You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stoke City - Home - 17th Aug

Alex Gibbo

Just watching Match of the Day: shit, we were actually really lucky - it was a much more even sided match than I remembered watching. Stoke were so unlucky but for our keeper having his best game of the season. Thank fuck we have MOTD to show the UK the real truth about Premier League matches.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People always leave early to beat the crowds at final whistle. Could take 10-20 mins to get out after final whistle.

The ones around me all left early regardless of the score and they were all season ticket holders. Some local some not.

Well fuck me, I wouldn't have thought that.

I'd take a local support anyday, but it's not that anymore.

Just want to say a quick word on Stoke. To be fair, they're still alehouse bastards but they played much better football today, even if is under that cocksmoker Hughes. They looked genuinely threatening at times and not just from lumping it up the pitch.

As for us, there seems to be a real togetherness in the squad, as many have been saying. That save from the peno really had us celebrating, so much so that Stevie G practically punched Si in the face. Is it me or did this game feel like the most important day 1 game to win in fucking ages?

People always leave early to beat the crowds at final whistle. Could take 10-20 mins to get out after final whistle.

The ones around me all left early regardless of the score and they were all season ticket holders. Some local some not.

Pisses me off no end that. Stay to the final whistle and support the fucking team. So what if it takes a bit longer to get out. Plus I have to keep standing up/sitting down to let the twats out and it ruins the last 5 mins of every game. Got really pissed off when I missed the first goal at Gerrard's testimonial because I had to let some twat out to get a pie. A fucking pie! After 20 minutes!!

Seriously, they should lock the gates until the final whistle and shut the pie stands while the game is in progress. Rant over....

Just watching Match of the Day: shit, we were actually really lucky - it was a much more even sided match than I remembered watching. Stoke were so unlucky but for our keeper having his best game of the season. Thank fuck we have MOTD to show the UK the real truth about Premier League matches.

We were only lucky because we didnt put away more of our chances. They hit the bar and had one cleared ofc the line walters had one saved and missed a pen.

Henderson should have had a hat trick. Toure hit the bar. Sturridge had 2-3 chances. Aspas had a header. Johnson had a chance.

We had at least twice as many chances as them. The only surprise is he missed the pen. Usually we re punished for not getting the 2nd goal.

Let MotD keep doing that. Hopefully other teams will underestimate us. I don't care what anyone else thinks, especially if it helps us win

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Just watching Match of the Day: shit' date=' we were actually really lucky - it was a much more even sided match than I remembered watching. Stoke were so unlucky but for our keeper having his best game of the season. Thank fuck we have MOTD to show the UK the real truth about Premier League matches.[/quote']

Haha, I thought the same thing. Fucking BBC. Totally did the same to Swansea, to.

Guest San Don

Yeah, we were dead lucky hitting the woowork 3 times to stoke's once and their keeper making 3 or 4 excellent saves not to mention a shithouse ref who gave stoke free kicks for nothing while ignoring coutinho getting smashed across the face and shoved to the ground numerous times. That 'lucky' you mean?

Kinell, you just wonder about some people.

Yeah, we were dead lucky hitting the woowork 3 times to stoke's once and their keeper making 3 or 4 excellent saves not to mention a shithouse ref who gave stoke free kicks for nothing while ignoring coutinho getting smashed across the face and shoved to the ground numerous times. That 'lucky' you mean?

Fucking hell, did you seriously not detect the sarcasm in his post there?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Haha, I thought the same thing. Fucking BBC. Totally did the same to Swansea, to.

Here, have an extra 'o'. Treat yourself.

Mong tastic!

Good performance, but nervi as hell when we are only 1-0 up with 10 mins to go. It's a if we turn into a different team with 10 mins to go. Need to knock that on the head pretty quickly. We dropped too many points last season by going into a shell.

We were more than decent up front yesterday, and if we put our chances away then the last 20 minutes need not have been quite so butt clenchy.

However, if we continue to be profligate in front of goal, we need a presence in the midfield to calm things down, hold the ball and exert some control. We currently do not have that in our locker.

We were slightly overpowered again towards the end of the game yesterday, and we just got away with it. And we were playing Stoke at home.

Lucas looked good for a fair bit of the game, but we need that extra control from somewhere.

I never understood or will understand leaving early, you stay to then end. You applaud the team off the pitch and rip the bollocks out of them in the pub, that is the way it should be.

Joking aside my mate had my ticket and he said the atmosphere was fantastic after the penalty save, it was hard to pick up on the TV but I spoke to him and he said it was great.

Yes we should have been streets ahead but we did all right in the second half of the season and we will be burying them in a few weeks, rusty, that is all.

Well it looked like it was going to be another typical Liverpool day when they got that penalty, thought all of our team played well and it was a struggle picking out 3 for the man of the match, Mig had a shaky start but after that showed what he is capable of and the double save from the penalty was brilliant, Aspas, Sturridge and Coutinho were always threatening, Johnson and Kolo mopped up everything on the right hand side and Henderson really looks a goal threat these days

What impressed me the most is how the style Rodgers wants has improved in the team. Last year half of it was aimless passing around, lacking any proper movement and purpose, yesterday the movement was brilliant the way the players were interchanging and moving into space and some slick attacking play, really enjoyed it, team looks more comfortable with passing and keeping possession, although still not quite to the efficient standards of Barca as we do lose the ball fair few often needlessly.

On the topic of Henderson, he had a good game, he is like a Kuyt when in the wing and he will chip in around 10 goals this season I reckon, was unlucky yesterday as bergovic was like a robot. He always puts in a shift, I was watching Shelvey in the manc match and he is such a lazy player, when the team doesn't have possession he just jogs around with half hearted attempts at closing down with no real intent, I can see why Rodgers let him go permanently, Henderson on the other hand is the opposite.

, I was watching Shelvey in the manc match and he is such a lazy player, when the team doesn't have possession he just jogs around with half hearted attempts at closing down with no real intent, I can see why Rodgers let him go permanently, Henderson on the other hand is the opposite.

He thinks that he is a lot better than he is.

He thinks that he is a lot better than he is.

He does have a slightly over inflated ego, I think he has the talent and can become a really good player, people forget his only like 20 or something but has been around for a while now, but he has some serious deficiencies in his play, which is he doesn't change then wont fulfil any of his potential. I remember in an interview he said along the lines that he doesn't like defending as he can't be bothered, yet he says his preferred position is in center midfield, a bit thick really.

He does have a slightly over inflated ego' date=' I think he has the talent and can become a really good player, people forget his only like 20 or something but has been around for a while now, but he has some serious deficiencies in his play, which is he doesn't change then wont fulfil any of his potential. I remember in an interview he said along the lines that he doesn't like defending as he can't be bothered, yet he says his preferred position is in center midfield, a bit thick really.[/quote']

I think he's a bit of a flat track bully. He'll do well for Swansea in the games where they just dominate the midfield but in tightly contested games he'll be a liability.