You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

I would go to different takeaways depending on what I want. I don't eat meat anymore but when I did I would use say a different one for sausages, a different one for fish, a different one for a pastie, a different one for a cheesy chip, etc. Same with Chineses - prefer a chow mein from one, but a chicken dish from another, etc.

How on earth did you keep all of it hot? I can’t bear lukewarm food.

Can you get peas?

I’d just have a whole scoop of chips and a piece of fish to myself. I’d make my own gravy, too.

Chippies down south rarely do gravy, so when I lived there I’d take my own gravy in a little flask. I was once asked to leave a fish and chip restaurant for doing so.

I'm not fucking surprised. Gravy with fish. Kinell.
  • Upvote 1

How on earth did you keep all of it hot? I can’t bear lukewarm food.

I'm not sure if you're being serious here... But... I meant on different nights depending on what took my fancy, not that I would go to different places for one night's meal... As in, tonight I fancy a fish, so I go to A. Next week I fancy something else, which I get from B, etc

I'm not sure if you're being serious here... But... I meant on different nights depending on what took my fancy, not that I would go to different places for one night's meal... As in, tonight I fancy a fish, so I go to A. Next week I fancy something else, which I get from B, etc

I was messing, mate.

I was messing, mate.

I did think so but I couldn't really resist the urge to post about my takeaway habits again tbh.

On the temperature point, I actually prefer a cheesy chip slightly cooler. Not lukewarm but not straight out of the vat either. I don't really like the cheese melting into the one big hot cheesy meld.

I've got plenty more of this, so feel free to ask away, folks.

• Upvote 1

Ha ha. Nah, a good traditional British chippy is better than a good Chinese chippy.

My first week in Newcastle I ordered a chicken fried rice in the chippy and they thought I was a madman. It's what I grew up with. Genuinely thought all chippies did it. Newcastle chippies are wank though.
  • Upvote 1

We're getting into the murky world of what is a traditional chippy tea and a Chinese meal here.

Back in the day, a traditional chippy tea round these parts was chips and something with it. A fish or pie or fishcake, (or savory cake if your a wool) Chippy tea day was always on the day my dad got paid which was in cash in one of those semi transparent wage packets with a corner missing so the notes could be counted and the coins visible.

Anyway. A mountain of bread and butter would be made up while we waited for whoever's turn it was to return from the chippy. The wrapping paper would then be split and the portions be divided.

Chip butties on a cold winters night. Food of the gods.

The price of fish has made that a luxury and the chinese dishes,which often feed more than one,have now become commonplaice.(Sea what I did there?)

My first week in Newcastle I ordered a chicken fried rice in the chippy and they thought I was a madman. It's what I grew up with. Genuinely thought all chippies did it. Newcastle chippies are wank though.

I've been to Newcastle numerous times, but can't recall ever having had anything from a chippy there. I once had cheesy chips in Sunderland, which I wasn't keen on. Strange, as I like chips and I like cheese.

Yeah. They should stick to women's things, like programmes about ironing and washing dishes.

If we let them on Football Focus, they'll be wanting the vote next.

Fuck I wouldn't go as far as that mate, are you Victorian ? Though irritating they are on Footy commentary etc.Women jockeys are pretty good though.

I did think so but I couldn't really resist the urge to post about my takeaway habits again tbh.

On the temperature point, I actually prefer a cheesy chip slightly cooler. Not lukewarm but not straight out of the vat either. I don't really like the cheese melting into the one big hot cheesy meld.

I've got plenty more of this, so feel free to ask away, folks.

As long as you steer clear of talking about crisps I’m happy for you to carry on.

Yep. Lived there for 5 years. Awful.

My mate moved from there recently. The day after they moved their alky neighbour who had tried raping a woman over the road was found dead on his step.

Fucksake that's bad. About 4 years ago I was in the Solly and had enough got a cab back to a mates on Sandy Rd where I was staying, on the way back in went into the shop on Rawson Rd I think and thought how grim is this, opposite the Doric ?Hadn't been around there for years and unlikely too again.