You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Making of the Mob (2015)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4484722/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

8 part docudrama focusing on the birth of the mafia in New York in the 20s. 

Narrated by Ray Liotta and featuring some great talking heads including Selywn Robb (cheers for the recommend on his book GF) and a few other familiar faces. 

Decent watch so far. 

7/10

Second series focuses on Chicago.

i finished the serial killers wife, which was pretty good. a 7.5/10. for me the only thing that spoilt it was there was a bit of the "mystery" i thought they gave away a bit early and i saw it coming. 

and did anyone else see it? i thought it seemed set up as a mini series, but the little bit after the end, made me think they have set up a season 2. 

Fool Me Once - 4/10. Netflix series based on a novel of the same name. Good British cast but an absolutely preposterous convergence of events has you shaking your head in despair.

Someone should write a decent action heroine part for Michelle Keegan as she’d be good at it. Fit as fuck as well.

On 01/01/2024 at 16:47, manwiththestick said:

Just seen that the TV show Loudermilk is now on Netflix.

If you've not seen it, I'd recommend it.

I've watched 3 episodes now and it's great.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Anubis said:

Fool Me Once - 4/10. Netflix series based on a novel of the same name. Good British cast but an absolutely preposterous convergence of events has you shaking your head in despair.

Someone should write a decent action heroine part for Michelle Keegan as she’d be good at it. Fit as fuck as well.

Im 4 episodes in. I thought it started quite well, but does seem to be drifting in the direction you have described.

21 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

there's a couple of news stories out there saying slow horses has been renewed for season 5. no mention at all of a 6th season, although up to now they have filmed seasons back to back. this one will be based on the "London Rules" book. 

Just about to start that book, once i've finished this. 610yQkYCNmL._SL1000_.jpg

2 hours ago, Total Longo said:

Just about to start that book, once i've finished this. 610yQkYCNmL._SL1000_.jpg

pfft. reading books. it'll be months before i will get around to that when i am on holiday. can't remember last time i was able to get the concentration to be allowed to read properly when it wasn't a holiday. 

On 03/01/2024 at 20:50, Anubis said:

I’ve read all the Harlan Coben books and while some of the plots are outlandish I think you can get away with it to an extent in a book as it’s clearly fiction, every single time I’ve watched one of these shows based on a book I’ve hated it. 
Maybe because it’s on screen it should be more realistic. 

Anyway yeah I’m about 5 episodes in and it’s ridiculous but Mrs TheBitch wants to watch it to the end even though I’ve told her it’s the same as the other ones she’s watched and it’s shite. 

11 hours ago, TheBitch said:

I’ve read all the Harlan Coben books and while some of the plots are outlandish I think you can get away with it to an extent in a book as it’s clearly fiction, every single time I’ve watched one of these shows based on a book I’ve hated it. 
Maybe because it’s on screen it should be more realistic. 

Anyway yeah I’m about 5 episodes in and it’s ridiculous but Mrs TheBitch wants to watch it to the end even though I’ve told her it’s the same as the other ones she’s watched and it’s shite. 

I totally agree regarding Harlan Coben's books being crap screenplays. There was another starring Michael C Hall and the beautiful Audrey Fleurot and it was awful.

I watched the first episode of Mr Bates vs The Post Office last night. 

Obviously a dramatised version of real events, but it brings to life the despicable behaviour of the PO and the terrible impact it had (and still has) on so many people. 

Toby Jones is his usual excellent self as Mr Bates, and there are many well known faces in the supporting cast.

It’s nice to see Amy Nuttall in this, although it’s nice to see Amy Nuttall in anything. 

Some nice vistas of the Welsh landscape as an additional plus, and the house Mr Bates lives in would do for me. 

My Aunt and Uncle ran a village Post Office but retired before this scandal reared its ugly head. To think that they could have been caught up in it, is unthinkable. 

The world needs more Mr Bates. 

7.5/10. 

34 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Obviously a dramatised version of real events, but it brings to life the despicable behaviour of the PO and the terrible impact it had (and still has) on so many people. 

Toby Jones is his usual excellent self as Mr Bates, and there are many well known faces in the supporting cast.

It’s nice to see Amy Nuttall in this, although it’s nice to see Amy Nuttall in anything. 

Some nice vistas of the Welsh landscape as an additional plus, and the house Mr Bates lives in would do for me. 

My Aunt and Uncle ran a village Post Office but retired before this scandal reared its ugly head. To think that they could have been caught up in it, is unthinkable. 

7.5/10. 

Amy Nuttall in nothing at all may be even nicer?

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

7.5/10. 

We binge watched all four episodes last night.

Fuck it made me angry.

The shit those poor people have had to endure from those bastards is off the scale.

Yet another national disgrace.

The missus watched a few of episodes of that Michelle Keegan show the other night whilst I was watching footy on the tablet.  I knew it was from that Harlen Coben so as someone already mentioned, it's an automatic swerve, the shows are either very predictable, far fetched or both.

A couple of people in work were talking about it in work the following day as they had both watched it all and they were trying to to do spoilers in case I had not seen it. I told them not to worry as I won't watch it and based on the brief bits I'd seen of the three episodes the wife binged I predicted that ***** killed the husband. I was right.