You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

If he was does Jagielka wander up the pitch to score a worldie?

Correct.  This is the point most seem to have dismissed with Mario's performance yesterday.  He tracked back, broke up play and held the ball right until he was taken off.  Of course he should have done better attacking wise though and I expect that to come.

I still don't know why he was subbed, baffling decision.

Listen, can you calm down everyone? We're all friends here.

Our defensive issues are not consumed in Sakho or Lovren. We have analysed this bit about million times. Do you really believe that Agger, Moreno, Carragher, Sakho and the rest are shite defenders? Because since Rodgers took over and he trained them or signed them, they've looked pretty SHITE.

It is our whole set up and our tactics.

Having said that, I think Mignolet is not good enough and that Agger is better than all of our defenders except Sakho. I think Sakho is the our best defender since Hyppia.

• Upvote 1

2013/2014

Skrtel + Sakho = 1.5 goals per game (17 games)

Skrtel + Agger = 1 goal per game (12 games)

Anyone + Sakho = calamity (every game)

Are we not talking about this season? We conceded 3 against City this season. No Sakho.

I don't know what significance the 2013/2014 season has with regards recent defensive performances, in general, and Sakho in particular.

Exactly Lizzie.

We've changed about 234 defenders and we still can't defend. Most of the defenders we've used/signed were top class.

Whoever thinks that Agger or Sakho or Moreno are shite, need his head checking.

I don't think people realised enough, how much did the defence costed us last season. There is something deeply flawed in our system/tactics. I don't think selling Sakho will be addressed.

One thing I would do though in terms of personnel and not tactics, is change the Goalkeeper to see if it makes a difference. 

Are we not talking about this season? We conceded 3 against City this season. No Sakho.

I don't know what significance the 2013/2014 season has with regards recent defensive performances, in general, and Sakho in particular.

Fair enough.  As far as this season goes I think we look better without Sakho in the team, regardless of what happened at Man City.  He's now fourth choice and throwing strops, it's not exactly going well for him is it?  Or am I missing something?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Can't be arsed reading the whole thread but I hope we are all blaming Sakho for Jagielka's equaliser yesterday.

He was nowhere to be seen. Scandalous.

It has got to the point where I wouldn't be surprised to see somebody like TK - exposed on here as somebody who doesn't even always watch our games - said something like that. Farcical in here at the moment.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Fair enough.  As far as this season goes I think we look better without Sakho in the team, regardless of what happened at Man City.  He's now fourth choice and throwing strops, it's not exactly going well for him is it?  Or am I missing something?

As per usual, yes.

Listen, can you calm down everyone? We're all friends here.

Our defensive issues are not consumed in Sakho or Lovren. We have analysed this bit about million times. Do you really believe that Agger, Moreno, Carragher, Sakho and the rest are shite defenders? Because since Rodgers took over and he trained them or signed them, they've looked pretty SHITE.

It is our whole set up and our tactics.

Having said that, I think Mignolet is not good enough and that Agger is better than all of our defenders except Sakho. I think Sakho is the our best defender since Hyppia.

Nightcat, the voice of reason.

• Upvote 2

Pretty sick of how much we're spending on players that the manager barely needs 10 or so games for him not to rate. It's bizarre when you consider all the costs we've been trying to scrimp on such as the going rate of wages for peak-age players.

But was he a transfer committee buy or one that rodgers wanted? Either way, Im not convinced by sakho one bit. He looks an accident waiting to happen or plays shit balls like the one to Gerrard vs chelsea last season.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

We've played six games, our goal difference is  -1 and none of our new signings look value for money. Long, long way to go but stranger things happen at clubs on the slide.

Could the curse or a new contract and huge transfer kitty strike again......

I'd also like to blame Sakho for the collision between Lovren and Balotelli yesterday. I'm not sure if it would have been a shot on target if one of them actually got a proper header on the ball, rather than each other , but seeing as its always Sakho's fault when he and Lovren collide- I see no reason not to blame him for this one either.