You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Swansea away match thread

fowler9

Thought wisdom did OK last night. Obviously he had to watch his step after that booking. Thought Williams should have seen red after that cynical foul on coutinho. We stopped playing from when he was subbed.

Their second goal was all about Shelvey running freely through our defence. Wasn't Wisdom's fault.

Gerrard didn't pick up the run when lucas went out to put pressure on them. Sakho might have stayed back too, but it would never have come to a goalscoring opportunity had our captain had the desire/fitness to stay with him.... Hopefully we'll see a similar upturn in form from him (like we did last year), perhaps the England games took a bit too much out of him?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

• Upvote 1

As much as it great that we've picked up so many points already this season, it is a bit of a concern that we seem to be so disjointed in the second half of games. The reason I deem it to be somewhat of a concern is that we won't always go into half time with a lead to protect and will need to be more assertive in the second half of games to pick up results.

I've only seen the goals from this game as I've been a bit busy this week (I'm not watching any streams this season if I can't see the game on TV anywhere) so other than the general discussion of this game, I can't say how I think it went. 

I'd say that with Coutinho out until end of October it went badly.  The game itself largely passed us by, and we relied heavily on the creativity of Jonjo Shelvey to give us an undeserved lead.  We weren't able to hold it because they were the better team from that point onwards.  Swansea should have taken the 3 points.  A draw was decent in the circumstances.