You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call Of Duty - 2014 Reveal

Allan

Double XP over this weekend. Won't get online on Saturday, so will have to put some time in on Sunday after I wake up post night shift.

Also, if you're signed up to the new AW app, then let us know and I'll drop you an invite to the (TNF) clan. The app said I left the previous clan, TLW_TNF, so I've started this new one.

Anything to get that little extra XP...

Just went on and played a TDM without playing the campaign. Got the match winning kill and finished up with a score of 10-5.

Very early feel/impression? Did you play the standard TDM (jumpy boosty one), or the classic, (non-jumpy boosty one)?

I'll be on in a bit. Still looking through the app to send you an invite, though I can't find you in the player search...

I don't like it at all so far. I quit because it was pissing me off so much. Feels like I'm the only guy in a lobby who doesn't know the maps too.

But emptying a full clip of my s12 into someone's back and the opponent turns around and kills me was the final straw. Might give it another bash later, but I think I'll use that combat training thingy before I go back to multiplayer.

• Upvote 1

I don't like it at all so far. I quit because it was pissing me off so much. Feels like I'm the only guy in a lobby who doesn't know the maps too.

But emptying a full clip of my s12 into someone's back and the opponent turns around and kills me was the final straw. Might give it another bash later, but I think I'll use that combat training thingy before I go back to multiplayer.

The shotguns in this are woeful, I wouldn't bother even attempting use them until they've been buffed in a future patch. In fact, don't bother with a secondary at all. Just fill up your perks and primary attachments.

I would recommend using the AK12, and whack a foregrip on it just as soon as you unlock it.

Perk wise, Low Profile and Toughness are a must, a toss up between Peripherals and Blind Eye until you unlock the perk 2 greed wildcard.

If you're just playing classic TDM, don't bother with the exo stuff, classic is almost back to full on camp fest. They are just a distraction in classic, in my opinion. All you need is a primary, some perks and whatever scorestreaks you prefer.

You have to play it real slow and stick to the edges of the map. As soon as you venture into the centre, you're dead in the water as there are so many lines of sight.

Once you've more comfortable with the maps, then it's worth trying some other weapons/loadouts.

• Upvote 1

The shotguns in this are woeful, I wouldn't bother even attempting use them until they've been buffed in a future patch. In fact, don't bother with a secondary at all. Just fill up your perks and primary attachments.

I would recommend using the AK12, and whack a foregrip on it just as soon as you unlock it.

Perk wise, Low Profile and Toughness are a must, a toss up between Peripherals and Blind Eye until you unlock the perk 2 greed wildcard.

If you're just playing classic TDM, don't bother with the exo stuff, classic is almost back to full on camp fest. They are just a distraction in classic, in my opinion. All you need is a primary, some perks and whatever scorestreaks you prefer.

You have to play it real slow and stick to the edges of the map. As soon as you venture into the centre, you're dead in the water as there are so many lines of sight.

Once you've more comfortable with the maps, then it's worth trying some other weapons/loadouts.

They seem woeful, but a full clip in someones back from two yards away and no kill is farcical.

I'll have to skirt around the edge of the maps until I get to grips with it.

• Upvote 1

I popped on for an hour or so this evening, but ended up just farting around in private matches against bots, trying out a few of the weapons, attachments and all that jazz. Handy way to learn what weapon suits you, and also helps with map knowledge.

Play Online -> Private Match -> Game Setup

Everything is unlocked in private matches, so you can try out as much as you want.