You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

1 minute ago, Captain Willard said:

Or at the checkout. One of the saddest things I ever saw was an old lady using a £5 voucher in Lidl that had obviously been cut out of a newspaper and sellotaped to the inside of a birthday card. 

What do you get a lady that has everything?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Or at the checkout. One of the saddest things I ever saw was an old lady using a £5 voucher in Lidl that had obviously been cut out of a newspaper and sellotaped to the inside of a birthday card. 

And you felt it would help the situation by chucking her down a hole ?

• Upvote 3

People who sit in their cars with the engines still on. Idling twats. Loads do it by my eldest's school. Fucking lazy - either make the effort to go to the school gate, or switch your engines off.

Generally the school (and nursery) run sends my blood pressure skyrocketing every day. I know it's not good for me, and I should stop stressing about what other people are doing, but one day one of these pricks is going to run over a kid. 

Twat - parking on yellow line

Twat - parking on double yellows

Twat - parking on the zig zag lines right outside the school gate

Twat - double parking so traffic has to squeeze through

Twat - parking on (what used to be) grass embankment

Twat - parking in the staff car park

Twat - parking on the driveway at the school gate

Twat - not parking, just stopping in the road at the school gate so your kid can jump in/out

Twat - trying to three point turn on the busy road outside the school

And yes, the majority drive:

Range Rover Sports

Range Rover Discovery's

BMW X5

BMW X7

Audi Q7

I just find that basic manners between people are evaporating - normal civil behaviour is now the outlier not the norm. People have generally become totally selfish and self absorbed. 

And don't get me started on the cunts who use our Nursery carpark (but don't go the nursery) to do a three point turn. 

TELEMMGLPICT000155681471_1_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqHaZ8JMGQ_nOZ1URPL9FaE8iZ_6TH--rKxBA8mEVjkI4.jpeg

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Elite said:

Old people at cash machines, it's like they are trying to crack the enigma code.

The wife is 44 and she's absolute fucking murder at a cash machine. The options are there, she knows what she wants but dithers over the button to select what she needs.

PRESS THE FUCKING BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

People who sit in their cars with the engines still on. Idling twats. Loads do it by my eldest's school. Fucking lazy - either make the effort to go to the school gate, or switch your engines off.

Generally the school (and nursery) run sends my blood pressure skyrocketing every day. I know it's not good for me, and I should stop stressing about what other people are doing, but one day one of these pricks is going to run over a kid. 

Twat - not parking, just stopping in the road at the school gate so your kid can jump in/out

Range Rover Sports

Range Rover Discovery's

BMW X5

BMW X7

Audi Q7

I just find that basic manners between people are evaporating - normal civil behaviour is now the outlier not the norm. People have generally become totally selfish and self absorbed. 

And don't get me started on the cunts who use our Nursery carpark (but don't go the nursery) to do a three point turn. 

TELEMMGLPICT000155681471_1_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqHaZ8JMGQ_nOZ1URPL9FaE8iZ_6TH--rKxBA8mEVjkI4.jpeg

Also when walking down the road approaching a parked car and they've got their lights on full beam, disconcerting. 

39 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Going to local B&Q this morning. Single carriage 'A' road, national speed limit applies and some twat at the front of a queue of cars doing just over 30mph!

Whatever you do , ds , don't ever go on the Hightown Bends from Crosby to Formby or you'll have an aneurism. National Speed Limit and all of the Formby dwellers , usually wearing hats , average about 22 mph and brake and practically stop on every corner. I've pushed cars faster.

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Whatever you do , ds , don't ever go on the Hightown Bends from Crosby to Formby or you'll have an aneurism. National Speed Limit and all of the Formby dwellers , usually wearing hats , average about 22 mph and brake and practically stop on every corner. I've pushed cars faster.

I remember them, on a motorbike though. 

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Range Rover Sports

Range Rover Discovery's

BMW X5

BMW X7

Audi Q7

Spot on this.

The school where Mrs HL works is the same one my Grandkids go to and it's absolute chaos there with the exact same things you mention.

There is only one way in and out of the place where the school is situated (cul de sac) and it really is only a matter of time before there is a serious accident there.

People block private driveways and actually use them for turning their cars round, and sometimes even park on them when dropping their kids off. 

The Head Teacher has repeatedly sent out letters to parents asking them to be more condiderate, but nobody takes a blind bit of notice, and the Police don't want to know.

After repeated complaints to the Council about inappropriate parking, they came out and painted zigzags which meant that people who actually live there can no longer legally park outside their own houses between certain times, not that it stops the parents though.

The obvious thing to do would be to introduce a residents only  parking system with permits like they do outside Anfield on matchdays, but they said that's unworkable.

Some poor kid is going to get seriously injured or killed there one of these days, heaven forbid, but even that probably wouldn't have people taking notice and changing their ways.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

The ones that say 'you may be interested in these stories before you go'? Bastards!

Yeah, those too, but the ones that literally just jam you onto that page. You click back and it refreshes that page, so you drill the left click button and it just keeps flashing on the same page. I reckon they have per click advertising, so have set it that way. Rat bastards

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Went into the market today and the scruff in front of me had no mask on - he then proceeded to do a 5 minute sanitization of the shopping cart - blocking me from getting one.

Dick.

As long as “he’s” ok. Cunts 

• Upvote 1

Apps that change their app logo. Flash scores have changed it from green to a new black, white and red one. I liked the colour arrangement on my phone when it was green. It was in the bottom left hand corner. I have a plain black background so now it just looks like a void. I’m glad they’ve updated the actual app as it was starting to get really slow but fucking about with the logo is beyond the pale. Intrusive cunts 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Mook said:

He might have really bad asthma or something.

Mask busybodies annoy me. "I was in the shop today and saw three people without a mask."

Really? You must be a fucking riot at parties mate.

*I wear a mask in the shop

I don't give a shit whether he wears a mask or not - just get out of my fucking way.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Apps that change their app logo. Flash scores have changed it from green to a new black, white and red one. I liked the colour arrangement on my phone when it was green. It was in the bottom left hand corner. I have a plain black background so now it just looks like a void. I’m glad they’ve updated the actual app as it was starting to get really slow but fucking about with the logo is beyond the pale. Intrusive cunts 

Works the other way as well though, spent 5 minutes trying to get a signal in Wetherspoons the other day and when I finally got into the app I realised I had got into a Weight Watchers one I have linked to one of their scales, which is also blue with a white W. Was starving by the time I finally got fed.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Works the other way as well though, spent 5 minutes trying to get a signal in Wetherspoons the other day and when I finally got into the app I realised I had got into a Weight Watchers one I have linked to one of their scales, which is also blue with a white W. Was starving by the time I finally got fed.

Hahaha! Maybe you’re a fat fucker because you’re too lazy to order at the bar?!!! 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I've been waiting for Tony to complain about the redesign for the last week

• Upvote 3