You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

The standard life long fan comments

Delighted to have signed for @LFC! Its been a dream of mine from a kid! Thank you for all of the welcoming messages! #YNWA ❤️

Also signed a goalie from them LawrenceVigouroux

Kevin Stewart told the official Liverpool website: 'I cannot understand the Gerrard or the Carra LOL'

• Upvote 2

So has this kid from Spurs been signed to go into the first team, or is he another who'll rot in the reserves and get released to Preston/Wolves etc in a year or two?

the latter

De Jong to NUFC and Tadic (8mil!) to Southampton are very good transfers, told u Koeman will now just raid Eredivisie and Bundesliga for quality players without paying ridiculous money after those mad Lallana & Shaw deals. Oh well..

• Upvote 1

the latter

De Jong to NUFC and Tadic (8mil!) to Southampton are very good transfers, told u Koeman will now just raid Eredivisie and Bundesliga for quality players without paying ridiculous money after those mad Lallana & Shaw deals. Oh well..

You seem to know a lot, I'd like to subscribe to your news letter so I can get my regular dose of negativity before anybody else. 

• Upvote 4

We have signed Lambert and Lallana. 

Utd have signed Shaw and Herrera. 

Who looks to have signed the better pair? 

Not an entirely fair comparison. A back up striker, and whatever Lallana is with a left back and an attacking central midfielder.

Bit worried we've spent a decent wedge on players who won't improve the first team but if we sign Sanchez I'll Spiderman my own face.

Everything looks better if we're able to bring in Sanchez.

I'd still love a top-class centre back to come in but it looks like we're set on Lovren.

That's the thing though isn't it(Sanchez), let's be honest Utd arnt finished shopping yet and I seriously hope we arnt either, that's not even factoring in any Suarez funds/players we might receive.

'Kinell. Maybe this 200m war chest wasn't bollocks after all

I think anyone who thought they wouldn't spend is in for a shock.

I also think their's a certain amount of complacency that has crept into our support after one good season.

How old is he? Utd were always going to strengthen even more so with a top quality manager. They are still a draw for players, they have cash, have a good manager and still considered a big side. One season out of Europe is fine what we needed was a slow death with moyes in it for the long haul setting the rot in and causing long term damage.

They will be back among the top 4 in my opinion with us arsenal and them fighting it out.

We should be ok, should we lose Suarez and fail to get a suitable replacements then I do worry our fans expectations and the reality of our overachievement last season may be our own downfall.