You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Next 10 Matches

AngryOfTuebrook

November and December's fixtures are, let's face it, fucking rock!

2/11    -  Arsenal (A)

9/11    -  Fulham (H)

23/11  -  Shite (A)

1/12  -  Hull (A)

4/12  -  Norwich (H)

7/12  -  West Ham (H)

15/12  -  Spurs (A)

21/12  -  Cardiff (H)

26/12  -  Citeh (A)

29/12  -  Rentboys (A)

I'll assume that everyone is hoping for 30 points.  But what do people think we can realistically get before the end of the year?  What would be the minimum that you'd consider acceptable and what do you think would keep you happy?

My guess is that we should win the four home games, but I think a realistic target would be 3 wins and a draw.  Away from home, 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats would, I think, be a decent return.  So, 18 points from the next 10 matches: 38 points by New Year.  That'd keep me happy.

What do you think?

I think our target should be to average two points per game, that would give us 76 points and should mean Champs League football.  We are currently two points ahead of that target, so would take 18 points.  Anything more would be a bonus.

17 and that's being generous. Few tricky games in that list.

I see us loosing at spurs, drawing with the chavs and I reckon we have the beating of city. They are not very good at the min and I think we could turn them over.

17 keeps us over the 2 per game average we're aiming for.

I think we are going to be difficult to beat away in the big games with 3 at the back and I am expecting maybe 1 surprise win and a draw or two against them.However I am expecting us to drop points in maybe two of the supposedly easier home games and away to hull, Id say we will get between 15-20 points from this period.

One things for sure if we get to the end of that period in a good position the confidence the players would have could take us far.

My guess is that we should win the four home games, but I think a realistic target would be 3 wins and a draw.  Away from home, 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats would, I think, be a decent return.  So, 18 points from the next 10 matches: 38 points by New Year.  That'd keep me happy.

What do you think?

That sounds about right.

Most likely outcome is between 15 and 20 points from those 10 games, I'd say anything under 15 would be a disappointment and anything over 17 is OK.  Over 20 and I might actually start to believe we will end up in the top 4 in May.

That sounds about right.

Most likely outcome is between 15 and 20 points from those 10 games, I'd say anything under 15 would be a disappointment and anything over 17 is OK.  Over 20 and I might actually start to believe we will end up in the top 4 in May.

Agree, plus getting 5 of of the 6 hardest away games (on paper) out of the way will be a bonus. 19 or 20 would be an excellent return.

The game against Arsenal is massive. 

Win, and confidence will be mighty high and really set us up for the tough 9 games coming up, lose and it might have a knock on effect.

Would be happy with 15-17 points from that lot, but as usual, one game at a time, so lets see what happens Saturday evening.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'd rip your hand off for 21 points out of that. I'd be happy with 18 points. 15 points should be minimum. Anything less than 15 becomes a bit of a pisser. Some tough games there.

The game against Arsenal is massive. 

Win, and confidence will be mighty high and really set us up for the tough 9 games coming up, lose and it might have a knock on effect.

We should see it as a no lose situation.

Arsenal are at home, they are favourites and there is no disgrace losing at their ground, which is probably the toughest away game of the season.

If we win it will be great and as you say we'll get the benefits of the added confidence and points.  But if we lose, it shouldn't really affect our target which we'll still be on course to get top four.

15-18 points wouldn't be bad and would keep us at least in contention for top 4.

The other teams challenging for the league and top 4 will all be playing each other too in this period, so points will be dropped all round.

My main fear is our squad strength going into the xmas period, as that's where both mancs, Chelsea, spurs and probably even arsenal hold an advantage on us.

I'd bite your hand off to be in the top 4 on January 1st, but would also be very happy to be within a point or two. This could encourage the owners to back Rodgers with a top player in the transfer window to give us a better chance of getting in the top 4 places.

20 points would be very good, I'm surprised people are pissing on our chances in the away games, we're pretty solid at the back if we cut out set piece errors, and given we've 3 new defenders and a new gk in starting line up that'll only improve. I think we'll pick up 8-10 points outta those away games and minimum 10 from home games. If we've 40 points on January 1st we'll be in great shape, add another player to squad just to push us on and we might just be onto a top 3 finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk