You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

True Detective.

Kevin D

Have just watched the latest offering and have to say I'm getting bored of it.

I feel as though I have to stick with it as season one was so engaging but feel no connection to any of the current cast and with such little action, baring the shoot out at the end of episode 4, find myself drifting and have it on in the background and not engrossed.

Can someone please explain why Farrel is angry with Vince?

I gather it’s summat to do with Farrel’s son, but what exactly?

The series is hard work but, on the plus side, the theme tune’s a bute.

Vince told Colin that some bloke raped his Mrs so Colin killed the guy Vince told him it was.

Turns out it wasn't the guy Vince said & poor old Colin is a bit miffed he's killed an innocent / wrong person.

I thought his from the start though, I'm sure the guy Vince pointed Colin to was some Mexican fella & I think it's highly unlikely they produce ginger kids.

• Upvote 1

"I'm Chinese."

"Well go and stand in front of a fucking tank."

Best exchange from the last episode. Still enjoying this season, started off slow but starting to take shape nicely.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Am I the only one who thinks Vince Vaughan is quite good in this? Allso his wife, who is English in real life , is delicious.

No mate, some decided he was shit beforehand.

The firsts season was genuinely good (until the last episode, which I liked but it was a cop out) and interesting. Now yeah, the second season had a level of expectation that it couldn't possibly live up to but it's been bordering on incoherent for most of it's running time. It's like someone made a rip-off of True Detective, there's no real clarity of what the crimes are and the main characters are lacking the level of interaction that season one had.

I don't think anyone, critics or general public, have overrated season one or underrated season two. It's just that season two isn't that good as a television show, let alone as a follow up to season one. The only people who are having a problem with rating this season properly are the people who are trying to convince themselves that it's good. It's average at best but Farrell and McAdams are doing the best they can, whereas Kitsch and Vaughn are drowning.

If it didn't have Season 1, and was just a new show on HBO, I would have stopped watching after this week.

I don't  mind Vaughn now, he's getting better with each episode, the thing that annoys me the most is the way they all keep referring to Casper/Kasper when I know basically nothing about this person aside from he's dead and ripped off Vaughn. It's infuriating, I don't really know why Vaughn and Farrell know each other so well either, if there's been an explanation I fucking missed it, oh and the bird getting nailed by the old cop with the leather face, c'maaaan.

I've enjoyed it so far but the last episode was a bit dull.

Glad to see Farrell stick it to the haters who said he was a crap actor.

I've never thought he was a shit actor but he's made poor career choices and he seems like a bit of a dickhead off screen.

Vaughn is no worse than the pretty boy Taylor Chintz or whatever and the female lead if also pretty shit. Kelly Reilly is playing a good part as is the Mayor.(Both are British actors too.)

Taylor Kitsch doesn't have a lot to do with his character, the problem with Vince Vaughn is that his character's story isn't good and he has to give some monologues which he doesn't deliver convincingly.