You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

True Detective.

Kevin D

Think the opening of this episode was a cop out but I am one of the few people who like Colin Farrell's work most of the time so not that bothered if he sticks around. Vince Vaughn is badly miscast though, to the point that I don't give a shit about his character.

• Upvote 1

I've been trying to work out if they could've gotten two worse big name actors in, I've come up with Nicolas Cage & Adam Sandler.

I'm going to swerve the second series & wait to see who they get in next time, probably Richard Gere & Seth Rogan knowing my luck.

Shame because the first series was as good as anything I've seen on American telly.

I've been trying to work out if they could've gotten two worse big name actors in, I've come up with Nicolas Cage & Adam Sandler.

I'm going to swerve the second series & wait to see who they get in next time, probably Richard Gere & Seth Rogan knowing my luck.

Shame because the first series was as good as anything I've seen on American telly.

Mark Wahlberg and Shia LaBeouf. 

• Upvote 1

Ronnie Corbett and David Walliams

• Upvote 1

I've mentioned it before, but the atmospherics are overdone - mumbling and darkness might be great if you have a 50'' screen, a darkened room and top-notch speakers - for me they just make it hard to follow.

I'll add that in the first season every character was pretty black & white while Rust was the only philosophical character acting like a bit of a mind fuck.

So far, each character has been philosophical. Farrell has the odd comment, Vaughn is waffling on all the time about fuck knows what, McAdams has the odd comment but isn't too bad, her Dad chats philosophical bull shit for a living etc etc.

It's like they've tried to make the whole season more Rust but only managed in losing the impact of having an out there character like that.

Overkill.