You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jon Flanagan

Jhinge Machha

I disagree. I think he has plenty of footballing ability - good touch, good passer, gets into good attacking positions - add these to his bravery and excellent attitude plus hes 20 or 21? years old. I think he has every chance.

rodgers spoke about all the leaders in the changing room before the everton game and that flanagan was very vocal too. I wonder how vocal they were before this game. they certainly didnt display the same intensity.

Agree he is good on the ball and has stood out on this area since under 18s and we can all see he has had the right attitude from day one.

As you said he gets into good attacking positions but he needs to improve his final ball, physique and positioning os what he needs to work on and also improve his consistency.

I am not fully convinced with him yet but as you say he has great potential and I reckon he can atleast be a good squad player for us in the coming years.

I think him and Sterling could make the right side their own if they keep looking after each other the way they have been lately.

Two good footballers with a good attitude. Credit the manager for giving them the confidence to kick on.

Absolutely made up with Flanagan's progress and I agree with what you say about these 2 developing an understanding. Flanagan, Sterling, Kelly, Smith, Ibe are all currently regular squad members. Add Gerrard to that and that's 6 English players who have been promoted from the youth teams and are part of a squad competing at the top level of the Premiership. Chelsea and City can't say the same.

Absolutely made up with Flanagan's progress and I agree with what you say about these 2 developing an understanding. Flanagan, Sterling, Kelly, Smith, Ibe are all currently regular squad members. Add Gerrard to that and that's 6 English players who have been promoted from the youth teams and are part of a squad competing at the top level of the Premiership. Chelsea and City can't say the same.

Yes ok Sterling was born in Jamaica and Smith brought up in Australia 

I don't usually write young players off, but I never expected Flanagano to last long here and was surprised he didn't go in the summer, even if it was just on loan, but he's proved me so wrong. He looks brilliant. He's really stepped up and he deservers a massive amount of praise.  

I don't usually write young players off, but I never expected Flanagano to last long here and was surprised he didn't go in the summer, even if it was just on loan, but he's proved me so wrong. He looks brilliant. He's really stepped up and he deservers a massive amount of praise.  

Rodgers telling him he could be as good as Lahm and letting him get on with it was inspired.  The lad has stepped up big time.

First choice now. Not the best technically, but that side of his game is coming on.

But, best thing about him for me - he's arsed. No shirking. No 75% performances. Always gives 100%. A bit of steel and determination to compliment the flair provided by others.

100% agree.

Don't want to have too much of a go at johnson but its refreshing to have someone busting a gut in that position.

A lot of credit to Rodgers on this also.