing the header before Everton's equaliser yesterday?

'Cause I'm fairly sure Sakho would've been ripped to pieces if he'd done it.

Yeah, but Sakho is everyone's escaped goat this season, he also started the ebola outbreak and is the leader of the I.S in Iraq.

Our failures are nothing to do with Brendan obviously.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Has anyone criticised Skrtel for missing the header before Everton's equaliser yesterday?

'Cause I'm fairly sure Sakho would've been ripped to pieces if he'd done it.

There is a fuck load that happens to Skrtel and After that would have lead to Sakho being ripped. It really has very little to do with Sakho. He's a top footballer. Be did make mistake that lead to a goal the other day, though. It's not the end of the world, because we had conceded.goals before the came on.

My biggest issue with the last two goals we've conceded is the midfield not collecting second balls. Lovren made a quality header yesterday but nobody is in midfield to pick it up. So, we either sort that out or we expect defenders to be able to head out to the opposition 18 yard box.

• Upvote 1

If Carragher was on here he would be called a kneejerk so and so. This was prior to the Everton game.

Think about it: Sami Hyypia and Didi Hamann on to Alonso, Fernando Torres, Javier Mascherano, Suarez and even Daniel Sturridge — they were all doing the business almost as soon as they walked through the door. Those who struggled in their first season very rarely turned it around in their second year.

I know it’s early days but, when you have spent £38m on defenders like Dejan Lovren and Mamadou Sakho, you don’t want to be hearing about settling in. You want instant results but Liverpool are shipping goals.

Lovren was brought in to add leadership at the back but Liverpool actually look worse defensively than they did last season. Sakho doesn’t fill you with confidence when you watch him and nor does the goalkeeper, Simon Mignolet. They need to step it up urgently.

Rodgers had the good fortune last season of injuries not making much impact on his team but, with a bigger fixture list, he had to invest to bring in numbers and quality. Of those who have come in only Alberto Moreno, the young Spanish left back, has impressed me so far

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2771118/JAMIE-CARRAGHER-Liverpool-poor-season-need-step-intensity-Merseyside-derby.html#ixzz3EabpxAri
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Last season when Rodgers said our defensive errors was down to personnel and not the way the team was sent out to play, I questioned that. It can't only be down to lack of focus in the dying seconds of a game that we were shipping goals. I still question it now as to why he's laid the blame squarely on the defence. He has to accept some responsibility: it's his team. Not just the attacking prowess we showed last season, but the back problems as well. Did he buy the wrong personnel? Why is Lovren apparently not leading the back line when he was presumably brought in to do just that? Sakho looks assured whenever he plays alongside Varane for France. Are the defenders really that bad, or does it not help that the back (with the exception of Manquillo) changes regularly?

Last season, we had something like 8 different defenders in the first 10 games. This season, mostly due to injury, we've had a changed back line for all but 3 matches in all competitions. Why isn't Sakho getting a game in the Derby? Is it because he's played 3 consecutive games and is being rested? Is Lovren a better option in certain games? If so, why isn't the manager communicating that to his players? Or is Sakho overreacting?

I would like the manager to try bringing in a more defensive-minded coach to work with our back line because I have doubts about his own defensive tactical strategy; from how we set up, to why personnel are being added or dropped with no explicit rationale. Someone like Steve Clarke - although he's probably after a managerial position. But I think Rodgers is convinced it's them and not him, when it could be a bit of both.

My biggest issue with the last two goals we've conceded is the midfield not collecting second balls. Lovren made a quality header yesterday but nobody is in midfield to pick it up. So, we either sort that out or we expect defenders to be able to head out to the opposition 18 yard box.

Correct.  Guess what player was actually tracking back to challenge for balls in that area Yesterday.  Balotelli.

If Carragher was on here he would be called a kneejerk so and so. This was prior to the Everton game.

Think about it: Sami Hyypia and Didi Hamann on to Alonso, Fernando Torres, Javier Mascherano, Suarez and even Daniel Sturridge — they were all doing the business almost as soon as they walked through the door. Those who struggled in their first season very rarely turned it around in their second year.

I know it’s early days but, when you have spent £38m on defenders like Dejan Lovren and Mamadou Sakho, you don’t want to be hearing about settling in. You want instant results but Liverpool are shipping goals.

Lovren was brought in to add leadership at the back but Liverpool actually look worse defensively than they did last season. Sakho doesn’t fill you with confidence when you watch him and nor does the goalkeeper, Simon Mignolet. They need to step it up urgently.

Rodgers had the good fortune last season of injuries not making much impact on his team but, with a bigger fixture list, he had to invest to bring in numbers and quality. Of those who have come in only Alberto Moreno, the young Spanish left back, has impressed me so far

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2771118/JAMIE-CARRAGHER-Liverpool-poor-season-need-step-intensity-Merseyside-derby.html#ixzz3EabpxAri

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I know there are exceptions to every rule but I dont fully agree with that. nasri for example took a year to find his feet. im sure there are more.

Why isn't Sakho getting a game in the Derby? Is it because he's played 3 consecutive games and is being rested? Is Lovren a better option in certain games? If so, why isn't the manager communicating that to his players? Or is Sakho overreacting?

My guesses are because he's not very good, dropped not rested, Lovren better option in every game and Sakho spit the dummy out. 

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Is this the sort of crisis where he drops Sakho and the defence instantly looks better?

Instantly? As in, concedes two goals in about 7 minutes? Yeah, good one TK.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I was referring to yesterday's game

Yeah, I know what you were referring to. You made the point that dropping Sakhoo instantly improved the defence. It didn't. Hope this helps.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It did yesterday.

Not really. We've performed as well as that defensively with Sakho in the side. Actually, I don't have too much of an issue with the defensive five as a unit this season. The midfield aren't giving them enough protection and they're not keeping the ball well enough in times of danger, and our attack has been soft as shit. You need to stop listening to the commentary, TK.