You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

John Lewis christmas adverts. They are shit.

I have no issue with the adverts themselves - though I've not seen this latest one - it's the fawning over them by people, the media, and reporting it as news.

Speaking of news, I was driving home yesterday evening and had 5live on when they and their final item during the news bulletin was...

Wait for it...

Kate Bush has revealed that she got nervous and thought she might fluff her words at her comeback gigs TWO YEARS AGO.

That isn't news.

• Upvote 1

People who continue to work through a minutes silence, get a clue about life you fucking cunts, typing away, if you for whatever reason don't agree with it then fine, but don't then assume you're partaking because you simply haven't spoken. Aside from the fact the entire point of it is to spend just one or two minutes of your life thinking about the people that have gone before you and what they have done for the country, there's so many women in our office that couldn't even tell you the dates of the world wars, let alone anything about them, I can't bare it.

• Downvote 1

People who continue to work through a minutes silence, get a clue about life you fucking cunts, typing away, if you for whatever reason don't agree with it then fine, but don't then assume you're partaking because you simply haven't spoken. Aside from the fact the entire point of it is to spend just one or two minutes of your life thinking about the people that have gone before you and what they have done for the country, there's so many women in our office that couldn't even tell you the dates of the world wars, let alone anything about them, I can't bare it.

Problem with this mate is that they are done so often it has diluted their meaning. This one is very important given how the world has learned nothing in the last hundred years or so,but they have become far too commonplace to have a lasting effect on many.

Some of these ludicrous programes in Discovery or History channels where every there question is "could this have meant ?" 

I'm sure most have us flicked over for a bit of Wheeler Dealers or Gold Rush in idle moments when f**tball gets cancelled in favour of indulging the nations enduring fascination with the failure of its hapless team,.Thats ok but of you stray too far into places such as Ancient Aliens or the Secrets of Oak Island beware of a world of utter nonsense where 30 minutes is spent making bizarre deductions based on no evidence whatsoever . Oh and the programs they make about shouty fat cunts in America that buy junk or the contents of lock up garages. They need to be nuked too  

• Upvote 2

People in my house not giving a shit about expensive stuff. A couple of months ago the boy completely caved one of the HDMI sockets in on the telly plugging his PS4 in. I can only assume he was using a fucking hammer because somehow it's disappeared into the back of the TV.

OK, I can get over that, there's still two HDMI sockets, right? Wrong. My bird has this week managed to fuck up the other two in one fell swoop. She moved a Firestick upstairs but took out the Sky box cable out first by accident. The situation I've only noticed just now is that only one socket will recognise the Firestick but it won't put any sound out. The Sky box is sound in one but flickering in the other one. She's ruined one socket by ragging the lead out and another by pushing it in.

And to top it, it's my fault apparently because I sent her to get because I was in the bath. I asked you to bring it upstairs, woman. I wasn't expecting you to have a fucking tug of war with the telly. They slide in and out easily as long as you're not forcing the things. Now I've got no option but to pay someone to fix it. I've told her to find someone in town to do it and then everyone else can stay away from it. Heavy handed twats.

Some of these ludicrous programes in Discovery or History channels where every there question is "could this have meant ?"

I'm sure most have us flicked over for a bit of Wheeler Dealers or Gold Rush in idle moments when f**tball gets cancelled in favour of indulging the nations enduring fascination with the failure of its hapless team,.Thats ok but of you stray too far into places such as Ancient Aliens or the Secrets of Oak Island beware of a world of utter nonsense where 30 minutes is spent making bizarre deductions based on no evidence whatsoever . Oh and the programs they make about shouty fat cunts in America that buy junk or the contents of lock up garages. They need to be nuked too

Murdoch has bought National Geographic so no surprise that it is often full of shite like programmes about UFOs and Yetis,etc.

Absolute garbage.

This.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/15/japan-fixes-vast-fukuoka-city-sinkhole-repaired-two-days

Not in itself, but just the thought of how many months or years that would take to get fixed in this country.  Let's face it, we're just shit at almost everything.  Fucking hell.

There is a massive hole in the main road where I live which has been there since we moved into the area when I was a kid, so about 30 years so far. 

I'm sure the council will get around to sorting it eventually instead of just tipping some gravel into it and then fucking off like they currently do. 

There is a massive hole in the main road where I live which has been there since we moved into the area when I was a kid, so about 30 years so far. 

I'm sure the council will get around to sorting it eventually instead of just tipping some gravel into it and then fucking off like they currently do. 

Better call Simon.

• Upvote 1