You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

This World Cup has shown up the tremendous Bounty of available players worldwide.

I think it's been relatively poor and most of the players might be new to the general public but many have been hyped for a while.

We've seen a few teams playing well collectively but broken down there aren't many you'd take from the more unfancied nations.

I think it's been relatively poor and most of the players might be new to the general public but many have been hyped for a while.

We've seen a few teams playing well collectively but broken down there aren't many you'd take from the more unfancied nations.

But.. it was a choccy joke....never mind..

• Upvote 2

I like it.

You had to look hard but it is definitely there.

• Upvote 3

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Can't get away from these fucking lidl hipsters anywhere...

I don't think I've ever been into Aldi or Lidl. Their customers never seem to shut up about the place, though. My sister uses one of them. I can't have her over without her banging on about how much her weekly shop is.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers admits he is closing in on his third signing of the summer, but would not confirm whether Adam Lallana would be following former Southampton team-mate Rickie Lambert to Anfield.

Sky Sports sources expect England midfielder Lallana to complete his move from St Mary's in the next 24 hours after the two Premier League clubs agreed a fee of around £25m.

The Reds have also agreed a deal in principle with Bayer Leverkusen to sign 20-year-old Germany U21 midfielder Emre Can, but Rodgers is hopeful Lallana can help improve the squad who finished runners-up in the top-flight last season.

Rodgers, speaking after being presented with an honorary degree by the University of Ulster, told Sky Sports News: "I think there has been a lot of work that has been done.

"We've targeted players, we've signed some and we'll have more signings to come over the course of the pre-season. The idea is by the end of August we'll have the squad together and it will be a really exciting time for us next season."

Brendan Rodgers

"If you look at us as a club, we haven't been resting over the course of the off-season, a lot of great work has gone on.

"We've targeted players, we've signed some and we'll have more signings to come over the course of the pre-season. The idea is by the end of August we'll have the squad together and it will be a really exciting time for us next season.

"Next season will be equally as tough, we knew it would be tough, we had an incredible performance level and we'll have players who want to prove themselves and the beauty is that we as a club will improve too.

"We've a lot of young players who will have gained experience last season and we will bring in more players with added quality so we will also improve as well and that's something I'm really looking forward to seeing."

Asked if Lallana was the signing he would be bringing in next, Northern Irishman Rodgers said: "I wouldn't tell you.

"I would love to stand here and tell you... we still have signings to make to ensure we have the squad strength to cope.

"Oviously returning to the Champions League is fantastic for the club and for the supporters but we're in four competitions next season and we want to do really well and that's going to take a few more signings to bring in and as soon as we sign them you will know."